Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
We rolled out an update to the site today, which unfortunately broke commenting functionality, leading to some strange errors. Everything should now be restored and working again, apologies for the inconvenience.

There's a new dark mode theme, for reading LI at night (or during the day) to save your eyes somewhat, as well as some tweaks in functionality and appearance. If you have any feedback, please let us know.

We are also hoping to select and welcome new moderators soon and will keep you posted. If you are interested, please create an account (or log into your account), and leave a message below letting us know why you would like to help with moderation.
Hi Kian. Please have a moderator who is unbiased. Various criticisms against certain NLU admin have been censored. Also, there has been woke political censorship where non-left voices have been shut down.
Hello!

I'd like to volunteer for being a mod. I've been an active since 2013. I visit LI about VERY frequently (I'm off all other social media), so quick moderation is guaranteed. I also pinky promise to be fair and unbiased.
So how to apply for the post? After logging in - we just have to drop a message?
Hi, yes please, do say hi and introduce yourself - we are just putting some of our technical ducks in a row but should be ready soon.
also, try and fix the like and dislike button, if I like one comment on a thread, I cant like/dislike any other comment, its messed up
Cautiously, we're pleased to announce that the up and downvoting bug may actually be fixed... So you should now be able to like and dislike posts anonymously without running into the infamous Error 9. Fingers crossed - please let us know if you encounter any issues.

The downside is that this won't please conspiracy theorists who thought the algorithm was biased against them personally :)
We are following the Elon Musk X-Twitter strategy: tear it all down and start again, without a real gameplan :)
Hi kian, just get a life and stop moderating 'discussions' between college kids who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Go back to reporting on legal news
Mark as trollish and disrespectful? Kian has been open on why going back to legal reporting would be difficult due to heightened regulatory compliances.
Good to see you again, Kian.

Kindly consider this comment as my application to assist with LI Moderation. The two primary reasons to apply are: (i) having been a long-time reader of LI (5+ years), it has tremendously helped me in navigating law school and becoming a moderator would be an ideal way to give back to the community; and (ii) prior experience with forum moderating (non-legal/academic).

Thanks!
I'm definitely interested. Having been an active member of the Legally India community for the past two years, I believe I can effectively contribute to moderating the threads in line with their intended purpose. Browsing through Legally India has become a daily ritual for me, and as a result, I've perused threads of various kinds, ranging from discussions about salaries, work-life balance, exam preparations, college grievances, career growth hurdles, to even unconventional topics like the armpit fetish threads (yes, I've seen it all XD).

Given that I've previously highlighted instances of moderator bias towards specific viewpoints, I am committed to maintaining objectivity and quelling any personal biases when carrying out my moderating responsibilities. My engagement with every thread remains consistent, whether in the role of a moderator or a member of the audience :)
Give links of some threads of scooter pls๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Okay so hello guys. I have been an active member of this website for years. I will like to moderate this website and I will faithfully remain unbiased.
Hi Kian.

Kindly consider my comment as my application for moderator. I have been an avid reader of LI for quite some time now. Having contributed to various discussions on LI, and witnessing what type of comments are generally not allowed, I am in a position to the moderate effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, being a GenZ, I have some know-how of websites, which can come handy to improve LI in toto.
Hi, thanks for letting us know. Also go GenZ! (but I thought you guys just used phone apps and didn't know what websites are anymore? :) Please also create a username and log in with it so we know who you (pseudonymously) are.
Kian?

Long time. Happy to see you back. What exactly do you do these days? Went back to Magic Circle or still in the publishing business?

I remember having a conversation with you in 2014. Really sad to see LI going down.
Hi, good to hear from you - 2014 was waaay back! :)

Don't be sad, nothing lasts forever but glad LI was there and useful and impactful in its previous avatar, while it was, and hope the current avatar is also and will continue to be helpful and fun for people.

Neither magic circle, nor publishing business: have gone to do something completely unrelated for a while :)
Dear @AshReh, @TheLord, @(Tier-1 NLU), @TroubledLawyer and @waqeel (in alphabetical order), thank you again for volunteering for the thankless (except from us) and tough task of mainting a semblance of decorum on LI ๐ŸŽ‰.

We have upgraded all your accounts to moderator status, which means that you will now have considerable power and responsibility in the LI microcosm. We have posted some more details in the following thread, which should only be accessible to moderators): https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/277177-welcome-new-mods-lets-talk-moderation-and-community

Good luck and god speed, please let us know how it goes ๐Ÿงฟ
can LI allow for sticky threads, whereby if all mods agree a thread can be given a permanent place (perhaps towards the bottom). I would like to nominate the thread on crowdsourced law firm salary as an experiment.
Thanks, that seems like an interesting idea. The one concern with stickies: how long should they be sticky for? Sticky posts have a tendency to just accumulate at the top of forums for years, and after a few weeks / months of no activity, they become a bit stale and take up space for people who are only here for the new stuff.

But perhaps a manual filter that only shows you 'sticky' or 'featured' threads might be something useful?