•  •  Dark Mode

Your Interests & Preferences

I am a...

law firm lawyer
in-house company lawyer
litigation lawyer
law student
aspiring student

Website Look & Feel

 •  •  Dark Mode
Blog Layout

Save preferences

KV Dhananjay

23 February 2018

And now for something completely different.“So, Arnab Goswami finally met his match?” Bangalore-based advocate KV Dhananjay told us earlier today on WhatsApp, adding:

16 July 2015

Four members of civil society, represented by Supreme Court advocate KV Dhananjay, have filed a writ petition in the Karnataka high court praying that a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) investigation be started against the Lokayukta of Karnataka, Y Bhaskar Rao and his son Ashwin Y Rao, who are being investigated for corruption charges by the Lokayukta’s internal police force.

01 July 2015

Dhananjay: Judges are human beings, feedback could help them improveKarnataka high court and Supreme Court advocate KV Dhananjay has commissioned a web developer to build a website that is intended to allow advocates to rate judges on three parameters - knowledge, integrity and cordiality.

17 February 2015

"Does this case fall in the 93 per cent or in the remaining 7 per cent?” Supreme Court Justice Ranjan Gogoi has begun asking the bar increasingly often, reported Utkarsh Anand in the Indian Express.

While Kapil Sibal reportedly did not get the reference, Gogoi was referring to recent research by advocate KV Dhananjay and others, that revealed that only 7 per cent of cases the Supreme Court heard had a constitutional dimension to them, as reported by Legally India earlier this month.

06 February 2015

Constitution: Uncared forA group of lawyers analysed 884 judgments handed down by the Supreme Court in the 2014 calendar year and found that only 64, or 7 per cent, involved any substantive constitutional issues.

02 December 2014

Supreme Court advocate KV Dhananjay argues that former CBI director Ranjit Sinha’s clandestine meetings with 2G and Coal scam accused were prima facie illegal.

21 October 2014

Advocate KV Dhananjay argues that a recent decision of the Karnataka high court in one of his cases amounts to a rewriting of the Constitution of India, which is without parallel or precedent in the constitutional history of India.

25 September 2014

Tom Cruise Supreme Court advocate KV Dhananjay argues that the Karnataka legislature’s amendment to the so-called Goonda’s Act is ‘exceedingly dangerous’.

25 August 2014

KV DhananjaySupreme Court advocate KV Dhananjay argues that the public interest litigations against the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) bill must fail, at least at this point in time…

11 August 2010
Supreme Court advocate K V Dhananjay along with a group of practising 2010 law graduates from Nalsar and NUJS have secured a three-pronged victory for godman Swami Nityananda, including restoring his passport that was impounded following his arrest after an alleged sex scandal involvement in April, and securing an injunction against the publication of a book and a police order.