Subscribe for perks & to support LI

Your Interests & Preferences: Personalise your reading

Which best describes your role and/or interests?

I work in a law firm
I work for a company / in-house
I'm a litigator at the bar
I'm a law student
Aspiring law student
Other
Save setting
Or click here to show more preferences...

I am interested in the following types of stories (uncheck to hide from frontpage)

Firms / In-House
Deals
Courts
Legal Education

Always show me: (overrides the above)

Exclusives & Editor's Picks

Website Look & Feel

Light Text on Dark Background

Save preferences


Note: Your preferences will be saved in your browser. You can always change your settings by clicking the Your Preferences button at the top of every page.

Reset preferences to defaults?

Bangladesh deal: AZB helps Jubilant Foodworks JV to launch Domino’s Pizza in Bangladesh

Jubilant FoodWorks has entered into a joint venture agreement with Golden Harvest QSR, a subsidiary of Golden Harvest Agro Industries to launch the world’s largest pizza chain, Domino’s Pizza in Bangladesh, as reported by The Economic Times and Mint. Post the investment, Jubilant Foodworks will be the major stakeholder in the joint venture entity with a 51% shareholding while Golden Harvest QSR will hold the remaining 49% stake.

AZB & Partners advised Jubilant Foodworks and was led by partner Vinati Kastia, senior associate Anant Dang and associate Aprajita Kapoor.

Ahmed & Farooq acted as the Bangladesh legal counsel in the deal.

Jubilant Foodworks is a master franchise holder of Domino’s Pizza and Dunkin’ Donuts brands in India also having exclusive rights to develop and operate in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal.

2018-03-06

This deal report is based on a firm's press release and may be only partially complete. Some firms or names of advisers may be therefore be missing. If you are or know one of the lawyers who acted on this deal but has not been credited, please leave a comment below (marked not for publication), preferably with your name and email address, and we will update the report.

Click to show 4 comments
at your own risk
(alt+shift+c)
By reading the comments you agree that they are the (often anonymous) personal views and opinions of readers, which may be biased and unreliable, and for which Legally India therefore has no liability. If you believe a comment is inappropriate, please click 'Report to LI' below the comment and we will review it as soon as practicable.
refresh Filter out low-rated comments. Show all comments. Sort chronologically
1
Like +11 Object -2 indianforeign law firm 25 Apr 18, 21:11  interesting
interesting that Indian law firms are happy to practice outside India by following their clients into other jurisdictions but have the problem with foreign law firms doing the same in India.
Reply Report to LI
1.1
Show?
Like +4 Object -2 Observer 26 Apr 18, 11:19
Agreed, but AZB has always supported liberalisation of the legal industry in India, unlike other baniya firms !
Reply Report to LI
1.1.1
Show?
Like +1 Object -0 SAM-IE 28 Apr 18, 14:53
HI-FI, what are you smoking brother? Most baniya firms are happy, it is the time to monetize..
Reply Report to LI
2
Show?
Like +0 Object -0 Deshi 27 Apr 18, 17:03
Bangladesh already had duminy's pizzaa domes' pizza (with almost similar logo). AZB better gear up on IPR issues or get an B'desh firm lined up for trademark issues.
Reply Report to LI


Latest comments