Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Whoa. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that comments are now being moderated so quickly. Wow. Thanks!
Beta testing moderation speed : submitting this post a this at 9:33. Will reply when it's posted !
Looks like the mod here beat your reply by a country mile. According to the logs, the post was moderated around 9:40ish pm :)
@kian I still don't understand why every comment/thread has to be moderated before it is posted? Shouldn't content be moderated only if it is being reported? I don't think IT rules requires you to moderate literally every single word even before it is published.
That is only possible if there's literally round-the-clock reporting and monitoring mechanism. If I report a defamatory comment at 12 a.m. and the poor moderator only gets to see that report at 7 a.m., the damage has already been done by then and the intermediary will be held liable for having enabled that.
Read the IT rules. AFAIK, it requires you to have a grievance redressal mechanism and even that mechanism kicks in only once something is published and the published content is reported thereafter. The rules also provide a decent enough timeline to resolve a grievance.

Also check out the TOS of similar websites. If a user posts something defamatory on Twitter/X, Twitter won't be liable for the defamatory content, but it will be the user. Hence we have the reporting feature to make such users accountable. If Twitter fails to moderate such reported content within the prescribed timelines then maybe some liability will arise for Twitter.

@kianganz
Not all recourse will have to be obtained from the IT Rules. Plain tort will apply here. Kian would have knowingly allowed the possibility of such harmful comments after having moderated scores of such in the past. Civil liability does not have to fulfill the high criminal standards either.
Not hiring but a massive great big thank you goes to all the new volunteer moderators who have done a truly fantastic job today!

Do say hi to them and let them know your appreciation https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/277179-say-hello-to-our-new-li-moderator-overlords

Any technical issues or other faults, are most likely ours and not theirs.
The new Mods are doing a great job so far, but there are still concerns with upvoting and downvoting comments on this new website interface. Might want to try to fix that, if you can.
This should hopefully be fixed now, please let us know if there are still glitches!
As far as I know, they are moderated twice now. First by the newly appointed mods and then again by the legally India mod to filter out our mistakes (if any).

And yeah I can assure you that we moderate, there are surprisingly high frequency of comments that are not suitable for publishing. Hope it helps :)
These lawyers people will always live 30-40 years behind the technocrats.