Read 103 comments as:
Filter By
I got to hear from my peers that SAM does not pay any stipend to its interns and AZB only pays 3000 bucks in 2022(!!!) to its intern (online/offline). I am not sure whether this information is correct. Can community please verify? (If its true) Then no stipend or Rs 3000 (which like 100 Rs per day sufficient enough for good old 80s) is too less and at worse disrespectful to the intern. This fact is surprising for and utterly shameless for firms like AZB and SAM who have very high billable/s and who talk about a fictitious diversity at their home/career pages. Not to mention interns from middle class background cannot afford (8k (travel) + 20k (Stay and food) 5-10K (miscellaneous/formals) 30-40K for cities Like Delhi, Mumbai (70k) and Bangalore which creates an unlevelled playing field which Is easy to walk by rich trust fund progeny. Please use this space to call out these firms and any other firm that abuses Interns as a form of white collar corporate underpaid mostly unpaid labor.
Sam does not pay interns any money. Despite promising the interns 4500 per month, none of the interns got paid. What's worse is they say they will pay , and even ask you for your bank details but they never actually do.
All the following data are from personal experiences or heard from close friends and family -
AZB Offline Mumbai is 3,000₹.
Trilegal Online is 16,000₹
L&L/Saraf Online is 10,000₹
SAM Online 0₹
KCo Mumbai online 9,000₹ (+- 3000 variable)
Anagram Partners online 10,000₹
CAM Online 10,000₹
LinkLegal online 0₹
Gravitas Legal Online 0₹
ICICI Bank online 10,000₹
DSK Legal online 0₹
Dhir and Dhir online 0₹
Regstreet online 5,000₹ (variable)
Remfry Sagar online 0₹
Rajaram Legal online 0₹
SRGR Law associates online 0₹
Having interned at 5 of the firms mentioned here, I can say that this is accurate
The revised Lexygen stipend number (they dont offer online only offline internships now) is 21k for 6 weeks. They announced the major increase in stipend almost a year back.
What garbage is this pay! Trilegal used to pay 15000 in 2015, if anything cost of living has only increased since then.
So, Trilegal paid 15000 in 2010,2015 and even now....wow....please some intern give the management a research report on inflation and rising cost of living for nindrunkard non partner type of Associate population with their families.
lol Sam offline also doesn’t pay anything. Just takes your financial details for the heck of it.
Trilegal paid 15k in 2015. It's 2023, and they've increased it by 1k. Much wow.
Sam online ex-intern here, got 5K as stipend. SAM offline interns get 7K along with travel arrangements and all. Currently I'm interning at LKS long term, getting 20K per month.
Yup. Only Trilegal pays somewhat fairly to the interns.
In my humble opinion,
An Online internship should pay 20k and
offline should pay 20k + 10k variable (1-2% billshare)

Also, those who get the internship through reference, while i agree should get a fair shot at ppo but should not get any stipend.
How would you calculate the bill share for an intern who literally cannot bill a client? Kuch bhi bolte ho yaar tum log.
Bill share LOL.. clearly a first year/2nd year intern who thinks their work was any worthwhile LOL
Wait what? I interned in L&L, Mumbai during COVID, 2 months online and one call back internship of 2 months. They did not pay me anything? The associates in fact seemed bothered by the lack of stipend paid to the interns during one of my internships.
What is the truth?
I am quite amazed at Trilegal. Given that it pays 16k to its intern and assuming it has 100 interns in total, Trilegal spends a whooping 16 lakhs as intern expense!!!!!!!
There’s caveats to it. It only pays 16k to interns who are admitted on merit/are on callback; which makes up only a very low % of the total interns. The interns who get through contacts don’t end up getting anything in their first stint, only on callbacks.
Who is getting internships on merit there anymore tho lol. And they have paid to the ones who got in through contact.
It was quite disappointing that despite being small, and taking 3 interns every month, Finsec never bothers to pay stipend.
The partners & founders of such firms are living a life of endless greed it seems.
How can someone not pay an intern who come from far away cities and bear huge expenses while interning.

Give internship to limited students, but atleast pay them for Godsake.
Trilegal earns heavy bucks my friend, paisa hi paisa hai firm ke pass. Adding to that Indus also pays 3.5 grand to its interns but majority come in via contacts (had my worst experience there).
I have an internship with Indus Delhi in December, can you please elaborate why is it worse?
Stop spreading fake news. IndusLaw pays 7.5k to 10k (varies as per feedback). This is for interns who come via college placement cells.
Honestly one does an internship out of their own want to excel in their career, law firms take at least 10 interns a month - spending 1 L on labour which does preliminary work is non-sensical. Higher stipends for MBA kids at cos is feasible only cause they intern summers or defined periods mostly, not year round. And have you seen intern work!?! you can help them learn and better their work for the future but rewarding them for shit work - not necessary. re: their expenses - well they chose this profession.. can we stop being so soft?
Let's stop pretending that law firms take interns out of the goodness of their hearts in order to train the latter to become better lawyers. Had the interns not added value, then they would not have been taken. The exact amount of value added can be debated, but not the existence of such value. If you have a problem with the work of an intern, then either have a better screening process, or discontinue with the intern once you find them irredeemable. Making them work for one whole month and then not paying them is not justifiable by any standard. If you don't think that interns are adding value, then why take ten of them every month to begin with? Is this an industry obligation that you have to take interns if you want to operate? The only one who seems 'soft' here is you, since you are arguing for exploiting others for your own benefit.
You are definitely not your username. You sound like an uninformed illiterate.
Your username, sir, is a joke. Thanks to people like you this sorta mentality remains the status quo amongst law firms. And calling it shit work is a bit of an exaggeration considering people like you are too high and mighty to do it. Realise that in order to excel these students simultaneously balance academic requirements and 50 other things while also doing grunt work without making faces to learn. So maybe crouch and tiger and hide your dragon before sharing such financially literate opinion.
You, sir, are so consumed by your sense of privilege that it’s hilarious.
Although L&L is crumbling and may cease to exist - they paid 12000 for offline interns in delhi office
Was it for the June month? Because they haven't paid me anything and seenzones my mail :(
Not to mention interns from middle class background cannot afford (8k (travel) + 20k (Stay and food) 5-10K (miscellaneous/formals) 30-40K for cities Like Delhi, Mumbai (70k) and Bangalore which creates an unlevelled playing field which Is easy to walk by rich trust fund progeny.

Most Associates don't get 70k in Mumbai or even 30-40k in Delhi.

You have posted hyper inflated figures discouraging students.

In Delhi, you can rent 2 rooms for 12k. Among 4 students, it is 3k per person. 3k for dabba per month 3 meals. 1.5k for transportation. Max 10k expense.
Mumbai living expenses alone are minimum 15-20K (that too on a sharing basis), food goes up to 8K for 2 meals. Please be serious. You're trying to downplay the expense struggle.

Just because you're getting to eat 3 square meals a day doesn't mean hunger doesn't exist.
@ Lord Konsi jagh delhi mae 12k ka flat mil rha hai. Juggi jhopdi mae thodna rehna hai. Everyone wants to live in safe locality so that safe locality atleast cost around 17-18 k for one bhk or two bhk also if one is coming to new city how can he make friends instantly and then convence them to live in that flat. Your theory js only applicable to them who are experienced in city or working. Max to max expenses of delhi would be 20 k which includes 11-12 k rent for pg not flat with sharing 3k food around 3-4 k metro. For mumbai avregae pg cost around 15 k with 4 sharing near fort or lower aprel area food is also costly there so. 20 k se toh bhot upar jata hai wha expenses
Well, for CAM, fellow colleagues have informed me that post pandemic CAM has reduced stipend to only 3k. Post pandemic CAM has also stopped giving free food coupon to interna unlike earlier.
I know if Bharucah calls you back for an internship they give 12.5k in Bombay for offline interns only. I got this amount. I don't know about their other offices.
Induslaw, Delhi taking interns through placement cells seems like a myth already. Khaali contacts chalta hai udhar. And for the person that said it pays "7.5k to 10k (varies as per feedback)" is max PR because I got 3.5k during my 1 month stint with the TMT team (assessment internship woh bhi - which I secured via constant cold emailing). For anyone reading this, don't buy the PR crap that these sweatshops sell on LI ffs.
Was your first internship with them an assessment internship, directly?
Hi. Got 10k during my internship with TMT Delhi :) (not via campus or source)
Totally agree with TMT waale bhaiya. Assessments and internships at Indus are a joke (sab nepo bachhe hai udhar), Trilegal and Luthra are more sought after in terms of stipends per se.
1500 per week + 300 per week lunch allowance [in-office internship]
thanks! how fast do they pay it tho im waiting for almost an year for my stipend
Damn wtf write to the HR this is crazy. They pay it in 2 weeks - a month max. And check your bank statements before emailing/calling.
Trilegal pays the maximum AFAIK.

Top firms in Delhi and Bangalore should emulate and better Trilegal.

For Mumbai, let the top 8 atleast 20k to interns for one full month. By the way, do not discriminate on the basis of the college. Doing so may not send a proper signal for top law firms.
Fox Mandal - Mumbai (BKC office) - 0 for offline internship.

It cost me a heck lot.
I interned 20 years ago with a lawyer named Mr Dipankar Gupta (now deceased). He was originally a Cal HC barrister but later became Solicitor General of India. He paid interns Rs 5,000 for 4 weeks, with very light work. In those days this was the standard stipend from senior lawyers and firms. I am surprised that in today's woke era interns still get paid the same. It should be at least 20,000 a month.

But the internship with Mr Gupta was more memorable because of the courtesy he showed to interns. He fed interns everyday and took interns out to lunches at five star hotels on 4-5 days. And if any girl intern stayed back till 8 pm, he would get his driver to drop her back home, as Delhi was quite unsafe for girls those days.
In which world bro? Last time when I checked the internship confirmation mail specifically mentioned this is an unpaid internship.
It's unpaid for short term interns and 20K per month for long term interns.
I travelled in buses. Less than INR 500/- for the entire month. I stayed on the top most floor of a building for my stay. You know those ones on the terrace. For just INR 4000/-. I shared that 100 sq. ft room with another chap, so my cost was INR 2,000/-. Also I ate from roadside stalls and my food bill was less than INR 2,000/-. All said and done in less than INR 4,500/-. Got INR 2,000/- as stipend. So burnt only INR 2,500/-, which was again saved up from semester expenses.

So hustle through the grind or stay weak because of your privileges.
Does anyone think the stipend paid to interns indicates an AO starting salary? Let's say if an intern receives 5k at a particular boutique firm, then an associate at the least could expect 25k (5x5k). Just a random thought.
Law interns should stop cribbing about pay. Work at subway if you want or embrace the challenge.
hmm considering you get decent wages coupled with a less stressful work culture and probably free sandwiches, it may be better compared to exploiting your associates to do your work and paying them meager wages and then stating "money is not everything in life". You, my fellow friend "T1 Partner" might be onto something here. I suggest you initiate the mass movement from law firms to subway outlets. Let us know how it goes :)
man ain't no one coming and begging to you for internships. We as law students come from different households with varying financial needs and we have our personal goals in life as well. Remember the only reason we address you as partner or so, is to obtain our personal needs. Ain't nobody concerned about, doubtful if one will attend your funeral
For Saraf Noida, 10,000 to NLU interns and none to Non-NLU unless your partners asks the HR to give it specifically.
A 42-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.