Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Honest answers only, please! I am asking as I am now in a position to invest some pretty high amounts. The advice I am getting is that a rally is expected if Modi gets a big win in 2024 and so one should enter now, but I am cautious by nature and wary of black swan events. Also, I think we should be cautious about 2024 because the BJP will lose seats in certain states where they had high yields last time, such as Bengal and Bihar.

In other words, what's the worst that could happen?
Avoid F&O.

Eye long-term equity investments and start SIP (learn to enter and exit in SIP also to book profits)
You'd have had to kill my family and chop my limbs off to NOT make me sell back when it was at 64k. You've got some ungoldy holding skills if that's true.
I’m amazed people here are making such high profits. If this is true, are you getting insider tips, while working for law firms or from your family/community networks?
The market has already peaked, taking into account a Modi victory. So it won’t rise much if he wins. On the other hand, the market will fall if the BJP gets less than 272, because the market is blindly expecting a landslide. So it’s entirely possible that some bears and those looking to short Adani stocks again are hedging their bets.

IMO best case for the opposition is BJP at 230, which will make Modi a lame duck PM dependent on Jagan Reddy and Naveen Patnaik. But the opposition could then offer one of them the PMship in their desperation to sink Modi. This will sink the market.
Invested in real estate in an upcoming T3 city with great prospects. Invested 50l with a loan of 20l. Have reaped benefits upto 15-20 lakhs within 2 years. Funny how as educated people we forget how much does real estate fetch in these unheard circles. It's a lobby ofc of dealers and middlemen and mostly cash but there are fewer things as safe as buying a piece of land which is bound to rise in its weight
I bought an apartment as an investment for 1 cr during COVID. Price is now 1.3. Will sell when it hits 3. I invested another 1 cr in stocks, MFs etc and that has now become 1.4. My goal is to hit 12 cr in assets and retire early. Then start a small business like a cafe after that, hopefully in partnership with a wife. I am currently halfway there, including my search on finding a wife.😬
The entire country is basically betting money on a Modi victory. Every family in India has some investment or the other in an Ambani or Adani stock, whether directly or through an investment scheme. But to be safe maybe one can invest some in pro-opposition companies like Hiranandani?
I invested 6 lakhs at the end of my first year at a T-1 then went on to pursue other things. That 6 became 15 and funded part of my wedding this year.
Where are ya'll getting advice from??? I invested 50 L and got 6 L in a year, which I thought was good. Now I see people here claiming crazy returns 2x to 3x of that!! If true, do you get insider tips from your law firms or something? e.g. an advanced tip about Hindenberg and their chums in India shorting the Adani stock?
Chalo Congress IT cell has been activated. Should have started early tbh, the BJP IT cell has already captured a big part.