Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
i prepped for clat and all my seniors told that do quant lil 5-6 marks are good enough in it i didnt heed much as i was scoring amazing in logical reasoning and legal and maybe practiced di little bit

moreover my mocks everything was on point

and the day the paper happened i scored descent in what i had hoped to score in all sectionals then came QUANT where i did the mcq mistake and lost out on all my answers and accquired 1 ( very silly) well regardless

im planning for a drop next year im prepping for ailet but i had placed all my eggs in clat it seems sad at this point with my silly mistakes in gk and quant im landing a score at DOT 80

any tips on how do i do my drop year as my 12th board will be ending in feb end march 2nd week so how do i do this if anyone has any valuable advice please do type it
i would suggest you to join a good private college and prepare for clat side by side as a complete drop without a college is risky.
Don't be a dropper. You only add to the revenue of coaching institutes and lose a year (opportunity cost for you).
No, avoid dropping.

First, CLAT itself is unpredictable, and from 2025 onwards (i.e. CLAT 2025 held in Dec 2024) will be multi-lingual. This changes the entire competition dynamics. Second, God forbid, if you are not well on the day of the exam or there is some other emergency (these are unpredictable).
Hey,

I think there’s a major misconception here that a drop year is a bad thing. It isn’t. If you want to get into an nlu and believe that you could spend one year focused on your prep without being distracted, then take a drop. Another consideration that has to be weighed in here is whether you have some support from family. See there’s a lot of competition nowadays and nlu education may give you a head start. But pls be certain that you really want to do law in order to make the drop year worth all the risk you’ll be taking.
Naah dude, regardless what the other commentators are saying, taking a drop if you are dedicated.

I am a dropper myself in T1 NLU and most batchmates are either one year droppers, two, some to the extent of even 3 (personally would not recommend 3 though). But private colleges would not simply give u the advantage. Take the leap child, believe in what u can achieve
With the uncertainties and risks involved take a drop at your own risk. Should something go wrong, the ones who as egging you on to take a drop will not come to your rescue by giving up their seats. They will be the first ones to scoot and you will be left holding nothing (staring at another drop).
Hey,

See I understand you’ll be a lil confused as to whether you need to take a drop. Tbh, getting a T1 NLU could give you a head start as some of these ppl here have pointed out. I think that you need to take a risk here. Maybe give yourself one year of your life to stay at home and prep for CLAT and NLuD. If it works out, your efforts would not have gone for waste. You’ll get all you want. In case it doesn’t work out, maybe join a private college or a lower ranked NLU and work your ass off ( you need to work hard where ever you end up at). So try this option out. Sort of a middle ground. I really don’t believe that ppl who are advising you against taking a drop had actually taken a drop. So think a lil carefully before deciding on what to do.
To OP: Beware of commenters here. They are trying psy-ops to convince you not to drop, even though dropping is very common and many commenters are prob droppers themselves. They have a motivated agenda to eliminate competition.

FYI dropping is very normal and not a problem. There are ZILLIONS of NLU grads who are doing vey well in their careers after dropping.
lots of naysayers in the comments man. Kid, if you think you have what it takes then do it, otherwise don't.

Many droppers end up at T1 (mostly droppers to be honest), but some dont do.

Just sit with your thoughts and your realistic understanding of your abilities and then assess whether you are cut out to be in the game or not.