Read 289 comments as:
Filter By
A brutal resignation email by an โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ [corrected: A3] is doing the rounds in lawyer circles. Blames several Senior Partners by name. The email was also marked to Mr Bahl.
A part from being a useless employee, he seems to be a loose Canon who doesn't want to take any feedback or criticism in the right way but blame everyone.
Sir i know him personally and you are talking about attitude, he is one of the most polite person you can ever meet
Ek or uncle agye Toxic or evil loggo ko justify karnee ke liye. It always victim blaming god damn egocentric individual who are master of manipulation are having this trait
Uncle please go and lie down in your coffin of billable hours and alimony checks. This was a legitimate case of harassment and I've witnessed it firsthand
Rubbish and false - work of fiction and i think absolutely delusional.
Every profession is demanding if you wish to excel but the toxicity of excess working hours due to partner selfishness and inability to push unreasonable deadlines, combined with a rat race attitude widely being promoted-not justified
I have been working with Abhishek for few years now and have found him, very professional and great attorney, more over I found him a great human being. I don't think the above allegations on Abhishek are true, it looks totally made up to me.
You have been working โ€œwithโ€ and not โ€œforโ€ Abhishek. Big difference in treatment. Clients work with lawyers, so they get good treatment. Associates work for partners, so not such good treatment.
Good to see that kids these days have the balls to point out problematic behaviour but I wonder what impact would it actually have
Don't think sharing images or links will work on this site. Please post the contents here
You can use this website to upload the photo here for everyone to see. It's free, anonymous, permanent and secure hosting.

https://imgbb.com/
Or one can just copy a picture and paste in the comment box. That works.
Why would you hold a grudge instead of accepting that itโ€™s a mistake on seniors end? Itโ€™s not that hard to accept and say sorry and do better? Unless you want to beef and be rigid and prove that only your way is the right way, donโ€™t see an issue.
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ please stop making this guy a hero.. โ–ฎโ–ฎ
Jindal uncle sunno in his email its apparent that his senior were hell bent of stretching the associate to such mind numbing extent so that it would break them away. How toxic world can be!
Thanks for setting the record straight.

Could you provide the link to Twitter for the email?
Have been part of this team earlier which is full of seasoned lawyers. The person was unable to deal with genuine expectations and has on the contrary, ended up writing this. Hope better sense prevails on A0.
Hardeep's team is very famous for โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ behaviour and attrition. Why don't you tell us how many A0s that they hired in the last decade are still with that team?
The entire lot of seniors in the team have been nurtured in last decade, and have been raised from A0s. The industry hates those who are loved by clients. Its shocking to see the constant growth of the team and the firm, with such an attrition rate. Try next door please!!!
Khi yeh hard**p ke chatu toh nhi likh rhe yeh. It clearly evident the team is toxic
Incorrect. He is best lawyer, kind hearted.

15+ lawyers in his team are with him for over 10 years.
I am with the team from 5 years and found the team to be very cordial and engaging. Got mentorship in team and all round professional growth.
Easier to just say this its toxic behaviour out there. Its because of sheer hard work and dedictaion this team has earned recognition.
hahahaha.. kaam nahi karenge, aur paise bhi pure lenge.. isse bolte hain hypocrisy. the law schools have produced some of the BS lawyers in past decade. when they are shown the mirror, they say that the place of work is toxic. this is the story in every T1.
Wondering why the "source" of these emails hasn't spread the 2 apology emails along with the resignation email...
No, I mean the apology to the email that was forced out of him, by someone senior who was moving out of the firm, on a bad note.
Because the 2 emails were coerced out of the guy.

Funny how everyone sides with the big dog in these situations.
Yes, takes a โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ hapless 20 something, and then force him to apologize. The senior partner in question is very lucky to have got away with this, โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Bhai, ek kaam kro tum rkhlo use naukri par..help him if he is helpless..Kuch bhi seriously!!
How is it even remotely acceptable to say this about a senior partner?!!!
Oh no, nothing wrong with him or his upbringing. I'm a PA at 8 PQE right now at one of the S/CAM and I'd do the same if my partner spoke to me like that.
In that case, you certainly do not know how to be even remotely โ€œprofessionalโ€! Good luck to you with that attittude!
So the summary, which appears from the snap in circulation, is like this-

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
This is twisted story of the email posed as summary. Rather the complainant guy was abused every time irrespective of his work in front of everytime. Every senior abuse Please read the contents of email as been seen on twitter
No one ever abused this guy ever. if some one is asked to work professionally does that mean you are abusing him. Don't want to work please feel free to sit at home. There cant be all 3-4 people having grdge againt one guy without a reason. Stop this abuse yourself first.
You probably treat your juniors the same way and expect them to keep shut hm? Also if you donโ€™t know stuff itโ€™s better to not write trash about someone
When a SA or PA has their ego hurt they tend to turn the entire team on the one chap who hurt their ego.Partners do worse, tgey can turn the entire firm on that one chap.It definitely happens and for real its abuse.
Well, please read the contents of the email again! He doesnโ€™t say he was โ€œabusedโ€. Rather, he was called out for his poor work. Hell lot of a difference!
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. While toxic work culture cannot be condoned, maybe this chap is a bit out of his depth at BigLaw.
Odd days: โ€œBigLaw is built on the hard work of ambitious random college grads, top tier college grads donโ€™t matter muchโ€.

Even days: โ€œBigLaw demise is imminentโ€.
Seems like you know this guy personally. I did not read so much into that SC. I wonder if...wink
Looks like someone who is mentioned in that email has summarised it or maybe the person summarising it did not know English
Bang on point, this person was a non-performing asset or rather a liability
I think the only non compus mentis person is you, very deceptively framing guy as non performing assets
There are contents if whole email and resignation letter going on twitter twitter
Canโ€™t believe people are blaming the poor chap on this thread!! That guy staked everything to stand up against something most of us would never be able to.
but what exactly did he put on stake here? Heard he got a job immediately, "as planned".
Exactly the point, he joined the partner who made him write this whole thing. Naukri to confirm this..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Its a great team to be in. The atmosphere and learning is wonderful. Just because this associate was unable to meet genuine requirements, does not take away anything from Hardeep and his team. HS will continue to be a rock star because of his in-depth knowledge.
Yeah a greatest team of all time breaking record amd billboard amd even getting grammy for their toxicity
And who are you to judge that? Have you been a part of the team? Having such in-depth knowledge on the alleged toxicity! I smell personal vendetta there!
This is exactly why foreign law firms are needed in India. Lets just hope that this reaches BCI and they revoke the entry of foreign law firms in India as requested by SILF.
You are under a false impression, Dude. People like him will not be able to survive for a second in foreign law firms. At least this team gave him an opportunity to mend his ways.
Respect the Associate who did this. It takes a lot of guts to stand up. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
You please join him and be a great lawyer like him, he should be your role model rather than the stalwarts, like Hardeep, who have carved out name for themselves by slogging.
These โ€˜kidsโ€™ certainly have other alternative options! You want everything served on a platter. Job with a reputed law firm, money, and wanting to NOT work. Thatโ€™s a pretty amazing deal.
All tier 1 firms are same. Remember. Equally bad and toxic. and the some of the associates are harrassers. They make kids cry and make them hate law. and people don't have any other alternative but to join them and these firms enjoy their craze. and exploit them.
As ex-AZB, I know dozens of people who would share that sentiment but are afraid to speak out. Hope he doesnโ€™t face any repercussions.
Well done, and they mustโ€™ve avoided hiring you when you applied. RIP
very well said sir/ma'am. it's just high time now. we need the magic circles here. long hours are okay but respect is paramount.
Of course Foreign Firms are known to do that, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley is the place for you.
I am here for 10 yrs. excellent work culture, leadership. With all due respect, never heard of this boy. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.
Shame on such culture. Such people wear tie and suits to appear professional, but behave in the most uncivilised way!!!
He qualified in 2020, A3 with exp of working with other law firm in house
What's "other law firm in house". You have no idea what you're saying.
BIG BOSS HOUSE has contacted this associate. he is going to be hosting the show with saalu bhai.. :-)
Hi,

I have worked with few partners and still doing doing on regular basis. As a member of the community, I would like to share my thoughts and experiences; Highly Professional and and goal oriented partners and teams. Lets have sw
Hardeep is the most illustrious corporate lawyer in India. HS team is the best. No such attempt can tarnish his self made success and reputation.
There's one or a couple guys from AZB PR team working overtime on Legally India to do collateral damage and save face. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
AZB delhi has no PR team.

FYI, your boss was looking for you while you went out for commercial break and hooked on to LI.
Yesterday was a holiday and my boss doesn't make me work on holidays. You inadvertently disclosed a lot about AZB as a workplace by assuming I would be working on a holiday.
This guy is NEVER going to get a job in a firm again. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
HS is an extremely, talented lawyer and a good leader who leads from the front and stands by you. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
The moral of the story is that Gen Z is very different. Gen Z are not doormats like Gen X/Gen Y. They will will not tolerate toxicity, bigotry, prejudice, homophobia, transphobia and abuse.
Agreed. then let Gen Z know that AZB Is not a place for them, and also let them know to stop their mom and pops, chachas and uncle from calling the bosses and seeking favours to get their son/ daughters/ nephew/ niece in AZB..
Or the need to do a proper days work. Or work. Or do anything m they just want to take.take and take and not give anything in return. Bunch of entitled freeloaders.
Dear, you work hard, you can succeed here too. If โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ We do not need another British Invasion to learn to lead.
The second objection was most ludicrous reason they(domestic law firm) just want to exploit indian talent by behaving sub par level, abusing them, engaging in Nepotism etc. They just want to keep their hegemony by restricting foreign law firm.
Before that, when one Hindu king was raping and pillaging other kingdoms, was it not like being attacked by a foreigner? In Bengal, when the Marathas kept on doing the same before 1757, it sure felt like the same.
I wonder why LI allows a post against AZB RE team but not anything against Trilegal's competition team.
I worked with Abhishek for a year during early stage of my career. Never found him yelling on anyone. He was a brilliant mentor. Subsequently, when I moved inhouse, he happened to be advising us on transactions. Again, found him same, very down to earth.
What's this new 'lack of sufficient seniority' and user above level 10, only who can read some of the comments? Want to understand what's this. Can a moderator explain?
All this drama, resignation while having offer from SAM from one partner who left AZB to join SAM.

Why not to have some dignity and leave with respect. Why disrespect first and then apologies ?
All the rant and all the false stories by so called A (0 or 3) just to join SAM with partner who left AZB.
I wish to nominate this A3 for Presidential Award of bravery of growing a spine in a field of service docile servants/lawyers.
I interviewed at AZB noida and I was told by senior partner during the interview that I wasted my money and and time by doing law.

I am glad that they didnt select me now. At a much better and healthier place now.
Bumping this to understand if there has been any change in AZB after this exit. I hope the firm has taken active steps in improving its work environment.
by the fact that he/she was desperate enough to type out this long ass word document, the suffering would have been serious.
Atleast people exposing these partners is good, true or not, people would learn to be accountable for their actions and they cannot treat their associates in any way they like.

It is high time the legal field starts treating its employees with basic human dignity.
A 33-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Indeed, I learnt an important lesson from limited my interactions with him (he was not my reporting partner)- never be so cocky and dismissive of other peopleยดs efforts.
Have personally, worked with HS and Abhishek, they are extremely, knowledgeable and stand by you through thick and thin.
Theek hai boss! Chill kar zindagi mein. Pehle its and itโ€™s ka difference seekh ke aa.
Please stop making some one a martyr when you don't know stories of both the side. Don's be so blind sighted!
Please keep your opinion to your self. You seem to be more toxic than any law firm out here.
The worst part is firm is forcing their members to defend their Partners/Associates on LI, write comments on how good the work culture in AZB. Seems Z is really pissed off with this โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.
A 14-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 69-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 211-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 84-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 76-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 71-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 72-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 129-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 66-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Shocked to see- since when this trend has started that if somebody is guiding you to be like a rubber band, and trying to explain to you to be the better professional, he has become toxic and humiliating. This generation should understand the perseverance
Perseverance in the guise of mentally exploiting publicly humiliation is toxicity. No one here is denying hardwork should not be done.
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.