Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Hello folks - Govardhan (not my real name) here. I took clat this year after 6 months gap and received NLIU Bhopal. I didnโ€™t mind the college at first but after coming here I was genuinely homesick at first. I thought it would be solved and I also felt (which turned out to be a misconception ofc) that the placements at both Nujs and Bhopal are roughly the same. Boy I was wrong. Nujs has a much more interesting and unique corporate culture while nliu folks are not just at it. Our latest placement (talking about nliu here) report (which somehow I came across seniors) shows let alone the LinkedIn announcements. My frnds at Nujs are already oriented towards the corporate cream by their seniors (no cap). I am a Kolkata boy (donโ€™t have a domicile) and I targeted Nujs this attempt which I missed by 1.75 marks. In fact I wanted the college so bad that after NLS in my preference list I filled up Nujs as my second choice instead of nalsar (donโ€™t raise your eyebrows).

Now after not receiving Nujs , I was hella upset. Thatโ€™s why before coming to nliu I already started prepping for clat again and now only 2 months to go. I want Nujs so bad that my preference list is exactly the same as of last attempt.

Now my only point or rather question is - should I join the Bsc llb course at Nujs and then continue retaking clat or should I stick to ballb here (which I am managing just fine , not compromising anything here btw) and stick to my plan of retaking clat? I guess ballb at nliu is still a better option than Bsc Nujs huh? Kindly help
Honestly, I think you should always the switch. NLIU has a massive domicile and other reservations even for the BA LLB so I doubt the quality of students will be so much better than the ones at NUJSโ€™ BSc LLB. But itโ€™s a hard decision. Best is to retake CLAT and upgrade properly.
Imo, you'll end up wasting one full year and trust me on this - a lot can happen in that one year. No need if it's not absolutely necessary
Dear Gobar (hereinafter referred to as "Not-Your-Real-Name"),

Greetings from the land of green rookies and life's perpetual students. I trust this missive finds you luxuriating in Bhopal's embrace. You see, as my freshly minted degree attests, I'm still a novice navigating this thing called life. Now, you may be told by well-meaning, glassy-eyed optimists that "everything will be okay." Such a phrase, I find, translates almost perfectly into "Not-Your-Real-Name."

That 'cream of the corporate' you seek is nothing but a cheap lubricant that your eventual boss/partner/senior/client is eagerly waiting to liberally apply on you (or yours) for every misstep and blunder you make in your romantic ballet of errors. But fret not! Over time, this grotesque lubrication might just become your brand of moisturizer. You'll grow accustomed to its slick sheen, perhaps even find a perverse sort of enjoyment in it. Soon enough, you'll be brandishing your workaholism like a badge of minor honor before your non-lawyerly acquaintances. "Behold," you'll declare, "how thoroughly I've acclimated to my pitiable yet oddly comforting grind!"

As for your feelings of unbelonging at NILU Bhopal, let me offer a modicum of hard-earned wisdom: Rush not toward judgment. The existential boat you find yourself onโ€”be it a yacht, a dinghy, or a rusting submarineโ€”will in due course reveal the fundamental pointlessness or, dare I say, the dizzying complexity of everything and nothing. And perhaps, just perhaps, that will become the cosmic joke you needed all along.

Yours in shared existential folly
Hey buddy, I am an NUJS grad currently working with a tier 1 law firm.

First of all, congratulations on making it to NLIU. Now as I understand from what you have written, your concern for asking this question seems like you just want to get placed at the end of your law school. I am sorry to disappoint you on this, but I believe you are too young right now to think so strenuously about it. I have several friends from NLIU currently working with me at the same position that I am, and I can tell you for a fact that these guys are no less than me. I know for a fact that corporate culture and placement numbers are higher at NUJS, but I also understand that a significant number of people are getting placed at good places from NLIU as well. I would suggest you think properly about this and clarify it in your head why you want to switch. If your only concern is to get placed at the end of your law school (which I believe is a decision to be made after exploring a little), I would suggest to not waste another year in preparing for CLAT, instead focus on your academics at NLIU only. However, if there are other reasons as well and also the fact that you are from Kolkata, NUJS is definitely worth the salt. Perhaps, talk to a few 4th-5th year seniors from your college who could tell you better about placement scenes at NLIU. Hope this helps!
The difference between the two is minuscule, which will not matter in your career spanning 30 - 40 years. Don't get misled by all this rhetoric. Don't lose a year for such silly reasons. You may like/love Kolkata. but it is always to good thing to learn and live in another city. You can always go back to Kolkata after you graduate. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
Dude its like choosing between milk chocolate and white chocolate, both are tasty and substitutes of one another
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.