Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
I come from a poor family and I'm currently studying at T1 NLU. I accepted Saraf's offer which was good for me as it was 16 LPA. I also had Trilegal come to our college for day zero and I had offer from trilegal and saraf. I went ahead with saraf because of team preference and I wanted to work in Delhi.

Now with this hike I'm literally depressed because I see my.peers.who are 100 times dumber than me with earn 3 lakh extra.. I cannnot live with it.. I don't see any hope of other firms increasing the pay
Stop comparing

Are you getting what you want, much more than what you need? Should be sufficient to be happy.

You're being greedy or jealous. Don't be.

Not trying to turn you into a saint here. But regret often stems from not having conviction in one's own choices. Have that conviction in your choices. Be proud of what you did. No looking back. Only lessons and better future decisions, if at all.
the firm will vanish if they start paying that (and hikes across). Even small firms like Rajani has more rich and paying work that Saraf.
Saraf is new so its bound to have teething problems.But Trilegal is a ship with a hole in it that's sinking fast.The new partners are aggressively and Associates can tolerate themFirm have driven away the old partners and Associates leaving.Desperate trying to hold onto people so firm offering hikes.Trike gal is not CAM or AZB.Too small a firm to recover from this.
the male friend in question is a master of manipulation in the well know law institute in gujarat
yes, because i'm sure people are dumb enough to make important life decisions based on what a random dude is saying. stop hearing dumb things from your seniors and do something better with your time.
You are crazy to get depressed on something like this.You are being paid fairly at Saraf.Trilegal is not worth joining if they are so desperate to attract talent by such are huge hike.Its too good to be true.And the jury is still out on whether this hike and "guaranteed" bonus is even real.
Still I'll have to cope up with loss of 6 lakhs if I stay for two years
What's with the constant bashing of the "small platform"? I understand they aren't big power deals like Zia or the Shroffs and not absolute tier 1s, they are doing decent and at least treating their associates well. Toxicity aside, even a promise of 18-19 LPA with clarity on bonuses based on transparent performance points makes it absolutely attractive and generous, to say the least. Not to forget they don't just hire based on ranks, but also analyse other factors even in Day 0s, and discourage references, and a whooping 16k a month stipend to its interns.
If only you knew how bad the work environment at Trilegal is,you wouldn't regret choosing Saraf.
You should celebrate your achievements of coming up in life.At that time you didn't know about Trilegal hike, you took a decision so don't regret it.Also Saraf is in its formative years with some prior brand advantage,its a chance for a long term career.Places like Trilegal offer such money because people don't stick around at the firm which causes major issues to the firm.In the long run you will see Saraf was the better choice.
Saraf needs people as much as Trilegal.Give it a little time and Saraf will match or better the hike by Trilegal.But just to jump firms for this hike would be stupid.And blaming yourself for a past decision when you didn't know about Trilegal hike is a dumb thing to do.
What is there to be depressed.You can try your luck by applying to Trilegal in some time.If they accept,great .Money problem solved.If they are rejecting you just because you chose Saraf earlier, then maybe you will then realise that this was not a firm worth joining anyways and you made the right decision.
Trilegal is a sick firm.The partners and PAs currently there including some female partners used offensive ,abusive and perverted language.This was not a huge problem earlier but with the new partners coming from these lala shops this has become a recurring problem.You are better off at Saraf.Grass appears greener on the other side,doesn't mean its green.
This entire increment is to soothe the nerves of the Associates who were planning to walk out of the firm with their old partners exiting the firm.The new partners are terribly behaved and have bought into Trilegal the whole toxic lala culture of their previous law firms.The Associates have ben given this hike so that they put up with the toxicity instead of rebelling or leaving.
This is entirely false. The Partners who have moved in have been assimilated into our strict culture
Ya,lets see who the culture is strict on.The partners or the ones around the partners
Rebelling or leaving, lol, you wish you had those options in this market
Dont think so.And your friends who exited with their previous partners are paid better and don't have to put up with the new partners who cannot wrap their heads around "merit"
Think.If Trilegal is paying this way its because its not able to attract talent like a SAM,AZB etc.There is no great Tier 1 value of Trilegal.
A law firm is basically putting out an advertisement with words like guaranteed bonus and you a lawyer is falling for this stupid ad.Your getting depressed thinking that I could have got this guaranteed bonus and all.Your dumb.
You work at Tier 1 Saraf that broke away from Luthra.You know what kind of politics,back stabbing and lies happen at a Tier 1 .You are still driving youreself to depression thinking that you might have got this bonus at Trilegal?Thats just imagination of a perfect life or career which no bloody "guaranteed" bonus can give. How can you possibly believe in any announcements of Tier1s words when you know what Tier1s are like.For years CAM used to put out such PRs about its greatness.Today everyone knows what CAM is.If Trilegal is doing this now its probably some sham just like the CAM PRs.
Be happy with what you get in Islam we say that the one who thanks Allah always get the better one compared to what they have sp happy my friend
Bohot bura hua yaar. Matlab, bohot bura.

But soch, aur bura ho sakta tha, like you not landing up with a job at all!
A 52-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.