Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
LI is a treasure trove of information for present and future corporate lawyers in India.LI is basically the history book of Indian Corporate Legal Profession. We didn't have any other alternatives.

Will LI just come crashing down one day as kian cannot keep up to pay server and moderator money.

What can we do to preserve this website? Can we take some initiative to archive legally india? LI existing in the long run is even beneficial for researchers and even upcoming generations to know how law firms were back in the day.
Thanks for your concern. Archive.org should already have a backup of all LI articles. And more generally, we'll try to keep this website and content alive for as long as possible and are working in the background on making moderation more sustainable.
The only way to save LI is to hand it over to an NLU student and alumni group, which can restore it to the old LI, with news being primary and discussions secondary. Also, the present moderator must be fired because of his ideological bias and slow response time.
I agree. In fact, dear R & Kian, please keep in mind that there would be several people interested in buying LI - myself included - so do consider that before shutting it down.
In my opinion, everything people use Legally India for, can be replicated by a subreddit. Someone create a subreddit and post its name here.
Multiple people have explained many times here as to why a subreddit is not a good alternative to Legally India. Each comment on LI is anonymous. a reddit account leaves you open to doxxing. Plus, not many people are going to bother shifting.
We're lawyers, not dependent on anyone or anything. LI is just nothing for us. It's like a pass time surfing for me.
Dear Kian,

Please don't crash this website πŸ™

I am an old timer, I come here just to know what my juniors talk. I still remember Legally India in 2011, before making Partner at a law firm commenting and laughing out loud.

We could launch a project to preserve this website.

@Moderator - Please show threads like this to Kian.
Agreed!

I had been here around 2013, it was a much different place back then
The saddest thing about the decline of LI has been the simultaneous decline of NLU student protests against admins. It was Kian who catalysed student protests through activist journalism and moral support to students. Many corrupt VCs lost their job because of LI’s coverage and it’s crazy how influential LI was. That no longer exists now. You also have the vacuous TikTok/Reels generation as students now. They’d rather tweet in favour of Black Lives Matter or cancel JK Rowling than protest against blatant corruption and injustice in their own backward.
@MODERATOR

Is Kian really seeing this website? Why is he not telling anything.
@Moderator,

Any comments from Kians for keeping Legally India alive?

Many of Corporate lawyers would be happy this platform alive so that our juniors can also see how this profession evolved.
Hi there, thanks for all your feedback and great to hear that LI has been and continues to be useful 😊

We don't intend to close down LI and have no intention of ever shutting down the archives. If there are financial difficulties in future in maintaining the archives or paying the bills, we will let you know and will be grateful for all your help, of course, thank you very much for offering.

Hope you are well and happy!

Kian
Kian, great to hear from you! Request you to please do the following:

1. LI needs to be a news site again, as Bar & Bench/LiveLaw are stooges of the establishment and deep state who will ignore controversial news like corruption in law schools, corruption in the BCI etc. They also never did activist journalism like you, e.g. leaking documents. Please hand over LI to a group of NLU students/alumni who can make it a crowdsourced whistleblower news website like WikiLeaks. We will be happy to give donations.

2. Please replace the moderator with someone unbiased and non-woke. The current moderator is biased in favour of NLSIU and the left-liberal elite. He does not believe in free speech and randomly censors comments.
Is that why LI comments are full of trolling against NUJS even in unrelated threads?
Kian, where are you these days? Some people said on LI that you are working for Clifford Chance. Some said that you married a millionaire NRI girl and are chilling in the US. Which is true?