Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys, so applied to CAM for an internship and was connected to the most unprofessional ▮▮▮ ever.

I was also on a call with ▮▮▮, where ▮▮▮ asked me which college I am from. This was AFTER ▮▮▮ rejected the application, which means ▮▮▮ didn't even open the CV nor read the mail, where I have highlighted this (top 3 NLU) in bold. My batch rank is also in the Top 10, and I have 4 internships (Tier 2s and Boutique) in ECM, but ▮▮▮ didn't even "consider" my application.

With context- I applied with a contact. One client (mentioned below) and one regional head reference.

Kaisa firm hai bhai, I literally spoke to clients (LIC, Nykaa, Macrotech promoters, IIFL, GSS and JMF lead managers) who are my relatives, they say Cam does the most shoddy (read shady) work ever but undercuts prices, which is actually not worth their work. Have heard from associates, that they also undercut salaries and treats them as slaves.

It seems I dodged a bullet. But I absolutely hate that ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮, how rudely ▮▮▮ responded on call as if I am disturbing ▮▮▮ and not enquiring about my literal career and asked about the college, which I even mentioned in the Subject of that mail. And yes this was after a Regional head reference and client reference, so got a response in 2 days.

And no I am not a novice to the shady business of unpaid internships in Indian law firms. I have interned at consulting firms, an investment bank as well as a large PE Fund. I have secured internships at other Tier 1 firms (JSA, SAM, Indus) only based on merit without mentioning the clients I have known nor mentioning the out of law internships, just the 2 tier 2s and 4 boutique ones. But the HRs have been diligent in evaluating the applications and even very professional (and sweet) on calls and also providing confirmation in 4-5 weeks.

(Also, I have not subscribed to the placement cell of my College due to the absolutely dirty politics)
You got lucky being rejected.Think what its like if you are selected by such a firm.
sounds like privilege showing (but yes treatment is bad) (but then again, imagine for people going without contacts into all of this)
It’s one thing to claim that the internship process is lazy, but it’s entirely another thing to throw shade and dirt on the work of CAM’s lawyers. Whatever their shortcomings as an organisation, CAM always produces exceptional work, and it’s sad this post came down to clients allegedly claiming the work to be shady. Shady work and undercutting prices are at least two activities the MP is never going to be doing.
Exceptional work? CAM's opinions are some of the laziest that I have seen in the industry.
CAMs opinions are literally rubbish.They have no ethics,they will bend the opinion to suit what will increase the litigation/legal-diligence and enhance their billing revenues.
wow the comment by me was not released. Dude R it is a public scandal, does the HR only work on PR
kitne entitled ho bhai sahab, folks w/o contacts have to follow up for at least 3-4 months to get a decent internship - kahi aur jaake crib karo
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.