We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I was also on a call with ▮▮▮, where ▮▮▮ asked me which college I am from. This was AFTER ▮▮▮ rejected the application, which means ▮▮▮ didn't even open the CV nor read the mail, where I have highlighted this (top 3 NLU) in bold. My batch rank is also in the Top 10, and I have 4 internships (Tier 2s and Boutique) in ECM, but ▮▮▮ didn't even "consider" my application.
With context- I applied with a contact. One client (mentioned below) and one regional head reference.
Kaisa firm hai bhai, I literally spoke to clients (LIC, Nykaa, Macrotech promoters, IIFL, GSS and JMF lead managers) who are my relatives, they say Cam does the most shoddy (read shady) work ever but undercuts prices, which is actually not worth their work. Have heard from associates, that they also undercut salaries and treats them as slaves.
It seems I dodged a bullet. But I absolutely hate that ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮, how rudely ▮▮▮ responded on call as if I am disturbing ▮▮▮ and not enquiring about my literal career and asked about the college, which I even mentioned in the Subject of that mail. And yes this was after a Regional head reference and client reference, so got a response in 2 days.
And no I am not a novice to the shady business of unpaid internships in Indian law firms. I have interned at consulting firms, an investment bank as well as a large PE Fund. I have secured internships at other Tier 1 firms (JSA, SAM, Indus) only based on merit without mentioning the clients I have known nor mentioning the out of law internships, just the 2 tier 2s and 4 boutique ones. But the HRs have been diligent in evaluating the applications and even very professional (and sweet) on calls and also providing confirmation in 4-5 weeks.
(Also, I have not subscribed to the placement cell of my College due to the absolutely dirty politics)