Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
I may sound offensive to a lot of people here , but screw u too , I'm not here to curry favours anyway.Here it goes -

My parents are literally trying to screw me over with their idiotic decisions that are making live worse for everyone.They are not able to fund my education further after my llb because they already have a house EMI to repay , which we never wanted to live in anyway.They are insisting that I take a loan to continue my education.

I am doing a job but I feel a master's would help me immensely in my professional career ahead , but I'm stuck in an impasse here since my parents won't give me a penny now. Again, we al know how difficult it is to get a job after law anyway .

I am also Ok with taking a loan, but the only thighs that are bugging me are

1. There are no guarantee of placement after llm and I am on my own to get a job thereafter, so it's completely baseless to burden anyone with a loan .

2. The amount is not that much also < 6 lakhs for an year , so idk how to deal with the situation.

Not only this , they wouldn't help me even if I go for a cheaper masters, as they are apparently broke , but the house we just bought costed more than probably a 1bhk in lower Parel .Also to mention we had another ancestral home in the same city,which we haven't sold out yet,but we still shifted to this flat for the sake of amenities.

Please help, or am I doomed to suffer?
make your own way, you have got the boost from your parent

now its upto you, do not wait for handouts anymore
They donโ€™t owe you shit, work hard and make your own stack. My parents are somewhat well off but I still wonโ€™t beg them to finance my mba because itโ€™s an ego thing. Iโ€™d rather take out a loan and later repay it.
Welcome to the real world. This is your parents' tough love. It will make sure that you learn to stand on your own feet and take responsibility for the consequences of your decisions. If ever you become a parent, you will truly understand why your parents are doing what they doing.
Have some shame while saying your parents are screwing you over just because they don't seem to be able to afford your masters. If you are so desperate to do your masters maybe earn the money yourself instead of being a grade A asshole expecting your parents to spend every penny they own on you
Don't do an LLM abroad, do an MBA. You will be able to pay back the loan faster. You yourself admit in your post that it's hard to get a job after studying law.
your parents don't owe you much, remember that, they owe you an education till class 12, higher education is by their graces, and after that you have to give them half your salary till you pay them back how much they spent on you with inflation adjusted
Don't take loan for masters, job market for law is worst. Law field only runs on nepotism. Be it tier1, tier2 or tier 3 firm. Only foreign firms like magoc Circle has an merit based intake
No one that financially desperate ends up at JGLS.

Also, OP should probably take up on this bet. Regardless of who wins, an asshole would lose.
What is this world we have come to? hamare zamaane mein 18 saal mein dhakke maarke nikalte the
I really hope you don't Get a job and starve and then understand the value of money
Meditate , be exceptional. Keep on working and earn a good gmat mba with good scholarship. Work tremendously hard. Zindagi mein koi help nehi karega dost. Donโ€™t ever disrespect your parents.
You are an adult. Your parents aren't bound to pay for your further education, unless they want to.

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

Take a loan in your name and go do the LLM if it matters to you so much.
You say that a masters will help you immensely in your career. Then you go on to say that "there are no guarantee of placement after llm and I am on my own to get a job thereafter, so it's completely baseless to burden anyone with a loan".

So why do a stupid degree like LLM if there's no guarantee of employement? You are making 2 contradictory statements and both of them cannot be true at the same time. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
A 21-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.