We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
So why do a stupid degree like LLM if there's no guarantee of employement? You are making 2 contradictory statements and both of them cannot be true at the same time. โฎโฎโฎ
โฎโฎโฎ
Take a loan in your name and go do the LLM if it matters to you so much.
Also, OP should probably take up on this bet. Regardless of who wins, an asshole would lose.
now its upto you, do not wait for handouts anymore
My parents are literally trying to screw me over with their idiotic decisions that are making live worse for everyone.They are not able to fund my education further after my llb because they already have a house EMI to repay , which we never wanted to live in anyway.They are insisting that I take a loan to continue my education.
I am doing a job but I feel a master's would help me immensely in my professional career ahead , but I'm stuck in an impasse here since my parents won't give me a penny now. Again, we al know how difficult it is to get a job after law anyway .
I am also Ok with taking a loan, but the only thighs that are bugging me are
1. There are no guarantee of placement after llm and I am on my own to get a job thereafter, so it's completely baseless to burden anyone with a loan .
2. The amount is not that much also < 6 lakhs for an year , so idk how to deal with the situation.
Not only this , they wouldn't help me even if I go for a cheaper masters, as they are apparently broke , but the house we just bought costed more than probably a 1bhk in lower Parel .Also to mention we had another ancestral home in the same city,which we haven't sold out yet,but we still shifted to this flat for the sake of amenities.
Please help, or am I doomed to suffer?