Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I'm currently in RMLNLU NRI-Sponsored. The fees is almost 50 lakhs for 5 years in total.

Today, the list of applicants who paid the application fees for WBNUJS' BSCLLB course (BSC in Forensics and Criminology) was released.

In general All-India category, there are 22 seats. My serial number is 25. This list is of 26th June (and there was an email on a very short notice sent by WBNUJS for all the applicants on 6th July wherein they had to reply with their self-attested Aadhar Card and CLAT score card by 7th July), so by now there's a high probability many students above me would've joined other colleges or simply couldn't make it on time.

So, in case I get it, should I join WBNUJS' BSCLLB course? I heard they'd have a new campus and hostels, but the subjects they're offering are pretty good and since WBNUJS has one of the best ,if not the best, domestic placements in the NLU circuit, the placements after 5 years may also be good (the placement committee for both BALLB and BSCLLB would be the same).

Even if the placements aren't good, they really aren't an issue for me. The college has a really good brand value, and from next year the crowd would be great as well (NLIU's BSCLLB closes <AIR 600 despite it being exclusive for science stream students, and WBNUJS' BSCLLB is for everyone). Also, considering these factors, would giving CLAT 2024 be worth it (it'll be my second drop)?
Make the switch to NUJS. Especially since you're on an NRI quota at RML, it makes absolutely no sense to stay there. And yes, NUJS is one of the best placement-wise, but it remains to be seen how it fares with an increased batch size. But even then, it's hands-down superior to RML. And maybe think of CLAT 2024 after you've seen how the NUJS course turns out to be for you.
yes, if you do get into NUJS take it

the classrooms will shift to the main campus in two years time, the construction has already started to add two floors to the academic building to build the labs and extra classrooms. University has bought a new bus to ferry students, the temp buildings are about 2.5km away

The hostel situation is a bit tricky, although provisions have been made to accomodate the incoming batch of the bsc llb students but this will get fully filled up after next years incoming batch, although land had been allocated during the time of ishwara bhatt to build new hostel block but the govt agency which held the land refused to hand over the land inspite of order by the govt, so it is stuck in a limbo

however, there are lot of PGs available in the neighbourhood, and the situation may change in 2026 when this problem will occur
BSC LLB and then retake clat. Second drop is never going to be a problem. But do have a stable backup. Maintain your acad at Nujs and retake clat
Join NUJS over RML. NUJS BSC also has core subjects similar to BA course
Can't believe someone pays 50 lakhs to study at RML?

NRI quota is nothing but a backdoor entry and corrupt practice on the part of NLUs.

You could have joined Jindal which is much better than RML in lesser fee (9 lakh per year I think). You could get scholarship to reduce it further.
Parents wanted me to join an NLU (at least up till Tier 2) at any cost, and Lucknow is my hometown.
NUALS lele. They are still accepting nris applications if you request them
26 lakhs+Flight costs. Would still end up paying more than 30 lakhs. Top that over with the fact that it'll be a downgrade for me as RMLNLU is objectively better than NUALS in most categories.
Toh phir NUALS ko general peh request kar and make them open the form for u for spot admission. Pretty sure u have got the general rank for NUALS
Hi so I will be honest with you here. First of all Nujs BALLB is a fantastic choice. Undoubtedly the college is known for mind-blowing placements and their merit is continuously increasing in terms of foreign placements as well.But BSC’LLB is not something I will recommend. Your logic of placements being better after five years is really uncertain and unsettling. Remember for the next five years you will be competing with the BALLB batch as well. Plus the perception of corporate law firms towards this particular course is not yet gauged. My suggestion will be that you enroll for this particular course and retake clat again since it’s in 4-5 months anyway. I have seen numerous cases of second drops (and even third drops) , the graduates turned out pretty well (infact some of them are excellent). Anyway it’s pretty common. You will see that by yourself when you will join Nujs.

I wont recommend you to OPT for RMNLU NRI sponsored because that’s just a huge waste of money. Be at peace with the course you have currently and go forward with clat this year. Strike a balance and you will be just fine. And who knows? Maybe this course will actually be excellent in the next 5 years because of the brand value as you just now said.
I think this is pretty self-explanatory but both of the options aren’t really great. However , I will still tell you to join the BSC’LLB course solely for the brand value of Nujs. You can retake clat from there. It will be worth changing colleges if you do end up securing a good rank in the exam.
Retaking will always be worth considering the options you have. Don’t ponder over your drop years much (they really don’t matter). Do think about the current course you are joining as clat is unpredictable and anything can happen. So for now BSC’LLB seems like a safe option because of the Nujs tag. Go for it. Work hard for clat there.
Dono hi options mediocre hein. The best choice is to sit for clat again (second drop won’t harm much if you are in the age range of 20+). For backup maybe stick to Nujs
you must be on a high if you think NUJS is offering a mediocre course

next year the gen all india CLAT cut off for bsc at nujs will be less than 500

however, its just plain wrong that nujs did the bsc llb counselling outside the clat framework, someone should file a pil on this
Yeah, but it is good that Atleast there are a few more seats at a top NLU now. Shocking how only around than 500 kids in the top CLAT ranks will even get a half decent NLU and of that, less than half can claim to be in a top-tier one.
So any course which is like in its baby steps will be good? This is the advice you are churning out to juniors who are applying for this course? And don’t teach me the brand value of Nujs - honestly that’s why the course is mentioned as β€˜mediocre’ else it would’ve been straight up a bad choice. The rank cut off can decrease or increase next year - so that’s not a good metric to go by if the OP wants to make a decision , is it?

Also maybe don’t take this arrogant tone of β€œif you think Nujs is offering a mediocre course” - that’s why so many Nujs hate threads are popping up. We are not the heaven of Athena ffs
It happened because this course was started after clat 2023. Clat ranks are still being used
There are several people who change colleges quite a few times. Recently a person from Nujs ballb is retaking for clat again and the thread even appeared here days back. So it won’t be a biggie.

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/267853-NUJS-or-GNLU-or-2024-reattempt