Read 108 comments as:
Filter By
Long story short, was allotted NUJS after CLAT 2023, not very keen on taking it because I really wanted to get into NALSAR all throughout my clat prep and missed out by a few marks and am still beating myself up over it. I applied to GNLU in vacancies and got in, should I take it? I’ve read terrible things about NUJS campus and that the institution itself has been declining (?) and am not sure if I’ll enjoy my time there but on the other hand I’ve heard people say that the NUJS tag does carry some weight. GNLU seems to have a much better campus and decent placements. Will I be downgrading if I pick GNLU over NUJS? Another option I have is to pick either one of these and then write CLAT again this December to get into NALSAR because I feel like if I don’t I will always regret it. Would I be wasting a year if I do this? Is it even worth it? I’m just very very confused and would appreciate any genuine advice, thank you.
Literally won by 0.1 and yet NIRF ranking stand. But when symbiosis comes and takes 2nd (or 3rd off memory) place because of perception score then it fails to remain a standard? Please stop marking colleges as per NIRF. There is little to none difference in law schools anyway
long answer short

1) Will I be downgrading if I pick GNLU over NUJS? Yes

2) Would I be wasting a year if I do this? Is it even worth it? yes, no
Legally India is filled with wrong advice like this. The second point is so false
Can you please stop dragging NLUD everywhere? It has done nothing to deserve it.
Just because you don’t know of the achievements, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Educate yourself first.
NLUD has done more than NALSAR has in the past decade to deserve it. Anyone who’s been following these top NLUs knows that NALSAR has been and continues to ride on its brand value built during the Ranbir Singh era. The college hardly made any real progress under FM and it’s questionable what SKDR will really do to improve that.
Well, NALSAR isn't actually better. If you look at the last 10 years or so, NALSAR hasn't been better in any field of achievement, be it moots, scholarships or graduate exams compared to its rival NLUs. But I think it comes down to general perception, especially for youngsters who are ignorant of nuances between top NLUs. They'll choose NALSAR based on the so-called order of establishment, or word of mouth from peers. And NALSAR seems more professionally run than NUJS.
Bruh nalsar’s domestic placement average is genuinely higher than Nujs.
which laureate decided that NUJS is declining, the placements are as healthy as ever, quality of teachers are again on the rise, it is expanding into new courses, winning moots

Seldon (not Sheldon) please tell us why you think NUJS is declining
NALSAR is NALSAR after all. Plus would definitely suggest to not leave a college like NUJS for GNLU. You have to spend 5 years in this degree, why leave this golden opportunity?
EXACTLY! Nalsar is nalsar afterll. He won’t be wasting a year for it. I say to go forward with Nujs now and then retake clat
Go to NUJS. See if you like the campus and your peers. If not retake clat 2024.
Good choice. I would have done the same thing. I would have sat for clat anyway tho
Nujs over gnlu every day. It is in the main city, and the profs are good. Surroundi gs are considerably safe too
Something similar came up about GNLU or drop year to retry for NLS in the past. A lot of good comments there. In a nutshell, take what you have in hand and work on it over the next five years.
A lot of comments there also supported to renter to NLS as well by retaking clat , the opinions are balanced
I would prefer NLUJ over GNLU and probably NUJS over NLUJ. Also keep in mind that the differences are minuscule and now all three have domicile reservations. Pros of NLUJ are good campus life but rigorous acads, at NUJS you have a limited campus life but considerable flexibility.
You're a ▮▮▮ if you prefer NLUJ over GNLU. GNLU has outperformed NLUJ in every aspect even in placements if we consider 2023. GNLU has a better mooting record, more Rhodes scholars, better campus, better food, lower fees and almost par faculty. On top of that if you want to pursue litigation GNLU even provides scholarships. NLUJ also has an unstable adminstration where as GNLU administration is thriving. Not to mention NLUJ focuses so much on academics that you barely get any time for extracurricular activities not to mention it's horrible for your mental health in general. So tell me why anybody would prefer NLUJ over GNLU?
Please compare the placement figures by batch size.

The ratio of students placed above 16LPA, is far better at NLUJ.
Rigorous acads aren't there at NLUJ, only nonsensical rules. Good faculty refuse to stay there for long for a reason.
Gotta be with the noojies with this one. nalsar is obviously thee best but please go with nujs as a backup for clat 2024
I am glad that LI is being rational for a change. Nujs will be a better backup than gnlu if the OP is approaching clat 2024
Reattempt is always better. If you want nalsar this bad , then work for it.
Been in the same boat. Changed nalsar from gnlu. Never regretted it for a sec. And no you don’t think about wasting years when it’s goddamn nalsar. Just attempt it again if you want it this bad
I love your passion. My advice is get into Nujs/gnlu and try for nalsar. I know a couple of my own batchmates coming from Nujs and joining NLS. It won’t hurt you
I don’t care about getting downvoted but maybe just settle into Nujs first and just attempt clat with a fresh mind. Getting NALSAR is very difficult and even more difficult than Nujs. You really won’t be wasting a year as you will be joining a college and clat is in 5 months
Clat is in 5momths. So your prep will take 7 months naturally less than the normal clat takes. So drop for these 5 months . Take Nujs and give clat again if you want. Nujs works just fine tho
Don’t drop* , take nujs and then reattempt clat , sorry for the typo
Absolutely , even 5 months is even a half-year drop. He will be just fine
You must be really passionate for nalsar to leave gnlu. However I won’t stop you. I have seen people doing that and they don’t regret it. You have around 5 months. Sit for it. You are not wasting an entire year just for clat and you are in Nujs while giving clat in 5 months. I say go for it 🏹
You won’t be downgrading if you pick gnlu over Nujs. That’s for sure. They both provide almost near to same opportunities now
Come on , I mean advise him to retake but don’t advise him to retake with gnlu. Ffs Nujs will always be better than gnlu at least for the next 4-6 years. He will be better off attempting clat 2024 with Nujs than GNLU
Err...no. Not that GNLU is a bad place by any metric. However, the difference in teaching, student achievements, alumni network is still quite apparent.
Considering GNLu has increased on their placements , I will say no. You won’t be downgrading. Giving clat again is entirely your decision. It won’t hurt much
Dude gnlu has climbed up the ladder quite well and doing just fine. So you won’t be disappointed choosing it over Nujs. Infact a lot of aspirants do that
No I will still suggest him or her to take Nujs and then give clat
Please mention the number of individuals who have done it in 2022, 2021 and 2020, along with their CLAT ranks. There is no need to indulge in unsubstantiated hyperbole.
I know a girl who left nalsar thru general for gnlu thru nri so yh its common. Gnlu is good!
Hi, OP here. After reading all the comments and talking with my peers and elders, I’ve decided that I will be sticking with NUJS for now but am strongly determined to write CLAT 2024 because I feel like with the less number of questions this year I’ll have a bit of an advantage over those attempting it for the first time. If I get NALSAR in 2024 then yayy otherwise I’ll still be at a T1 college anyways so I won’t be too stressed during the exam and will be able to perform better as well. I personally don’t think it makes a huge difference whether I graduate when I’m 22 or 23 so I’m willing to repeat a year when I get into my dream university. Thank you all for the advice :))
You made a correct decision here, but don’t be deceived by LegallyIndia comments. Many of them are Noojies and I say this with all seriousness because any thread with the mention of NUJS gets a lot of comments to make it seem like the college is the best or something. NUJS is not a bad place but it’s no longer a top 3. While it is still ahead of GNLU, looking to the future, it may not be as solid. Did you know or did the Noojies here mention that NUJS is increasing its batch size to 180 this year with a new BSc LLB? That will make placements and other opportunities even more tricky. GNLU also has around the same number of kids and could improve in times to come but they have shown they can handle a large batch size thanks to their infrastructure and funding support. But I agree that you should prefer NUJS over it and retake the CLAT.
reminds me of the quip made by the kid in the maruti advert

'ki kare placement hai hi bahot bariya' now imagine this in a Bengali accent

English translation: what to do if out placement is so good

we have to brag
What matters is what the OP is thinking. And he has made his decision. It’s a good one.The message has already been sent. OP made a wonderful decision and all the best to him
Sounds very disingenuous. If NUJS were that good, OP wouldn’t have even had a dilemma regarding NUJS v. GNLU.
OP doesn't know. He is a law aspirant. Apparently, you fail to understand that.
Perfectly balanced as all the things should be :). I would’ve suggested the same. Nujs is damn good and retaking with Nujs should not hurt anyone and definitely it’s a good choice.
Where do you even get such bitterness towards others? You need help. One can understand that you're frustrated, but try to channel it in useful directions or just seek that help.
The age should be the least of your concern rn. You are in Nujs. Study there. If you think that you will be able to crack nalsar , then go for it. Don’t ignore your acad at Nujs. Because question reduction from 150-120 has made the pattern more unpredictable and reasoning heavy. It’s a different ball game now.
Aaye good decision. Now go enjoy your time at Nujs , focus on acad there and use the remaining time for clat. All the best for Nujs and clat this December!
You are right. It doesn’t make a huge difference around the age you graduate. I am so glad that you are able to make a matured decision. Good luck for clat 2024.

I know one of my batchmates from Calcutta who was so homesick at Nalsar that he decided to sit for Nujs again. Now why am I telling you this? So that you don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get nalsar. Because already you are in the big league and Nujs is so effing good. It may have a small campus but the placements are bloody amazing! Sometimes even the best lol. So follow your passion , stick to nujs , retake clat and come to my college :). But don’t beat yourself up for it. Remember you have the world’s best backup and you have already won the battle. We have a great alumni base and we will do everything to help you out.

However , a word of caution - tread carefully. Remember with the pattern change , the paper will be more arbitrary (in terms of quality) and will challenge you every sec. But since you have already made into Nujs , savour the success and use your experience to crack it this year. All the best! Looking forward to meet you at nalsar next summer ❤️
Aaye congrats for making a decision. It’s a matured one. With Nujs as a backup , it will give you confidence to crack clat with flying colours and age should be the least of your concern lol
Thank god someone replied with their decision for a change. Else threads at LI are usually incomplete. A good decision. Make sure your grades are strong at Nujs and all the best for nalsar!
Good to see you so practical ❤️. A person cracked NLS by having nliu Bhopal and it’s this year only. So no worrriies
None of this matter, take NUJS kid, it's good, if you're really fascinated with college life and campus take GNLU.
dropping at this point of time, you'll feel regret after 5 years.
Loved how everyone is supportive of him trying for nalsar. I also support the same. My only advice is - take nujs and then reattempt clat. Maybe skip Gujarat for now
if you want corp job and willing to study hard = go nujs

if you dont want a corp job and want to go litigation or llm or anyother option = stay
Going to NUJS won't harm his chances for getting an LLM scholarship either. There are a lot of helpful alumni and certain faculty who will provide invaluable assistance. I myself have been the beneficiary of such help.
no it wont, but it will be useless to change colleges for that reason
Reattempting wont hurt. Nujs is also equally good tho. But hey nothing should stop you from reattempting if it’s for nalsar , beacusse that was your target. It’s you who needs to be comfortable , so for your conscience and confidence take nujs and start preparing for clat because Harley 5 months are left. All the best!
Unless your GF/ BF is in NALSAR, go to NUJS and be happy. Not much to differentiate between the two colleges.
Reattempt , don’t attach too much importance to the pressure around you. All the best! Good luck for nalsar
Stop wasting your time and settle with NUJS. Anything can happen in the next attempt, instead of CLAT prep, give your best at your current institution. 1 year of your life is very important.
Eh a lot of people do it. Plus he is already having a backup and clat is barely 5 months away. The plan is fail-proof.
That 1 or 2 years will be justified if it’s for nalsar. From Nujs it might be a stretch , but it won’t hurt changing college after all. It’s a good decision
You can stop wasting your time by giving unwarranted advice maybe
Ofc you should reattempt , if you want. Nujs is very good. One question - why do you want nalsar and not nls? Mocambo is offended
nls is obviously the best but their batch size is 240 rn (and will probably be increased to 300 next year) + for me, nalsar is closer to home and it’s something i’ve wanted badly for quite a few years now
If you’re from Telangana, you would have the domicile quota, no? That should guarantee you a seat at Nalsar with a NUJS rank.
From Telangana but lived elsewhere due to parents’ jobs hence no domicile lol if I had domicile my state rank would’ve been 2
Tough luck. All the best, then. Hope you land your dream college.
My point is - aim for a rank in NLS , that’s how you will get nalsar.
Good to see the OP being passionate and choosing to retake while being in nujs. All the best ❤️
Bhai itna halke mein mat lo. Clat hein yeh. And plus the pattern changed. That’s why it’s wise that you are keeping a backup. Cracking nalsar is not a child’s play. All the best for clat 2024!
All the best! Whatever you choose as a backup whether it’s Nujs or gnlu - you will be just fine. Balance acad and clat prep and you will do well. Wishing you all luck for nalsar! Crack it!
I know for a fact that this year only a person from nliu Bhopal cracked nlsiu by reattempting. Piyush Gupta AIR 8. If he can do it , you also can. All the very best!
Good to see that you are reattempting. Nujs is a good choice. Make sure you study well for clat 2024 as well.
study well for your first year wherever you decide, if you donot score well in your first year it will be difficult to raise the scores and be in the top 50% later
Good job retaking clat. Need more passionate aspirants like you. Nujs is very good no doubt. So go there and retake without any hesitation. And it’s not even a half year drop lol. It’s just 4-5 months. All the best!
A 8-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
At least this guy is giving genuine advice unlike you whose only motto is to….:well I don’t know , what exactly you are doing here again?
Aaaye this is some good advice. Dude I have seen you generally giving authentic advice at almost every thread. Guide me sometimes lol
Dude this guy , keeps my hopes up for LI. We need more people like you
A 30-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 49-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.