Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys, please update as and when you/ anyone you know receives a call/ updates on links/hsf apps!! it'll be really helpful, thnx!!
Max to max maybe NLS/NALSAR. Don’t expect interview calls after this
Well it’s an established fact anyway. It’s very difficult to score HSF interviews after NLS/NALSAR. However nlu Delhi is growing slowly by slowly in this sector
What rubbish! HSF have been offering jobs to every NUJS batch for years now. There are at least 10 people whom I know personally to be working there at present. NLUJ people are working there too. HSF in fact has always had a very good relationship with NUJS, which is why they even sponsor the moot.
The trolls here have started believing in their own lies now. Established fact indeed!
Since you don't get any calls from any recruiter at all, your words are completely irrelevant.
For those who don't know, no magic circle or city law firm goes to the campus of top 3-4 nlus to hire students. The students themselves apply for a training contract which is a process in itself. And these firms receive applications from all over the world including students from Harvard/Oxbridge/LSE/NYU/Yale. So they don't really care about the NLU tag. As long as the candidate has merit, and clears the process, he/she will get a TC.

So a person from any average college has as good a chance as someone from NLS/NALSAR.
Then show us someone from an average college who made into foreign law firms and are on an equal footing with candidates from NLS/NALSAR/Nujs. This should be contested. They don’t care about the tag to an extent. Why do you think in UK KCL has a much more magic circle recruitment compared to Manchester or Aberdeen?

The efforts are completely individual - yes Dyam true. But doesn’t mean they don’t look at your college at all. RCC won’t have much role here to play. But if what you said was true , then people from tier-2/tier-3 NLU would have possessed an equal shot. I am not insulting those college’s insecurity but actually putting up the reality. Recently Symbi Pune got offers but that’s not a regular thing for them. In fact it was after a very long time that they got offers from magic circle. Till GNLu one has a good chance of foreign law firms. When I was in a tier-3 nlu initially my seniors told me that β€œphoren woren bhul jao , domestic upma seh kaam chala lo”.
There are loads of examples, I just don't want to name them here on a public forum. And I know at least 2 people who are not from tier 1/2 Nlus, or even Jindal/Symbi Pune but still made it to magic circle firm. One is from GLC and another is from UPES. The point which most of you fail to see is that these firms are not going to any campus to recruit, and if you possess the merit, no one can stop you from getting a TC irrespective of your college.
That's partly accurate. Students do need to apply on their own. However, it is not true that the institution name doesn't play a role. It does. That doesn't mean people from lesser known places cannot ever make it if they are very good. However, being from a well known place helps. Moreover, if several of your alumni applied for or cracked the process, then you stand a better chance of receiving guidance from them.
Forget non nlus - even 16-17 nlus also haven’t seen the face of magic circle law firms. Substantial people tried but failed
Asmita Singhvi from JGLS in Herbert Smith Freehills London office. Few more JGLS grads in HSF, Linklaters, White & Case and many other London based law firms. This is not just about NLS/ Nalsar
Dude don’t justify your own insecurity by giving people false details. Tier-2/Tier-3 NLUs hardly get any TCs. NLS/NALSAR has a very solid record , Nujs is improving in this field very well and nlu Delhi has also been stable lately. I must also say that NLU-Jodhpur also has a good tier-1 magic circle experience. That makes this a tier-1 arena. I am not discrimination just spitting facts.
Good that this is contested. Someone from nlu Jodhpur will always have a better chance than someone from a tier-3 say - MNLU Nagpur
A 24-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.