Read 230 comments as:
Filter By
Analysis of NIRF 2023 rankings

https://www.nirfindia.org/2023/LawRanking.html

- NLU ranking is NLSIU>NLUD>NALSAR>NUJS>GNLU>NLIU>RGNUL>RMLNLU>NLU Ranchi>NLU Assam >NLUO. This is fine, except for the fact that NLUJ should be included and ranked below GNLU and above NLIU. Also, HNLU should be included and ranked below RMLNLU and above NLU Ranchi.

- NLSIU retains 100/100 perception rank for the 7th year running, as well as a very good faculty research score. This remains the biggest reason why NLSIU remains #1.

- The graduate outcomes (placements) score for NLSIU, NLUD, NALSAR and NUJS are almost the same., but the research and perception score much lower than NLSIU.

- NUJS has an extremely poor perception rank of 50/100, the lowest among all the major NLUs. But its placement score is above NLUD and NALSAR.

Thus, if any college wants to overtake NLSIU, it needs to need up faculty research and perception: essentially, do what Sudhir is doing by hiring well-qualified faculty.
The 2023 NIRF rankings are out. I am sure there will be plenty of comments and the usual trolling about it soon enough. I just wanted to leave behind a few observations from my side. For transparency's sake, I am an NLS grad myself (between 2016-2018, cannot be more specific in case someone I know comes across this), worked in a firm for a few years, did a foreign LLM, came back to work for a policy body, planning to do a PhD from abroad next and then return to Indian academia. As such, I have more than considerable interest in the Indian legal education sector, and I would really like to see the universities, especially the public ones, do well and their students prosper. I do not believe that grads from my alma are inherently superior in any way, though they do happen to enjoy a few advantages and privileges. So given that background, here goes my observations about the 2023 rankings. I have been a critique of NIRF and its methodology in the past, but it is still the reality that we have to deal with.

1. The top 4 are more or less without any surprise. I think most people other than trolls would agree with it at this stage.

2. NLUJ is an important omission in this year. Jindal is another, but they have so far stayed out of this as a matter of policy. NLUJ has participated in the past. One wonders why they could not or did not participate in this year.

3. NLS has shown significant improvement (2.5 points overall from last year). Their teaching learning resources and graduate outcomes have dropped a little, but there is a huge jump in research and publications. This is probably because of all the new hires and the new admin encouraging the faculty to publish more.

4. The perception ranking, always a subject of criticism directed at NIRF, does not disappoint this year either. There are many examples of this, but let us just consider a couple for now. NUJS' perception score has dropped hard to 50, which cannot be accounted for by any specific reason, since it has apparently done well in all other parameters, thereby mitigating the damage to the overall score. In fact, without the perception score, the overall scores of NLUD, NALSAR and NUJS across other parameters are 274.54, 271.91, and 272.79 respectively, so not really much to choose from these 3 yet. I would personally have favoured NLUD over the other 2 myself had I been joining law school now, but that is because I believe that an enterprising law student can make excellent use of the proximity to Delhi (SC, law firms etc.) and there is no harm in having better infra and hostel even if it is not essential to my studies. I honestly have not seen any qualitative difference between the grads of NLS, NALSAR, NLUD and NUJS in the industry or academia, but I don't want to get into that debate at all. Even without the perception score, the top 4 would have remained almost the same, with NUJS and NALSAR swapping their positions, that's all. What makes this perception score of NUJS completely ridiculous is that universities like Symbi and Christ have scored 65 and 61, and ILI Delhi has scored 74! I do not know how this score is calculated, because NIRF has never revealed objective details, but based on what they do reveal on their websites, academics prefer to join Symbi, Christ and ILI over NUJS and industry people prefer the grads of Christ, ILI and Symbi a lot over NUJS grads. Both of these, I can speak from experience, are bollocks! My own alma may have enough legacy achievements and current positive developments to merit a high perception score, but scoring 100/100 is really a bit too much. I really hope that NIRF would either scrap this parameter altogether or reveal objectively verifiable details about how it is calculated.

5. Jamia comes up two notches this year (7 to 5). This place has been doing steadily better in these rankings (got the 7th rank couple of times before, 8th and 9th once each). I honestly don't know much about the place, having met only a few grads from there, but if it can keep this up, then hopefully, its placement scene will improve eventually, which will be a good thing for the students.

6. I had hoped GNLU to have a better rank in this year, maybe within top 5, but it still does not seem to have figured out how to make that leap yet. It was doing well till 2021 (highest rank: 6), but lagged a little behind since then. This year it too has been hit by the perception monster though, scoring only 53 in that front.

7. Symbi is back to the middle of the top 10, after having a meteoric rise to 3 last year. As I mentioned earlier, its perception score is a bit of an enigma. It has one of the lowest research and publication scores though, should focus on it much more.

8. The enigmatic Siksha O Anusandhan still retains a top 10 position (in fact, it has improved its ranking from 9 to 8) and has a perception score that is not that far from NUJS or GNLU. I confess that I haven't met anyone from this place yet, only seen their ads. Which is what surprises me, given their rank.

9. IIT KGP has fallen from 6 to 9 this year, their teaching learning resources having taken a hit, which even an increased research score could not offset entirely.

10. The new entrant in the top 10 is Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow. Previously, it was a college, and had ranked the last in 2018 (10th) and 2019 (15th). Since then, it had not featured till this year. Again, I know a couple of grads from there who are into litigation, don't know much about the place.

11. KIIT, AMU, Saveetha, Sastra and LPU are featuring in the 11-16 zone, with the order having changed a little from last year. Christ comes up to 13 this year, with a robust perception score. BHU has dropped from 20 to 22.

12. NLIU Bhopal continues to languish, having dropped 3 places from last year (15 to 18) and barely remains within the top 20. Unfortunate to see one of the older NLUs gradually dropping through the ranks. A little surprising given their alumni base and decent placements. Their infra is not bad there, though location is a problem.

13. HNLU continues to remain out of the ranking, which one would have thought would change after VCV took over as the VC. They don't seem to be ready enough for this yet.

14. NLUO has slipped a few spots and just retained a rank within 30 (25 last year). NLUJA has dropped from 24 to 28 in this year, though I am not sure how it continues to remain ahead of NLUO (the teaching learning resources score is the only parameter in which it is ahead in this year).

15. RGNUL and RMLNLU both have slipped a few spots in this year, though remains within top 30. NUSRL has dropped from 22 to 24. NUALS still has not come back after 2021.

16. 3 new private universities have joined the fray in this year, Alliance from Bengaluru, Nirma from Gujarat, and Manipal from Jaipur. UPES, which was there at a respectable 21 rank last year, is not there at all in this year. Amity Gurgaon has come up from 27 last year to 23 in this year and Army Law Institute maintains the same 26th position.

17. The 3 MNLUs, CNLU, TNNLU, DSNLU, NLU Sonepat, NLU Tripura are still not here. The last 2 may be too new, but the others should have been around somewhere. At least CNLU, DSNLU have been around for long enough.

That's it from my side. These are all objective quant observations apart from my little rant about the perception score, which has got several quant points in support. I honestly don't care about the upvoting, downvoting or trolling. People may do any or all of those and/or comment/ troll to their hearts' content. So long as they take some interest in the legal education sector here. If I get time, I will publish a detailed analysis of all NIRF data over the last few years some day. Till then, cheers!
Hightime We Disregard NIRF Rankings? (IT IS USELESS)

The 2023 rankings are as follows:

1. National Law School of India University - Bengaluru, Karnataka

2. National Law University - New Delhi, Delhi

3. Nalsar University of Law - Hyderabad, Telangana

4. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences - Kolkata, West Bengal

5. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi - New Delhi, Delhi

6. Symbiosis Law School - Pune, Maharashtra

7. Gujarat National Law University - Gandhinagar, Gujarat

8. Siksha O Anusandhan - Bhubaneswar, Odisha

9. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur - Kharagpur, West Bengal

10. Babasheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University - Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

11. Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences - Chennai, Tamil Nadu

12. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology - Bhubaneswar, Odisha

13. Christ University - Bengaluru, Karnataka

14. Aligarh Muslim University - Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh

15. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy - Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

16. Lovely Professional University - Phagwara, Punjab

17. Indian Law Institute - New Delhi, Delhi

18. National Law Institute University - Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh

19. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - New Delhi, Delhi

20. The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law - Patiala, Punjab

21. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University - Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

22. Banaras Hindu University - Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh

23. Amity University Haryana - Gurugram, Haryana

24. National University of Study & Research in Law - Ranchi, Jharkhand

25. Alliance University - Bengaluru, Karnataka

26. Army Institute of Law, Sector-68 - Mohali, Punjab

27. Nirma University - Ahmedabad, Gujarat

28. National Law University and Judicial Academy - Kamrup, Assam

29. Manipal University Jaipur - Jaipur, Rajasthan

30. National Law University - Cuttack, Odisha

I can wrap my head around the frivolous contentions one might have with the ranking like NLUD>NALSAR/ Symbiosis>GNLU/ RGNUL>RMLNLU but this is RIDICULOUS. On further inspection, I came to realise that it's not as rigged as one might think.

The parameters:

1. Teaching, Learning & Resources (TLR):

- Student Strength including Doctoral Students (SS): Represents the total number of students enrolled in the institution, including doctoral students. It is calculated based on factors such as undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) student numbers.

- Faculty-student ratio with emphasis on permanent faculty (FSR): This ratio indicates the number of students per faculty member in the institution, with a focus on permanent faculty members.

- Combined metric for Faculty with Ph.D. (or equivalent) and Experience (FQE): This represents the combined score for faculty members who possess a Ph.D. degree or its equivalent and have relevant experience.

- Financial Resources and their Utilisation (FRU): Reflects the financial resources available to the institution and how effectively they are utilized.

2. Research and Professional Practice (RP):

- Combined metric for Publications (PU): Measures the number of research publications from the institution.

- Combined metric for Quality of Publications (QP): Evaluates the quality of the research publications, considering factors such as citations and impact.

- Footprint of Projects and Professional Practice (FPPP): Indicates the involvement of the institution in projects and professional practice.

3. Graduation Outcomes (GO):

- Combined metric for Placement and Higher Studies (GPH): Reflects the percentage of students placed in jobs or pursuing higher studies after graduation.

- Metric for University Examinations (GUE): Evaluates the performance of students in university examinations.

- Median Salary (GMS): Represents the median salary earned by graduates from the institution.

- Metric for Number of Ph.D. Students Graduated (GPHD): Measures the number of Ph.D. students successfully completing their degrees.

4. Outreach and Inclusivity (OI):

- Percentage of Students from Other States/Countries (Region Diversity RD): Represents the percentage of students enrolled from other states within the country or other countries.

- Percentage of Women (Women Diversity WD): Indicates the percentage of female students enrolled in the institution.

- Economically and Socially Challenged Students (ESCS): Evaluates the representation and support provided to economically and socially challenged students.

- Facilities for Physically Challenged Students (PCS): Reflects the availability of facilities and support for students with physical disabilities.

5. Perception (PR):

- Peer Perception: Employers & Academic Peers (PR): Represents the perception of the institution among employers and academic peers.

At first glance, you might not be able to discern the premeditated fallacies behind these rankings.

The truth lies in the calculations of these parameters, for example, SS would take into account the number of students enrolled under the Ph.D. course which would inherently put institutes that don't enroll higher Ph.D. candidates at a disadvantage as per the devised formula.

If we take a look at the weightage of FSR & FQE, we would find that it rewards more for the quantity of the faculty members rather than the quality of them. You can take FSR (30 marks) simply as a student-faculty ratio, while the FQE only takes into account those faculties that are Ph.D. + accounts for the experience they have. Some universities scored full on FSR but struggled to fetch even 10 marks in FQE.

ESCS which evaluates the representation and support provided to economically and socially challenged students is calculated on the basis of the percentage of UG students being provided FULL tuition fee reimbursement by the institution to pursue their degree programs. I mean- there are programmes in many NLUs/private unis where they award percentage scholarships for meritorious students coming from SC/ST category but this doesn't take it into account until and unless it is fully covered, I don't get why.

Coming to the PR (Peer Perception) scores, they are by far the most rigged aspect of the ranking. NUJS scored a humble 50.8, while Christ University and Indian law institute astonishingly scored 61.15 and 74.17 respectively. Apart from the Top 3, none of the universities managed to get close to Rizzed perception of these two institutes.

To sum it up, this is a pretty useless ranking with no real-world application, going by the metrics alone I wouldn't be surprised if an unknown university manages to beat NLS if it really wants to. And the most significant things that a student realistically looks upon are placements and scope for higher education which doesn't seem to be a priority here since it constitutes just 16.25% of all the parameters.

Note: All the statistics are verified from the official website itself and if someone wants to look into the formulas then he/she shall go to: https://www.nirfindia.org/nirfpdfcdn/2022/framework/Law.pdf

A good article I read on this issue last year by GS Bajpai: Rankings that make no sense - The Hindu
The 2023 nirf rankings for law Universities is out-

1.NLSIU

2.NLUD

3.NALSAR

4.NUJS

5.Jamia

NLUD continues to soar ahead of NALSAR. NALSAR and NUJS move a rank up because of the disappearance of Symbiosis from the rankings.Curious to see where NLUJ and GNLU will place.
Sparta! It's now going to be a war on LI - NLUD vs NALSAR vs NUJS, with GNLU and NLUJ waiting to enter at an appropriate time!

Orders popcorn on Swiggy
please stop comparing NLUD with NUJS or NALSAR

NLUD is better suited to be compared with GNLU or HNLU, as only those CLAT students who could have got into GNLU and HNLU seriously think of going to NLUD
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ if you're really at NALSAR/NUJS, you'll be well aware of multiple folks dropping those places for NLUD. Both of them have a domicile quota where students with much lower ranks enter. And NUJS even has a large-chunk of NRI-sponsored seats for backdoor entries for folks with much lower CLAT ranks.

On a serious note, GNLU/HNLU rank folks are no less competent. NLUD has done better regardless of the CLAT rank which shows that the institution is what makes the difference. Keep trolling, it doesn't matter whether our salary figures are 19 lacs or 1.9 lacs, we'll still be better than your law school.
That's because NLUD keeps the admission money before CLAT results are out. Get AILET to be conducted at the same time of CLAT first. As for your continuing claims about NLUD being ahead, only in your claims it is. Nowhere where it actually matters. It's a place of liars, for liars and by liars no matter how shameless trolls pretend otherwise.
The degree of chest-thumping and other forms of frustration is directly linked with the soaring graph of an institution in India. NLUD shines while the batch of disgruntled ( Rudalis)rises. This is a confirmed sign of the excellence of an institution.
" it doesn't matter whether our salary figures are 19 lacs or 1.9 lacs," what are you on bro? graduate outcome is the most important thing for an incoming student. Why would i spend 12 lakhs if I dont get the opportunity to get a decent job or career at the end. NLUD has been misquoting figures on graduate outcomes either recklessly or deliberately for as long as we have records, this needs to come to an end.
"Continues to soar ahead of Nalsar"...you are just highlighting what everyone on LI already knows. NLU D trolls just using these rankings to justify how they are ahead of Nalsar. When in reality even Symbi was ahead Nalsar last year. Both are prime examples of idiocity of these rankings.
Excuse me, what soaring? NLUD is ahead of NALSAR only by a whisker, compared to the gap between NLUD and NLS. Coupled with the aspersions cast on NLUD's data, in fact, its credit to NALSAR for getting back in the game. NUJS at fourth seems fair. Will not comment beyond that.
why do you think NUJS is worse than NLUD? pray enlighten us on the metric that you have used
similarities between NLUD and George Santos (the fabulist congressman from New York): Fake it till you make it and when confronted with unassailable proof of your lies - deny deny deny.
We should ask VC, NLUD to retract the FALSE INFO that they provided to NIRF
#FAKELUD has always lied:

As per data submitted to NIRF by NLUD, total number of students who opted for higher education in 15/16 batch was 26

https://www.nirfindia.org/nirfpdfcdn/2023/pdf/Law/IR-L-U-0111.pdf

As per their own internal memo (hosted on their own website), the data for that year was 8

https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/HigherStudies.pdf

#FAKELUD also double counts research income https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/Sponsored%20Research%20Details%20(1).pdf

and anyone who knows about #FAKELUD will tell you they never had 124 faculty members, the SMOKING GUN is here, as per the submission by NLUD available at https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/NIRF%20NLUD%202023.pdf

scroll down this explosive document and you will find Marc Galanter (aged 92) is listed as a visiting faculty member [although more points are added for permanent faculty members and contract faculty, any faculty listed also adds to it], there are over 15 names listed a visiting faculty who may have come and given a talk at NLUD sometime. There are over 30 researchers who are listed as teachers who have never taught. There are contractual teachers listed who have not taught at NLUD in the last three years. All done with a scheme to inflate numbers of teachers at #FAKELUD.

Students from #FAKELUD do not try to persuade your uni to remove the data from the website, I have made copies of it, if you manage to deactivate the links, I shall upload it and it shall live for ever on the internet.
Good thing the Mod has Atleast marked this as contested. Should be trollish too. Trying to get this trending, you idiot commentator? Your hashtag is crap and NLUD wonโ€™t give a s*it. Your arguments are all nonsense too. The higher studies list from the internal NLUD document is till 2015-16. The data submitted in NIRF is for 2021-22. And research funding is given for multiple years anyway so no issue in including that for future counting.

And all universities have included visiting faculty as part of their total number including NLS and NALSAR. The only valid criticism would be salary figures but even then, no one here has any data on how its calculated or the prescribed NIRF procedure for it (if there is one). All you clowns who are bashing NLUD should realise that NLUD has already ranked 2nd in NIRF for multiple years even before this salary issue, and back then our salaries were way more moderate. You can keep trying to pretend that your colleges are better and have some great integrity because theyโ€™re part of the useless CLAT but it wonโ€™t work because deep down you also know that regardless of NIRF, NLUD is a better institution than your NLU.
"The higher studies list from the internal NLUD document is till 2015-16. The data submitted in NIRF is for 2021-22."

If you can read, please have a look at the third table top row https://www.nirfindia.org/nirfpdfcdn/2023/pdf/Law/IR-L-U-0111.pdf you will find the discrepancy.

NLUD will put some prof. who had taken one session as a contractual employee and piggyback on their research laurels. Thus inflate its research output.

It is a well known fact in the NLU ecosystem that NLUD lies each year on NIRF Graduate salary, the question is how long would this lie last and hopefully only stupid students, who do no homework, would fall for it.

The problem with the research fund is also funny, the uni has got 2 year grant of 8.4 lakhs total, so ideally it should be counted 4.2 lakhs per year for NIRF, but you will find they have counted 8.4 lakhs for each of the two years.

what more proof do you need? hope you will believe that you have joined a uni where the authorities lie on government documents, hope you will not do so in the future
Read the document yourself first, you โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. It was the batch that graduated in 2015. The NIRF data is for the 2020 graduating batch. Youโ€™ve recovered an old document and are falsely shouting that NLUD lied about the numbers.

I know that you guys would love to โ€œpiggybackโ€ on one inaccurate data set to claim that everything else is false in the hope that some CLAT aspirant reads this and chooses a shit place like NUJS/Nalsar over NLUD, but like I said youโ€™re too stupid to actually get proper data on the table to argue.
I dont know whether it is wilful blindness or muleheadedness of NLUD students which stops from accepting that their uni submitted false data for this year as well. In the last post I had highlighted one section which shows that the admin made up data when they submitted it to NIRF. It was blatant because when they collated internal data (which were put on the internal server) the data says something else and when it is submitted to NIRF it says something completely different. If you want to look at this years data (2023) - I would just say two things 1) the 19lpa media salary for graduates at NLUD is a fantasy, some apologists tried taking the charitable view that it is average, but that is mathematically impossible. 2) NLUD has quoted that they have 124 teachers, the list on their internal severs shows how people who came for one lecture have been put as contractual and those who have never even come either in person or online in last couple of years have been put in as visiting professors.

So, unfortunately it is not one inaccurate data but a cascade of deliberately false info which have been finetuned over the past 6 years to give an inflated impression of NLUD.
The sheer force stupidity to keep citing an โ€œinternal documentโ€ which was published for the older batches many years before current NIRF data is just mind-boggling. The higher studies numbers are for a batch thatโ€™s older, check your source, that makes it clear enough. And it isnโ€™t even an internal document since it is publicly available on the website. Youโ€™re not some major leaker/investigator here.

Look man, youโ€™re clearly hard pressed against NLUD and want to take this opportunity to claim that all the data is fake but apart from the salary figures, thereโ€™s literally no other data you can prove which is certifiably inaccurate. You want to call out the salary issue, fair enough, I also feel that it needs revision, but the rest of what youโ€™ve cited are rubbish claims. And no, salary figures were very much accurate till the 2020 NIRF, so claiming that โ€œtheyโ€™ve always liedโ€ is hyperbolic and misleading.

And NIRF permits citing visiting and contractual faculty including research associate positions and from what I see, there is no inaccuracy there. Other NLUs also include contractual and visiting faculty in their lists, thatโ€™s not illegal so long as you donโ€™t wrongly classify a contractual one as permanent or something. And NLUD does in fact employ quite a few folks across its handful of research centres, maybe your college canโ€™t afford to do that.
NIRF only allows those contractual faculty members who work across two semesters to be classified so, if someone visits only for one semester or even for a single credit course then they need to be classified as visitor. Now please look at the submission made by NLUD https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/NIRF%20NLUD%202023.pdf

several people who did not come to NLUD even online last year have been mentioned as contractual
NIRF categorises batches on the year they gained admission, so 2015 batch is the one which graduated in 2020.
"The only valid criticism would be salary figures" at least you have the grace to admit some of the lies unlike your other classmates.

If you are in your first year, give CLAT and get out of the #FAKELUD

Jodhpur and Bhopal are better than #FAKELUD
Thanks, but Iโ€™ll stick around and take my chances, I think NLUD is better than all the rest. At the very least, it can get better, something the older law schools havenโ€™t. And whatโ€™s your deal with trying to bash NLUD with some senseless hashtag? You sound like a child rather than an actual constructive commentator on data. Then again, you are a troll. AILET failure still haunting you?
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ Apart from the trolls on this site, not a single news article anywhere else talks about any data issues. Although, I'll be the first to admit, the average pay will be only around Rs. 16 lacs for tier-1 NLUs.
I know people who have dropped out of Nujs in their second year for nlu Delhi. Stop this nonsense of yours. NLU-D is way better
But NLUD has always lied about placements from year one. So their ranking doesn't count. If that's one thing that they keep lying about, who will believe that their other data are accurate either? It's a liar's den and there's no use claiming that they don't care, since there are so many NLUD trolls who keep defending their university's lies here.
No proof of that. Under SKDโ€™s reign, it seems the salary figures have some miscalculation. Donโ€™t pretend like this is some story of the boy who cried wolf where now everything is an apparent lie. Clearly, your aim is not to have any actual debate but simply to bash NLUD since you failed to get through the entrance exam and had to settle for a perceptibly lower rung NLU.
1. salary has been 'miscalculated' this year as well. Well into the new regime. So cant blame bad actors or previous admin.

2. How does it matter if I study at Andaman Law College, it doesnt diminish the fact that NLUD has been caught out again on lying about the most important thing that matters to law students - graduate outcomes. Stop attacking the person and find out why your college needs to submit false data year fater year.
Every single year NLUD has lied about NIRF data. Have some shame instead of trying to justify it or worse, glorify it.
You're just jealous. Even if your university did lie, it won't get as high a rank as NLUD and you know it.
it has been proven that NLUD has lied about student salary, can you show a similar claim from any other uni, stop saying that other have lied. We have proved that NLUD lies you prove others lie as well.
I have a query, are the research publications counted for faculty members from the list above or are they submitted by the uni? Because if there is a system which cross checks from Scopus, wos etc. using the faculty list provided by the university then it would lead to incorrect info. The faculty list submitted by universities which include top notch visiting professors or visiting speakers will tend to skew the data. This needs to be looked into.
Man, stop pretending like youโ€™re some massive investigator of some serious scam. No one gives a shit except some butt hurt Noojies who think they would have been a top 3 if NLUD ranked lower. Reality check: itโ€™s never going to happen.
Why should NUJS students care about that? They already perform better than NLUD students in every front regardless of NIRF ranking.
NIRF is supposed to check the SCOPUS affiliation too, but who knows what they do in reality?
My respect for Prof. Bajpai went down a notch after this debacle. I am sure that an important document like NIRF submission would have gone through his desk. A cursory glance at some of the data would show that they are suspect. The graduate salary is obviously wrong (its neither median nor mean), the faculty numbers are over inflated. I have met Prof. Bajpai a few times and have always thought of him as an honourable person, I cannot believe he would sign off this document. Sir, you should do something to stop this disgrace.
Thank you for sharing the internal links from the NLUD website. https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/

I was going through the faculty list for the last three years, in 2021 and 2022, they have rightly put Prof. Galanter's age as 89 and 90, however this year, it suddenly went down to 77. I wonder what was going on through the mind of the person who was submitting the data for this year '91 seems too high, let us put it down to 77, seems like a nice number.' Apart from the audacity it takes to submit false data to government what also strikes me as criminally culpable is that NLUD might be piggybacking on the scopus publications of some of the 'visiting/contractual' people.
I have visited NLUD a few times and have always been impressed by the superb infrastructure, dedicated teachers, and excellent research environment. The students are at par with the top 5 NLUs and the top quarter in Jindal. Its thus sad to see it has to resort to submitting blatantly false and inflated data to seek external validation.
why is this marked contested? all links have been provided for verification, and the data is from NLUD's own website
NLUD once again submitted spurious data to NIRF

https://www.nirfindia.org/nirfpdfcdn/2023/pdf/Law/IR-L-U-0111.pdf

Please look at the median data for salary of students placement, NLUD claims that it has placed 59 students and the median salary is 19 lakhs pa. This would mean if we arrange the student salary in a descending order then the 30th student has got a salary of 19 lpa. Which also means that at least 30 students from NLUD have got a salary of 19 lpa. Look at publicly available data, NLUD has placed around 25 in tier 1 last year, and a couple of TCs. As we all know A0 in T1 firms (dependent on some negotiation and location) get around 16 lpa. So unless exceptional bonuses have already been awarded, this data is FALSE.

SO, NLUD CONTINUES ITS TRADITION OF LYING AND SUBMITTING FALSE INFO.
Donโ€™t get your panties in a bunch, man. Itโ€™s clear now that NLUD a seems to be calculating an average rather than a median. Batch of 22 had a lot of foreign TC offers and the batch size is much smaller too. Or maybe, NLUD graduates just get paid more.
NLUD has been making the same 'mistake' for the last three years

Lets call out a LIE when it is obvious
Or maybe, NLUD admin and students are just good at lying or bad at maths.
Even with an average it will not be possible to get to 19lpa

last year NLUD had 25 tier 1 recruitment at 16lpa, 4 TCs were given at ยฃ45k (for first year)

if we assume the rest at 10lpa, then the average comes to 15 lakhs

the only way the average will be 19lpa if there were a dozen TCs or if 50 students got 16lpa tier 1 recruitment, both of which did not happen.

So again it is proven that NLUD LIES ON NIRF
NLUD predicted that their students would get exceptional bonuses 6 months before it happened. We should get the person who submitted the NLUD data be made the minister of futures in goi
Nonsense! NLUD submitted honest and genuine data. Also, placements are just a small part of the overall assessment, so even if fake data was submitted it would not have made much of a difference.
it calls into the question the veracity of the other data submitted by them, especially the one on number of faculty members, I have a sneaking suspicion they have shown their temp staff members as permanent faculty, but cant prove as I dont have the exact break up.

Unlike the recruitment data on which NLUD has been LYING for the last THREE YEARS
Maybe. But Im sure other NLUs do the same thing. Itโ€™s just that you canโ€™t prove shit. You see the salary figures and think you can extrapolate to claim that all the data is fake. But hereโ€™s the truth about why you are even bothering commenting on this thread: Not because you care much for changing NIRF or improving data submissions, but simply because your NLU has ranked lower than NLUD for the past 6 years regardless.
So you have got no argument other than others must be doing the same thing or why is it that people are calling you out? Lol!
All i need to do is prove NLUD has submitted blatantly false data, if you have any other data try prove otherwise

https://www.nirfindia.org/nirfpdfcdn/2023/pdf/Law/IR-L-U-0111.pdf look at third table from top on page 1, look at row 1

median salary on NIRF docu is 18 lakhs, NLUD internal memo https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/Placement.pdf it is 12 lakhs

on the official documents the number of students who went for higher ed is 26, in the internal memo https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/nirf/HigherStudies.pdf it is 8
Wrong data. Like someone else also pointed out, the internal document is for the batches that passed out in the years 2015 and 2016, NIRF is for the batches of 2020 and 2021. You clearly canโ€™t read well and youโ€™re citing this data like some gospel.

You donโ€™t know that method that NLUD uses to calculate its median so and your alleged proof of that is also an outdated and different document. So, you havenโ€™t proved shit.

Moderator should make any comment from you as โ€œunverifiedโ€ and โ€œtrollishโ€.
First, when NIRF submission refers to 2015 batch they refer to those who entered in 2015 and graduated in 2020.

Second, the 2020 NIRF data was used to highlight the deliberate nature of lying on the part of NLUD. Their internal memo clearly stated something else and they submitted made up data to NIRF. 2020 was the last year when NLUD put raw data onto internal servers. So, we use 2020 data to make it easier for โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ to easily compare the difference between the truth (internal memo) and the falsehood (NIRF submission), no brains required.

Third, the method of calculating median does not change once it leaves the metro station and enters NLUD. Refer to one of the earlier comments where someone has shown step by step how to calculate median.

fourth, as for the 2023 NIRF submission, many commentators above have already shown how NLUD have again either deliberately or recklessly submitted false information. "1) the 19lpa media salary for graduates at NLUD is a fantasy, some apologists tried taking the charitable view that it is average, but that is mathematically impossible. 2) NLUD has quoted that they have 124 teachers, the list on their internal severs shows how people who came for one lecture have been put as contractual and those who have never even come either in person or online in last couple of years have been put in as visiting professors" I would add that even the research income and scopus citations for NLUD is suspect (given the inflated teacher list).
Why canโ€™t other law schools complain to the media and NIRF about it?
Because they have zero proof to prove any lies. Itโ€™s only the jealous haters here whoโ€™ll cite wrong documents as โ€œproofโ€.
Very true or maybe firms pay folks from NLU's more than non NLUs? Idk it used to be done, not sure if it's the practice now
LPU better than NLIU Bhopal in NIRF 2023 ๐Ÿคฃ

Well well well, see what we have here in the rankings:

https://www.nirfindia.org/2023/LawRanking.html
NIRF 2023 Rankings out: Your opinion?

1. 1 - National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
2. 2 - National Law University, New Delhi
3. 3 - Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad
4. 4 - The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
5. 5 - Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
6. 6 - Symbiosis Law School, Pune
7. 7 - Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
8. 8 - Siksha O Anushandhan, Bhubaneswar
9. 9 - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
10. 10 - Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow
Why did NLUD not have a better research score though? I read everywhere about their research centres and faculty quality and the stellar work that they are doing.
because its all smoke and mirrors

even their flagship death penalty project had input from different NLUs โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Why is the biased moderator using such a headline, instead of a neutral headline like NIRF ranking out?
I agree with most of your points and observations but a closer look at the various indices for each factor of ranking would show how a college could increase its score in the NIRF with the right kind of data output. For instance, student strength, in absolute numbers that too, is one of the factors for a higher TLR score which may benefit some universities that have a large student intake like SLS-P, and in the near future, NLSIU.

Even in the criteria of Outreach and Inclusivity, one factor for calculation is the number of students from outside the state in which the university is located. A place like NLIU Bhopal has just 25 All-India merit seats out of 130+ seats with large reservations for MP domicile ST/SC, and OBC/EWS. They even have some 20-odd NRI seats but their general category non-domicile intake is abysmally low. Combine that with an administration that is not even proactive despite NLIU's large alumni base and achievements, and it's not surprising to see it ranked low. Even in CLAT preferences, it was at one point on par with NUJS for many aspirants and now it's fallen behind GNLU. If MNLU Mumbai were any good, NLIU would fall below that as well, it appears.

Also, while the perception score is definitely iffy and always has been (last year SLS had 100 perception score while NLS didn't), it does have the least weightage in the overall scoring. That's probably why NUJS wasn't hit much by it. Not that anyone in their right mind will perceive SLS or Christ as better over NUJS.

Also, a college staying out of NIRF is not helping it. I expected this from JGLS since a poor NIRF rank can easily demolish its claims as being equal to the tier-1 public law schools based on that QS ranking, but places like MNLU Mumbai, HNLU and now NLUJ should ideally always participate in a government ranking. Prospective students deserve the transparency. Even with NLUD, there are rightful concerns regarding its salary calculation even though placement numbers have been getting better. But atleast revealing that to the public will ensure there may be change in the future due to criticism/feedback. Places like HNLU which are nearly 20 years old and have had multiple batches graduate have no reason to stay out of such rankings beyond a fear of embarrassment if they are ranked low.
It's now officially confirmed for the umpteenth time that NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR are the Big 3 NLUs. That NUJS is not Big 3. At best it is #1 among the tier 2 colleges. Even then NUJS people will not admit defeat, harking back to old VCs like Menon, Chimni and MP Singh, and pointing to law firm placements. When will these people understand that:

- History doesn't matter.

- Law firm placements are only one of many aspects of NIRF. Faculty research and teaching (both of which depend on faculty quality) also matters.

- Perception also matters and the university has undoubtedly dipped in perception since the TMC came to power and the governing bodies are riddled with mediocre TMC people. The Left front appointed very eminent people from all over India in the governing bodies. Such people are absent from the governing bodies today.
Err...other than perception score, NUJS has actually performed equally or better in all other parameters including the ones that you mentioned, compared to NALSAR or NLUD. In fact, as has been mentioned by someone else, NUJS' score in all other parameters combined is actually more than NALSAR, and only just behind NLUD. So keep your propaganda to yourself.
Dude, in faculty research and teaching, NUJS has actually scored more than NLUD and NALSAR. Did you even check the rankings? Quit trolling.
Big 3? What Big 3? And only a defeated troll like you would ask others to admit defeat when they are doing well in their own right, just like NUJS and its students have been all these years despite all the hate. Check the actual scores, it is firmly in the same space as NLUD or NALSAR. The spurious perception score does not matter. And this despite NLUD's regular lies and false stats.
Maybe the rankings are flawed, but only beyond the top three. The top three is absolutely accurate, i.e. NLSIU>NLUD>NALSAR. In the end, this is what matters. Like the Olympics, only Gold, Silver and Bronze matters. No one cares if the #8 participant was actually #6 due to a totalling error.
Like the Olympics, only the first, second and third comments matter here. Yours is way late and completely useless.
I think Jindal's strategy will be to rank in QS for 10 years in a row and then join NIRF. That way, it's bound to get a top 5 rank.
IMO, Jindal will never participate in NIRF rankings. They needn't because the crowd attending JGLS is not bothered about NIRF rankings. They are in a different world whether the commentators on LI like it or not.
The proper ranking should be:

1. NLSIU

2. NALSAR

3. NLUD

4. NUJS

5. GNLU

6. NLUJ

7. NLIU

8. RGNLU

9. RMLNLU

10. HNLU
anyone who has a CLAT rank of less than 1000 would never goto NLUD, it is thus absurd that in the student perception NLUD is above Jodhpur or Bhopal.

NLUD is not in the top 5 unis in the contemplation of any law aspirant
Clearly, youโ€™ve never been to NLUD. I get it, you didnโ€™t get in through the AILET. Had a rough day and disappointed your parents. But atleast have the humility to accept superiority when you see it and feel it.
ask your uni to be part of clat and then let the aspirants decide where they want to put nlud in their preference.

you are deliberately fomenting a false comparison, you play in a pen of 1, while other NLUs have a true discovery mechanism of preference ranks through the clat counselling system. It is like comparing a monopoly (AILET) with true competitive market (CLAT). There can never be a true price discovery (preference) in a monopoly.
You can believe that ridiculous analogy if that helps you sleep at night. But an easy cross-checking of the CLAT and AILET merit lists will reveal that most students who get anything below NALSAR drop it for NLUD, and nowadays more NLS and NALSAR rankers are also dropping for NLUD. That's just a fact, NLUD doesn't have to join CLAT to show that.
show me 10 students from any batch who had clat rank of less than 300 and chose to join NLUD and I shall believe forever the superiority of NLUD

It is not possible for you to do so, only those from 500+ CLAT rank seriously consider dropping GNLU+ and going to NLUD
Fake claim again. Youโ€™re making it more and more clear about your insecurity of not having cracked AILET. 90% folks here are in the top 200-300 ranks of CLAT in the general category. Most people these days get a minimum of NALSAR/NUJS. Since youโ€™re the one whoโ€™s claiming that nonsense, you should be showing proof. Iโ€™ve actually studied at NLUD unlike you and can testify that itโ€™s a way better place than wherever youโ€™ve studied from.

Donโ€™t even get me started on the top CLAT rankers that get shit marks in AILET and canโ€™t even get near one of merit lists here.
LOL. 10 students only? Then, you may as well bow down to NLUD superiority right now and for the rest of your life. Check the merit lists even from even 10 years back and youโ€™ll find more than 20-30 people getting such CLAT ranks and joining NLUD. That number has only increased with NLUD getting even better.

Iโ€™m not going to prove anything to you since youโ€™re the one making deliberately false claims. But know this, you never had a chance to get into NLUD regardless. Enjoy your tier-3 law school.
we have come across NLUD #FLATEARTHER

who will only claim when proof is demanded
I know you need a coping mechanism, but this kind of comment won't change the fact that you failed to crack AILET. It also flies in the fact of obvious proof that most students who get into NLUD through AILET drop their CLAT ranks (except maybe NLS) for NLUD.

Moderator should have some sense to mark this as "trollish" and preferably not even publish this kind of garbage.
Nobody drops their CLAT ranks because NLUD takes admission money before CLAT just to.ensure that students cannot then withdraw or lose money.
were you a clat ranker? were you getting into NALSAR/NUJS? and then dropped them to get into NLUD?
Yes, I was. And this was before NIRF, and guess what, I was proven right. NLUD is better.
Good. So you know your info is not that credible. Maybe the batches after your batch worked hard - thatโ€™s why we scored 100/100. Itโ€™s okay , we have proven we are better
NLUJ didnโ€™t participate this year is what it seems from the list of participating universities.
Good analysis, I have to admit. The other T1 NLUs can match/overtake the 'Harvard of the East'. Arduous, yes, but not impossible!
What surprised me was the score of NUJS in the research department, it had a better score than both NLUD and NALSAR.

If only it improved its perception score Because in other departments it's almost on par with the top 3.

The vagueness of the perception criteria is very damaging to the legitimacy of the nirf rankings and i hope we get some clear idea about how they determine it.

As someone in the comments mentioned how ignoring the perception parameter will bring NUJS to the 3rd spot.
In the last 3-4 years, the NUJS administration, despite its many faults, has actually been encouraging faculty to conduct research, get projects and publish, including having monetary incentives for publications. There are a few faculty there who regularly publish a lot, collaborate with other institutions including foreign universities and international bodies, and have got decent citation records too. Which is good in the long run.
NLUD and its practice of submitting false data continues for another year. No shit they have the median placements of 19 lakhs. 30/59 students getting 19 lakhs, ie. Tier 1 placements?

If it wasn't for their blatant lying they would certainly be below NALSAR, even nujs for that matter. Nirf really needs to avoid taking in inflated placement reports.
Maybe below NALSAR, yes, since the difference is so close. But look at the scores, NUJS is almost 4 points behind, so, NLUD wouldn't be below NUJS at all.
Take away that bogus perception score, then NLUD is less than 2 points ahead of NUJS in all other parameters despite having submitted fake data.
Take away all the scores then and letโ€™s just believe the Noojies who claim that they are still top 3. And I like how Noojies despite having a non-existent research environment and having bashed NIRF in the past, are now claiming that the NIRF research scores are accurate and reflective of the research culture at the university.
Don't believe what the NUJS students are saying. You, however, have been claiming NLUD's superiority over the years because of NIRF only, so why are you disbelieving the data now? Or does it hurt to know that your research score when checked by outsiders is actually pretty low, contrary to what you have been claiming?
Not really. NLUD never took part in rankings before NIRF since till that point very few batches had passed out. Even then, it was considered to be one of the best. NIRF merely certifies it, but even without NIRF, NLUD is a top 3, if not top 2.
NLUD has lied on the faculty numbers (and perhaps on faculty publications) as well.
The quant gurus on this website who took up law because they all sucked at maths in school will now suddenly pretend as if NLUD is lying about everything because of some cheap commentator who canโ€™t even verify the data properly. The problem with you suckers is that you canโ€™t even prove the kind of data that your college is submitting, but you look at the salary and assume it as true. I get that you have gripes against NLUD since you flunked AILET, but why donโ€™t you actually put proper facts regarding the data revealed by places like NUJS and others. NUJS research output is pretty garbage and the fact that itโ€™s ranked ahead of 2 better NLUs means there are suspect data inputs even there.

And SKD was NLUD VC when NLUDโ€™s salary figures seemed inflated, no doubt he did some other fudging to get NALSAR back to third. Itโ€™s just that you guys canโ€™t verify anything but want to have an opinion about a college you canโ€™t get admission into. Grow up.
Nirf and it's scammy perception score. Didn't symbiosis get a 100 last year in its perception score, why is it down to 65 all of sudden? Also as much flak as NUJS gets its perception score of 50 makes zero sense, the score was 62 in 2022 and 73 in 2021 which was higher than NALSAR and on par NLUD. The place seems to be doing well in all criterias yet it's perception scores keeps falling.
OP (and likes of OP) can I ask you again why are you excited about NIRF? Are you an NLU D or Savitrabai Phule student who finds false solace in the rankings? I mean last year Symbi and NLU D were rated ahead of Nalsar and Kharagpur ahead of GNLU. The aberrations are too many to point out. Any one with an iota of IQ will not quote Nirf law rankings anywhere.
Since you have commented in this thread, where does that leave your IQ to?
NLUD has always gained solace from NIRF rankings and AILET swindle-money.
And yet everyone quotes it and argues over it. Much like NALSAR, you can keep denying NIRF but it matters and it is the best bet we have for a proper ranking in the future as well.
If best bet involves unverified data, then it's better to quit gambling.
With so much time at your hand you definitely don't look like the foreign return NLS grad that you are claiming to be. Your analysis seems like any other NLUD guy backhandedly trying to justify the rankings. How can an intelligent guy such as yourself (caliming to be) spend so much time on a ranking that except the NLU D students everyone considers a sham. When year after year colleges have been submitting fake and inflated data? This is sad.
He has just mentioned quantitative data, not given his own opinion about which NLU is good or bad. If you believe that the rankings are so useless, which you have a right to, then why even comment in a thread about them? He has given a disclaimer in the beginning about him having reservations about the rankings themselves. Your argument is like saying if you don't like the political party in charge, then you should stop taking an interest in how the country is being run.
" If you believe that the rankings are so useless, which you have a right to, then why even comment in a thread about them? " THAT IS THE EXACT TIME TO EXPOSE THESE RANKINGS AND COMMENT ABOUT THEM.
Wow, such sour grapes towards NLUD even though the guy is an anonymous commentator who actually has an informed opinion. All jokes aside, itโ€™s clear that you had a bad day at AILET and and are jealous of NLUD. Whether itโ€™s 2nd or 3rd hardly matters to me, but itโ€™s good to see NLUD doing well regardless of NIRF just to keep stuffing more sour grapes down your throat. Keep complaining, loser.
NLS has been bragging about itโ€™s NIRF rank for the past couple of days. I know you want to pretend NIRF is shit since your college ranked low but grow up. NIRF is the ONLY authentic ranking in India at the moment and all relevant colleges from IITs to IIMs to top NLUs care about it.
AILET bottler detected. Clearly, you failed to crack the college and feel cheated of your money and a self-serving ego boost. The original comment is hardly even about NLUD, but you've chosen to focus just on the one mention of the college. It's actually the petty and jealous hate from other NLU grads that continues to keep NLUD relevant. You can try all you want to change NLUD's perception before this lame audience of LI trolls but everyone who is relevant knows how good NLUD is and also that very few folks will ever have the opportunity to study there, regardless of NIRF. Don't pretend like you actually got in recently and chose some lower rung college like NUJS.

NALSAR and NUJS grads think that they would be second or third if it weren't for salary figures but they seem to have conveniently forgotten how NLUD was ranking ahead of them since 2018 when salary figures were not seemingly inflated. Point being, you guys want to people to stop taking NIRF seriously, then don't comment on it. But you can't help yourself and you clothe your trolling as some call for fairness and transparency. The fact that all the top 4 NLUs have tweeted and bragged about their NIRF ranks is evidence enough that NIRF matters and that NLUD is easily part of the tier-1 list (if not ahead due to the fact that it's the only actual "national" university situated in the country's capital in that list) regardless of your jealousy towards its rise.
Please don't start pretending that NLUD hasn't always been lying about salary figures because they have been. Keep calling other NLUs lower rung if that helps you deflect attention from your lies. The students from those places outperform you everywhere anyway. According to NIRF data itself, their faculty do too now.
Outperform in what exactly? UPSC, moots, debating, ADR, LLM admits, judiciary, other graduate exams like CAT/GMAT? Apart from some extra numbers in tier-2 corporate placements, other NLUs donโ€™t outperform us in anything else. Youโ€™re just fooling yourself by believing that.
Sorry, donโ€™t pretend that NLUD has been lying because until NIRF 2020, salary figures were more modest than other tier-1 NLUs too. You can also stop pretending that one miscalculated data on NIRF makes the whole college bad too, when you know that thatโ€™s simply not true.
Showing Non-NLUs their true place. SLS Folks bow down to our supreme NLU dominance, its the unassailable truth. No one can ever compare.
NLUs are just way to superior. No matter what you say, you know the truth- mediocres at SLS can never come close.
Nujs getting a perception score of 50 is so funny to me, sound bullshit but it brings me this odd sense of comfort.
Why? Seems justified to me. Good perception comes from good admin, good infra, good faculty and good communication of achievements (the NUJS website was effectively out of date for 8-9 years under Ishwara Bhat and the temporary VC after him, and even now the website is ugly and lacks information).
At least all the info provided is accurate, which is less than what can be said about NLUD, which lists occasional lecturers abs researchers as faculty and lies about placement data. As for perception, you keep trying to claim that NUJS' low perception score is not because of NIRF manipulation or faulty methodology. But then, you have to tell everyone whom you know to go Siksha O Anusandhan since its perception score is higher.
Doubt it. You canโ€™t prove any data submitted by NUJS for the NIRF. The only argument that all you guys have is based on some salary figures. Fair enough, but itโ€™s pretty pathetic since your real agenda is to feel superior by having your NLU get a higher rank. I highly doubt a place like NUJS that gets next to no funding from the govt, has pretty crap faculty, and has never had much of research culture, can actually score more than NLUD or Nalsar.
The NUJS faculty are better than NLUD faculty at present. Even the NIRF data says so. Including their research and publication score.
Blatantly false. NLUD's TLR score is much higher than NUJS which is where the faculty qualifications are actually calculated. I get that the Bengali pride won't allow Noojies to feel inferior to anyone else, but atleast don't distort facts.
Dude, it's the faculty publication and research score that's counted. The only other qualification is about how many teachers have PhD. Please don't embarrass yourself by parading your ignorance in this manner. And NUJS has a much better faculty publication score in this year than NLUD, that's a fact. Just like previously NLUD had a better score. Have some grace in accepting your limitations.
Give it a rest, having random publications in some scam journals is hardly worth breaking one's back over. That's a lot like JGLS. While NLUD's research work is known across the country including the government, NUJS hardly has any relevancy as far as research or publications go. How many students from other law schools actually work full-time at NUJS' research centres? NLUD provides employment to quite a few from nearly every other NLU including NUJS grads.
A 28-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
CHRIST's reputation is not rizzled atleast for the main campus at Bangalore. We have achievements and placements that rival T1 NLU's. The final stats for this year's RCC are 86 placements

121 internships/paralegalships. No tier 1 nlu comes even close to this. We currently have the batch size that NLS is expadning to get and getting a huge number does boost perception. CHRIST Bangalore also has the Shardul and Bharati Shroff Gold Medal for best outgoing student.
The only ranking that matters is the ranking of law aspirants. That ranking is:

NLSIU

NALSAR

NLUD

NUJS

GNLU

JGLS

NLUJ

NLIU

MNLU

RGNUL/RMLNLU (at par)
Nope. In law aspirants ranking, NLUD doesn't count at all. Many people who give CLAT don't even sit for AILET.
You didnโ€™t appear for it since you never had a chance to clear it anyway.
For those with long memories this has the same vibe of the year when NALSAR bought a double page ad on India Today and came first in the ranking.

#NIRFCHOR NLUD has learnt well from the original messiah
Why is the moderator allowing NLUD to be called slanderous names like โ€œNIRF CHORโ€? Is the moderator from a law school called National University of Jealous Students?

For info, NLUD did not submit fake data. Donโ€™t even get me started on the lies said by you people.
Are you saying that because NUJS students have a history of unearthing and calling out falsehood, whereas NLUD students have a history of enabling the lies and swindling of their institution?
You mean Noojies calling out the mishaps in their administration some 10 years after it all happened? Hardly effective. Even with a so-called active SJA, NUJS grads didn't even properly challenge their domicile quota before the High Court. NLUD folks have actually done and achieved all that.
A 25-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
Just because noojies are more in number here , that canโ€™t make their point true , can it now?
Just because you're an NLUD troll, you cannot expect to be taken seriously, can you?
A 18-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
Moderator, you must remove this shameful thread title. Why are you singling out NLUD? So many NLUs lied to NIRF.
The sub-thread that was combined into this thread had this title, it's not a singling out...
Give evidence of other NLUs having submitted fake data. NLUD has been shown to do it every year. To the extent that nobody should trust any data that it releases at all at this stage.
Aww... This isn't even whataboutery, but plain and simple lying to deflect focus. You have no facts to support your allegation.
The comments against NLUD are just the product of jealousy, nothing else. You all know very well that perception score is a part of all rankings. QS also has it. It can't be helped if your college has bad PR and publicity. A college cancels the governor of a state (now the vice president of India) and expects good PR and publicity???
A 8-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

Regardless of what you people write, the fact remains that NLUD is still one of the best. Itโ€™s the only college without some local domicile quota unlike NLS, NALSAR and NUJS. Itโ€™s located in the capital and set up by the NCT of Delhi, which is not some ordinary state like the others. Itโ€™s the only college capable of sustaining itself separated from CLAT, besides NLS. So itโ€™s in a league of its own.

And weโ€™ve ranked high in NIRF even when placements werenโ€™t as high so claiming that your cheap NLU would be 2nd or 3rd if not for NLUD is just wishful and desperate. If anything, it was from SKDโ€™s time that salary figures got inflated, but be assured weโ€™d still be 2nd even with 16 lacs p.a.
but even this year (2023) fake data (on graduate salary and faculty list) were submitted to NIRF, you cant blame SKD for this years data
NIRF data for this year would also have been submitted before December 2022 before the new VC joined. SKD is still listed as VC on the data sheet.
"Itโ€™s the only college capable of sustaining itself separated from CLAT"

I guess you are too young to remember that 12-13 years ago (before CLAT) all NLUs (which were operational then) had their own entrance exam and all of them were thriving. Then a concerted effort by students and a couple of NGOs led to the creation of CLAT after a court order.

NLUD was being created around this time and Ranveer Singh was the first VC. He calculated that it would be helpful to have a different exam as NLUD was unknown at the time and it would have ranked no. 8 or 9 in the preference list of the students if it was to be part of CLAT (as we have seen the initial ranks get ossified and rarely changes massively). Also, AILET gave a nice boost to income for the uni, he also publicly declared at the time that all NLUs had profited from their own entrance exam in the formative years to build a corpus and that chance should not be taken away from NLUD.

Shamnad Basheer decided that NLUD should be make party to the order and he was pursuing it around 2012, but other events took place and this was never pursued, and AILET survived.

Even last year when NLUD participated in the CLAT meeting as an observer there was a consensus that they might join in 2023 but it seems that talks failed recently and Bajpai decided to forge it alone. Two things happened 1) FM was ejected from the CLAT scene, 2) In Bajpai, NLUD has found someone who has excellent network to resist the pressures from CLAT consortium

So, it is more due to a series of coincidences and the continued greed of NLUD admin that AILET has survived, rather than any other factors. Although we may also argue that there is a continued fear amongst the NLUD stakeholders that the CLAT aspirants may put it after NLIU/NLUJ and that would be disastrous for the image cultivated by NLUD.
A 9-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
@AshReh can you please dig a bit deeper into the perception thingy, how is it comiled and calculated etc.
A 36-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 65-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
Why is this marked trollish? Time after time NIRF has confirmed the top 3 ranking. It's the official govt ranking. Will you now mark the Modi govt as trollish, Mr Moderator?
Official ranking that doesn't check or verify any data submitted, which allows NLUD to submit fake data every year shamelessly.
A 11-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 39-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 42-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
QS is the only ranking taken seriously worldwide and that confirms NLSIU and JGLS as the 2 beat law schools in India. So I would say these 2 are tier 1.
There is truth in what you have said. But it's not historically informed. Before CLAT, there were hardly many aspirants for places beyond NLS, NALSAR and NUJS. Less than 2000-odd folks even for places like NLUJ and NLIU. And even there, most applicants were from within that particular state, like WB for NUJS. So, yeah, they could sustain themselves, but that was more out of compulsion than choice.

And having its own entrance was necessary since most students select the CLAT preferences based on the order/year of establishment. When I took the CLAT, there were many folks who preferred NLIU over NUJS and that was visible even in the merit and allotment lists. NLUD persists with AILET because there is a valid presumption that some uninformed aspirants who tend to seriously choose their law school only after getting a rank, will initially mark preferences based on year of establishment as it appears on the CLAT website, and then NLUD, would be 12th or something since it was formed even after NUALS. This is obviously unfair considering NLUD is way better than nearly all older NLUs.

And I highly doubt that if NLUD joined CLAT, many people would prefer NLIU/NLUJ over it and that this is what scares the admin. Not that the latter two are any worse, but that simply isn't a major concern. Most people who have a choice between NLUD and the other two choose NLUD. Check the AILET allotment for the previous years with names, if you're so keen. And even this year, some 3 folks in the top 100 ranks preferred NLUJ over NLS, does that destroy the image of NLS? I think since NLUD has the ambition to eventually overtake even NLS, they want to avoid a clash of preferences with NLS and NALSAR, and AILET helps to maintain that image. Also, for someone who might have an off-day in CLAT and can't land a top 3/4, an AILET rank could ensure s/he atleast has a good law school to choose from rather than being forced to settle for a tier-2 NLU.

I also don't agree with this whole idea of greed. It's a public institution that pays based on UGC scales and in the past was well-funded by the Delhi government. Holding an entrance exam across the country in various cities, setting a high-standard question paper and ensuring proper invigilation, etc, all costs a lot of money. And for students that do get into NLUD, the admin provides fee waivers based on need, funds all the travel expenses for international/national competitions and the research centres even pay interns. Hell, there's even spilt A/Cs in all the hostel rooms.

Even if NLUD does join the CLAT in the future, I don't think it will suffer much in terms of quality of students, and ideally will be a 2nd or 3rd preference for most.
Please don't pass of fake data as real, leave that to NLUD. Who told you that only Bengal people used to apply for NUJS before CLAT? What rubbish! Completely devoid of any reality. As for your justification of AILET, that's laughable. Shows the standard of NLUD trolls.
Sad that even a reasonable comment will make the NLUD haters think I'm a troll. And I haven't even spoken about any data issues as far as NIRF goes, so obviously you're still sour about NIRF from some other comments. Fair enough, but your response lacks any substance.

It's a known fact that the then WB CM created NUJS since he was impressed by the progress of NLS and saw that many Bengali students were leaving WB for NLS, and he wanted to retain the talent. That's why he invited Madhava Menon to establish NUJS. I never said that only Bengalis applied to NUJS but even if you look at the names of some of their earlier alumni, a large number of them are Bengalis.

It's obviously more simplistic for your charlatan minds to claim that AILET is only a cash-grabbing scheme but that's not the only reason for AILET. When a university provides high quality academic exposure which only a few other CLAT NLUs even provide, I see no reason why they need to group themselves with mediocrity. In the past, before the Consortium came into being, CLAT was always slammed as a poorly conducted, random exam that always had scams (from paper leaks to syllabus changes to technical snags) nearly every year. And even during the Consortium era, let's not forget the NLAT fiasco. Were it not for the Supreme Court, it's likely that even NLS would've exited CLAT.
In the first 10 batches of NUJS, majority have always been non-Bengalis. That's a fact.

None of the other reasons you mentioned yo justify AILET is convincing or objective. As for NLSIU, they didn't hold NLAT after that, right? All NLUs are free to exit CLAT now, but they didn't. Only NLUD remains outside. That's because of greed, simple.
"there were hardly many aspirants for places beyond NLS, NALSAR and NUJS"

I was part of the entrance exam of a place which would be considered upper tier 2 today, this was the year just before CLAT, we had around 7500 students take the exam. Once we joined CLAT our total income went down by half, although we had many more examinees, but the number of institutions sharing the pie meant the amount per uni went down.

What many do not know there were some institutions which threatened to walk out of CLAT after the first year because the money was paltry in comparison to what was being garnered by individual exams. There was a two tier system proposed, but the lower ranked institution threatened to remove themselves and cooler heads prevailed and the CLAT chugged on.

So, it is very much a fact that NLUD persists with AILET for financial gain. The margin is close is 75%. If you pursue the financial statements of NLUD, which are publicly available, you can easily find it.

The number of students who get assistance at NLUD is listed on NIRF it is no more than all other similarly placed NLUs. I am sure the uni does not absorb the electric bill from AC hostels. But I must say the food at NLUD mess is v good.
Are you referring to RML or HNLU? Because even for NLIU, itโ€™s exam was conducted by the MP State Examination Board for a long time. Anyway, I take your point, money is fairly enough one of the main considerations for AILET.