Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
I took drop for CLAT 23, i fucked up and now i am out of options. didnt get into ILS, GLC. I have SLS as option but the fees is too much, I take education loan work your ass off and make it worth, i have no problem with that I'll do it. I would work my ass off and get decent placement. But the things is it all seems simple on theory, what if I feel out of place in SLSP what if they all judge me for not having money, i would have 0 connection, student loans. I am also thinking of giving CLAT 24 alongside college, idk if ill crack it i just want to give it. please dont troll im already on verge of mental breakdown but please help me out.
In my view, you should treat this as a blessing in disguise and (if you are religious) a message from god. I think you should forget about law and go for some other course, followed by an MBA. This could open exciting doors for you and maybe even help you go abroad. If you are not good in maths, you can go for a BA in hotel management. In fact, very mediocre students from my school are today working in management positions in Europe and Dubai, with prestigious companies like the Hilton and Hyatt.
It is so easy for you to just say that look for alt career, but have you thought what effect it makes on person who is so stressed out, unsure about how they are going to achieve their career. Sometimes you guys say CLAT is not everything, people succeed even though they dont give CLAT other times you make it like life is entirely over because someone could not clear CLAT. I came for genuine advice, I'm not here to fucking play i want this career thats why I am on this website asking what to do
Read the featured message downward by that fellow nalsarite. It will help you a lot I guess.
There will be no trolling involved but understand clat is not a child’s play. So don’t just sit for it , work for it.

And as for sls pune , no one will judge if you are well-equipped enough to avoid the Rick brats(negligible at sls Pune).

Go to sls pune , pursue rigorously your acad. Silently prep for clat. Get off this forum because it will distract you
Have you explored alternative career options? CLAT is a pretty easy exam and considering you haven't been able to clear it in two attempts maybe It's not your strong suits.

Instead of trying again and again, maybe you should look fit something you are actually good at.
It might be pretty easy on ur time. It’s not now.

Also a lot of people face repeated bad luck on exam day , so they might give the exam more than twice
Nah bro , you have not given the current pattern yet then. Also don’t rule out bad luck please
You clearly don’t have any idea about the exam anymore. Might as well stop speaking
gave the new pattern in the batch it was changed. and have mentored kids through the ones next year so i have a decent idea about the paper.

landed a t1 NLU, possibly with absolutely minimal preparation and not having attempted maths. mind you i didn't attempt one whole section. still made it.

can only say it is still an easy exam. its not rocket science to crack. haven't had a privileged family background or world class education either. decent govt schools that strived to be english medium. you all commenting how the new pattern is hard are hardly beyond 29, 28 and 27 batches. grow up.
I (don’t know about others who commented) didn’t mention it’s rocket science to crack. But the OP mentioned as if it’s the easiest exam to crack. Mind you getting a 450-500 rank in clat is relatively easy. But the top 150? Becomes really tough. Also with the competition increasing day by day - I personally feel the pattern has also gone rogue with unpredictable GK questions striking us. Also I only attended 3-4 maths questions only. Ended up having a rank within 400. It’s not β€˜pretty easy’ to say the least even I avoid taking the possibilities of someone messing up the technical things.
Why did you waste your crucial time at college and gave clat again? We’re you willing to shift to a tier-1 one?
Even if I take your word for it , the sample is too less of a representation. Sorry , but the exam has become challenging. Have you seen the GK questions and the Quant?
The different thing goes for me I guess. Prepped for a while , couldn’t just get a tier-1 nlu. My point is it differs from person to person. Same goes for any other competitive exam. My frnd (who was genuinely good at studies till 12th) flunked both Neet and clat in her 2-3rd attempt I guess. Whereas another frnd of mine just aced it this year (probably he will get Kasturba) in his first attempt with no prep at all.

These examples don’t make an exam easy or tough. These are just examples based on individual’s prep. And I am not even considering the bad luck to begin with.
Hey first of all please don’t worry. Your mental health is crucial. I understand how this can mess up one’s peace but please make sure that you are taking all necessary measures to keep yourself calm. Coming to some solutions now :

1. You can obviously retake clat but thoroughly analyse where you went wrong. Did you make mistakes like wrongly filling OMR bubbles or marking correct answer as a wrong one. If yes then definitely retake it.

If not the above problem , do you think you still can give your best? Trust me procrastination is seriously annoying. If that impeded you from performing your best (coupled with other personal factors) , then please retake it. Honestly speaking if you make it into a tier-1 , it can stabilise your life a bit. If you think you can still give your 100 percent , lage raho.

2. SLS-P is doing amazing now my friend. If you feel that you are exhausted with your clat prep , you can just choose not to do it. Have you seen this year’s placements? Some of my close friends who are studying at SLS are really happy with the improvement. It has a long way to go but hey there is nothing sls can’t offer you.

3. Clat is not easy anymore. It’s easy in parts but on a whole new level you have to prepare rigorously to handle the adversity and unpredictability. The reason I am saying this because I know very well that you might be swayed away from your target if you feel you have already a year and half worth of prep. Don’t do that mistake if you are retaking clat. Give yourself some time. Think about your reasoning. Positively practise and maintain your grades at sls.

4. Don’t lose focus from your academia - Maintain your grades at sls and learn to sacrifice. There will be fresher parties , dine outs and more fun activities - but don’t let that distracts you if you are serious about clat 2024. Do intern and partake in moot orientations. That will still be academically nourishing.

5. Don’t listen to people who mention that you don’t have it in you to crack clat or any other exam for that matter. Aim for the best ranks in the exam (trust me it can even help you to get Aditya Birla scholarship - did wonders for me) , and you are sorted. But sls pune in itself is very nice if not the best.

If you face any problem , you can reach out to me. But before that you can follow the advice given here :)

Regards
Just to be a bit more clear since I sounded a bit vague in some of my explanations- kian/R maybe merge this info with the previous thread or just mark it featured so that the OP notices it. Yeah so coming back , so nuances which I might wanna tell you

1. I know this advice of maintaining grades and preparing for clat is a lot easier said than done. I should take into consideration your mental health too. Know this when I mention it - getting balanced grades (rank of 1-20) in the batch and preparing for clat 3-4 hours are enough. Trust me. You just have to do it everyday. And follow your schedule rigorously. Listen to good music , talk to your batchmates and have a good laugh. You can do it.

Regards.
Hey. First of all, congratulations! Now is the time to give up. Think about the times you won't be able to attend all those cool parties at SLS. Anyway, all that matters is an NLU badge. Top 5 NLUs dominate everywhere. If you want to go to SLS, take a separate loan to maintain a social life. What will you do if you don't have the money to ask someone out or get someone a drink? You won't even have half a decent social life for 5 years. I would think that's kinda sad. Or go to a CNLU or a TNLU and become a nobody.

I hope this mental breakdown makes you stronger! All the best!
Your reason is - social parties , OP please don’t take this advice.
Very nice and realistic advice after so long! Good stuff. Its true that no one cares about mental health and 1-2 loans are necessary for Pune Parties.
I don’t usually say this. But an amazing piece of advice after a long time. Can help someone substantially