Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
Exactly! It's always been a mystery, NLS- The best law school University in India not disclosing their placements stats is downright jarring.
If you give clat in December - itโ€™s 2.5 years only for attempting clat-why consider the extra 5 months when the exam was cracked earlier. Aadha gyan h toh pheko mat
Just because you donโ€™t like doesnโ€™t make it toxic. Acknowledge the efforts and move on
What stats would that be? The placement stats that NLSIU don't disclose for half a decade now?
Wtf is 2.5 year drop? Either you took a 3 year drop or a 2 year drop since NLUs have no concept of lateral entry mid-way through an academic. Atleast be honest to yourself rather than making it sound like you didn't โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ attempting CLAT over and over again.
Lol! Going to NLSIU changes one's destiny? What rubbish! At this stage, there's no difference between the graduates from NLSIU and those from NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD etc. in terms of quality. And it's growing worse with the humongous batch size of NLSIU.
Many? Hardly 1 or 2 every year leave NUJS after getting the admission, whether to NLSIU or elsewhere.
With 5 Rhodes scholars and multiple other international scholarship winners including chevening, inlacs and Fulbright, NUJS is not at all a bad place to study at if you're looking for higher studies abroad.
I am personally aware of someone who took a drop after being allotted NUJS because they wanted to go to NLS, they are in NLU Shimla right now. Make of it what you will.
19-20 saal mein clat retake karna is not a big deal. But maybe stay at Nujs and donโ€™t focus on nlsiu too much. Prep for it silently.
I have seen people taking multiple drops from tier-2 to tier 1. But well if you are within the age range of 20 , then give clat again. But honestly bro Nujs is just too cool.
Letโ€™s say you wanna shift your career to any other field. Then what? You will still have the NLS tag. Give clat again. Drop donโ€™t matter until and unless you make it
Your degree from Nujs and nlsiu wonโ€™t differentiate you in the domestic market. But from experience I can say , nlsiu makes a good difference. So maybe give clat silently and change your destiny.
Just ace your clat with an amazing score. I was in the same situation as you were. Trust me drop doesnโ€™t matter if you do it for the right reasons. A single digit rank in clat will make your parents proud anyway.
Join NUJS and attempt CLAT again. Don't take a full drop, CLAT is pretty unpredictable!
The risk is too high. Ranks change drastically with single digit difference in clat marks. Be ready not to regret if you don't even get nujs in your next attempt.
Donโ€™t drop. Maybe study at nujs and still give clat a shot next year. But donโ€™t drop nujs. That would be silly.