Read 73 comments as:
Filter By
Big mistake choosing NUJS over NLUD. But since you've already made a blunder, don't make another one. Go for the NIT you get over NUJS since you're one of the backup CLAT guys who isn't really interested in law but wants to immigrate to US/do MBA/work in some startup.
Brother , if your aim is to get โ€œa job in foreign law firmโ€ - donโ€™t go. Aspirants should aim for a gold medal , automatically Skadden or DLA Piper will come looking for you .
depends on your interests! In terms of money, NUJS may be able to fetch you a better-paying job considering you remain an average student in both places but if u don't enjoy the work, u will surely leave the job.
First of all congrats - you seem like a very good student. You have made the first mistake of joining Nujs over nlu Delhi . Secondly , if you would have gotten into nlsiu , I would have told you to blindly join it. But itโ€™s Nujs. Brother take NIT CS.
Lol, all the trolls here sad to know that he's chosen NUJS over NLUD and telling him that he's committed a mistake, when there's not a single case of NLUD grads having outperformed NUJS grads in any field over the years other than UPSC.
Why tho? How's NUJS so far away from NLS? The placement stats look great
You don't really need to belittle an institute just to prove that the other one is better. That's just sad.
One can troll Nujs by saying it produces โ€œinflated placement reportsโ€ - whatโ€™s your point ?
NUJS has ever produced any kind of inflated placement report. It never needed to. That's not trolling, but a barefaced lie.
Even publication-wise, NLUD faculty are not really ahead of anybody else. NIRF data says that too. It is just a carefully constructed facade that their faculty are all top notch legal researchers who publish regularly in good forum.
I wonder why you didn't comment the same to every other comment here favoring NLUD.
First of all, I wasn't the original commentator. Second of all, "generally true", "law school sphere's common perception"? What do you know about those anyway? You're at best a first year student.
@mod: Before redacting content, you should have your own archives. LI covered all this news in the past.
I wonder how do you know about the academic rigour at NUJS and can compare it with NLUD, have you been to both the places.

Please compare on objective issues which can be effectively compared, not qualitative aspects where you rely on biased hearsay.
There was literally a thread just a day back about some 150 students being debarred at NUJS for attendance shortage. And this is despite the fact that NUJS attendance requirement is just 50%. Sorry, but this kind of stuff doesnโ€™t happen at NLUD.
Please stop spreading fake news. The attendance requirement is 65% including medical reasons and not 50%. Are you claiming that NLUD students attend more classes than that regularly? Lol!
Completely untrue. I know NLUD students (my own friends) who have missed on plenty of classes doing internships and moots and then were allowed to sit for exams.
Please go ahead and brag about your university's achievements too, who is stopping you? Placement, higher studies, these are verifiable markers of grad outcomes all over the world. Better than your unfounded claims of 'superior faculty'.
Thanks for the advice! Absolutely get what you're saying about the typical 'Indian CS kid' profile for an MBA outside India
Take CS, bro. Don't make any mistake. I bet you my soul, law will be traumatizing if you are not interested in it.
Or DU. Both offer the same advantages for UPSC studies, which is location. The latter does it at a cheaper cost.
It doesn't really seem like the OP has anything decided from the tone of this entire thread.
I'm not a Bengali. Would still have chosen NUJS over NLUD had I been sitting for CLAT or AILET now.
I am Bengali - would have chosen nlu Delhi over nujs (if I was in this situation )
Then I do hope your parent have enough money to set you up, as you would not get a job if you join NLUD. Although being a jobless lawyer may enhance your CV as a NLUD graduate.
With the fear of being unemployed only , my parents would have wanted me to stay away from Nujs more. The kind of faculty infra and now placements (downward trajectory) ur college provides - proper BS
if you do not understand what a simple term like 'downward trajectory' means

you would feel at home at NLUD
You just read like sour grapes at this point, not having any achievement of his own. NUJS students have achieved and continue to achieve more than you ever will in your sorry life, so keep hating!
No one cares for your opinion since youโ€™re already a NUJS graduate.
A Ba/LLB degree from a top 5 NLU is much better than BITS Pilani or NIT (depends on the stream)
A 20-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.