Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
I recently gave the CLAT 2023 and got a rank that is enough to go to nalsar. I am a fresher and still have 6 months before joining law school (with an exception of boards). What should i do during this time and what can i expect in nalsar?
Just develop a good reading habit, listening to other people when they are talking, not allow existing prejudices to prevent you from learning from everyone, and allow for the possibility that many of things that you may have learnt till now can be wrong or at least perceived differently. Be kind, patient, polite and curious, but do not allow other people's opinion of you define your life and actions. Also remember not to compromise with eating and sleeping schedule and develop some basic exercising habit. Rest will fall into place. You are going to a fine institution for the next five years.
Focus on your grades as much as possible, attend all classes however unproductive or boring and make notes. Don't get into large groups of friends really fast, choose true friends who won't steer you from your goals. Don't be peer pressured into getting into relationships in the first few years, as it will affect academics and your career goals.

In your first two years, try to intern at all places possible, from corporate firms to litigation chambers, to policy/ research firms, to Legal education/journalism/startups. Don't be swayed by the money and tier 1 corporate jobs right away.

Try to network with the 5th/ 4rth years as much as possible, as they will help you with internships in the coming years. Try reaching out to the alumni too.
In your first year, there will be only 3 things on your mind: girls, partying and booze.

So my advice is to prep for the above as follows:

1. Girls: Depending on the type of girl you want to woo (Veronica type or Betty type) you should either go to a gym and bulk up, or just try and be a nice person.

2. Partying: Improve your dancing skills and learn to make good conversation, avoid politics and woke vs non-woke debates: this will eventually creep in and destroy friendships, but try and avoid as far as possible. Instead, have healthy Messi vs Ronaldo, Rohit vs Virat debates.

3. Booze: Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to strengthen your liver.
Bring plenty of condoms. Hormones are known to run wild at NALSAR (which is fine) but it is also hard to access condoms/birth control easily because of the remote location and there are no machines to dispense them on campus (which is a problem) .
I was actually looking for some book recommendations or actual tips rather than sarcasm
Haha, I think they may have been half-serious with their recommendations: university is not just about learning academically, you will also hopefully learn how to have fun and make new friends and all that jazz. Enjoy!
Why do you assume OP is a male and/or trying to attract a girl.

I know people will say I'm oversensitive, but the number of times i ask a fairly random question online and people automatically assuming I'm male / a man is exhausting. It's like they assume the default user is male.

Maybe it's "woke" to complain about this or be conscious about this - but all I ask is for this person to follow their own advice - "Make good conversation"

With an internet stranger - it includes not assuming their gender. Too much to ask? I mean there is about a 50 percent probability the person posting is female right? Why does this happening?
You'll be very near the beautiful countryside. Spend a little time in it. People will be anxious and competitive as they are in all law schools. Get to know them as human beings, develop understanding. Be nice to the staff and they'll really take care of you. Don't be one of those entitled rude brats. Get to know Hyderabad. It's an interesting city but you're very unlikely to end up working there so this is your time to enjoy it.
Hi OP! I too will be going to Nalsar this year, I was looking to make some friends before our first semester starts. Please drop a mail at chatwithoggy@pm.me if you are interested!
Where in the message has he/ she/ they/ etc hinted at you being a male? Did you just assume that because "girls" and "vooing girls" was mentioned? Why cant girls voo girls? or bulk up for that matter huh? or talk about cricket? Homophobic much Rowling?