Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Just develop a good reading habit, listening to other people when they are talking, not allow existing prejudices to prevent you from learning from everyone, and allow for the possibility that many of things that you may have learnt till now can be wrong or at least perceived differently. Be kind, patient, polite and curious, but do not allow other people's opinion of you define your life and actions. Also remember not to compromise with eating and sleeping schedule and develop some basic exercising habit. Rest will fall into place. You are going to a fine institution for the next five years.
Focus on your grades as much as possible, attend all classes however unproductive or boring and make notes. Don't get into large groups of friends really fast, choose true friends who won't steer you from your goals. Don't be peer pressured into getting into relationships in the first few years, as it will affect academics and your career goals.

In your first two years, try to intern at all places possible, from corporate firms to litigation chambers, to policy/ research firms, to Legal education/journalism/startups. Don't be swayed by the money and tier 1 corporate jobs right away.

Try to network with the 5th/ 4rth years as much as possible, as they will help you with internships in the coming years. Try reaching out to the alumni too.
Why do you assume OP is a male and/or trying to attract a girl.

I know people will say I'm oversensitive, but the number of times i ask a fairly random question online and people automatically assuming I'm male / a man is exhausting. It's like they assume the default user is male.

Maybe it's "woke" to complain about this or be conscious about this - but all I ask is for this person to follow their own advice - "Make good conversation"

With an internet stranger - it includes not assuming their gender. Too much to ask? I mean there is about a 50 percent probability the person posting is female right? Why does this happening?