Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I am an A0 at a T1 from a private university. How do I apply for a training contract, and where do I start?

Anyone with TC's in the UK, please help out.

Genuine advice and suggestions welcome
There are headhunters. But you can also approach most foreign firms independently with your CV.
im glad someone said it, people who think they can get a TC via the headhunter route are plain delusional
The fact that you couldn't doesn't mean that others can't. I've known people approach such firms independently and secure positions there.
Apply for a vac scheme at their London Office, Magic circles like Links and HSF have specific applications for Indian Students.

You have to fill the Watson glazer test and go through with the application, and there are very less chances you are selected for one.(4rth or 5th yr only)

If you do well (mostly everyone who is selected for the VC), you get offered a TC, given that you qualify the SQE examinations before the TC which they will fund and assist in training you.
The India-specific option no longer exists. Just the form is different, you need to compete with the global pool now.
HSF India Internship- https://careers.herbertsmithfreehills.com/in/grads/india-internship

Linklaters India Internship- https://careers.linklaters.com/en/early-careers/our-opportunities ----go down to International Programs-----Indian Internship

Check the Clifford Chance website also, not able to copy link for some reason

For all other firms, apply to the London Office normally
Hi chichi, Just a question. How big of a bias do UK firms have on top 5 nlus? can a tier 2 nlu person stand the same chance?
Is it possible (doable) to get a TC after one starts working? I know technically it is possible, but are there any instances of T1 associates getting one?
Could you please name some of them? Also, not the ones who work for 9 months in a T1 firm before they join - these are the people who got the TC in college and work in India for a few months before their joining date!