Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
Tareekh pe tareekh. And the band played on. Yet another example of how justice can be timed out legally.
Shameful that this guy is an alum of such a prestigious institution.
I have no faith in our judiciary to give relief to victims of sexual harassment. In India, only the rich and powerful get justice by hiring top lawyers or through fixing.
Consensual in this case means he wasn't imposing on the girl by physical force, merely [allegedly] leveraging the power equation to make her not say no.
I can't understand why NLSIU or its alumni are being dragged into this discussion. This has nothing to do with the college or its alumni.
Meanwhile, the offender keeps getting glorified in his circle and at his alma mater, where there are already way too many such instances brushed under the carpet regularly.
Update: the case was listed again on 15 December but has now been moved to 6 March 2023. So, only 9 hearings in 5 years, almost all of which were adjournments for lack of time and none of which addressed the crux of the case.
I love how we anonymous lay people are more interested in this case than judges and the media
Lawrence is 50 years old. If the judgement comes after 10 years he will already be retired! Even if it comes after 5-6 years he will be nearing retirement.
Academics retire only at 65 in India. Longer if you end up holding VC or directorial posts.
A 37-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 81-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.