We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Currently getting around 60 K, has 3 years of experience. Not from an NLU/ have a stellar CV. Willing to join as a fresher, if it's possible.
Reason for my asking is usually people try and follow the exact opposite path (chamber after a few years at a law firm)
I am pretty content. Senior is even allowing me to take up my personal cases using the friendship I made with his clients. But going independent will take atleast 3 to 5 years.
That was a typing issue - what I told is that I don't have a stellar CV which would help me get into a corporate firm. And more than that, I am from a non-NLU and has never got the opportunity to take an Assessment internship or sit for campus placements. But always liked the idea of working in a corporate law firm.
I feel I deserve better; and that my experience in commercial matters (3 + years) will help me be a better fresher associates than someone fresh out of Law School.
If there is someone who has shifted from a commercial/civil law chamber practice, I wanted to know thier experience.
Is it possible to do this shift? How did it work out for you/someone else? Is it too late?
What I meant is, is it possible to start my career as a fresher associate at a T1/2?
how one should expect to go to a law firm after chamber ? is it worth going or one should stay ? litigation is tough in terms of money !