Read 109 comments as:
Filter By
Since NLS is so great and every third conversation is about NLS, I thought as fellow worshipers we must pay due homage and have a separate conversation just to acknowledge the greatness of our leader. I shall start:

The land of Naharbhavi is so great that when Sudhir stepped on it, vo sudhar gaya. NLS students are deemed as professors by students of tier 2 NLUs. NLS being called Harvard of the east is false and Harvard is actually the NLS of the west. Harvard is considering dropping all other programmes other than law just to meet this expectation. When NLS conducted its own exam, even JEE and Medical aspirants appeared for it. NLS recruits from 8-9 partners from trilegal campus on Day 0. Herbert Smith Freehill offered a training contract to everyone in NLS but everyone was already trained so they didn’t go. Deutsche bank stopped recruiting from NLS because NLS students are gold man. NLS students, even in their childhood, raise both of their parents. NLS won the Oxford Price moot but gave it up for NLUD because it was not worth it. If an NLS student’s phone rings while he is mooting, the moot is paused till the call is over. If an NLS student misquotes an article of the constitution of india in an exam, the constitution is amended. SAM and CAM were separated because NLS kids found their jobs too monotonous. Once an NLS kid was asked by his mother to bring a fan from Khaitan company, he returned with a job offer. NLS was actually constructed in 1456 BC but it was destroyed by Mughals only for it to be built later. When ancient NLS students decided to mass bunk university on two days, those two days were called Saturday and Sunday. An NLS kid gave F grade to one of their professors because they didn’t have 3 post graduate degrees from Ivy league but only 2. NLS does not want any Rhodes scholarships now because they belong to the sky. 36 law students from NLS went missing in the jungles of Nagarbhavi, they were later called the avengers. When NLS kids come to your college for a competition, they confer winners with the trophy. The apple thrown on Newton was actually thrown by an NLS student because he wanted the world to get a small portion of the knowledge he owned. NLS student was giving a speech which was noted in text by the britishers, that speech is called the Indian Penal Code. When mails were invented and an NLS student created his email id, he already had 9 job offers from tier 1 firms. When an NLS student finally becomes a parent, their kid is designated as a senior advocate by the supreme court. When Indian govt go to the court against NLS, it’s them vs the Union of NLS. Once NLS decided to not admit any students for a year, 80000 more people appeared for JEE that year.
I was expecting a rant but this is one of the best things I have read on this website lol
NLS is so great that NLUD automatically became NIRF #2 by simply being the only other NLU to be mentioned in a post about NLS's greatness.
Once an NLS kid was sad so he took out some pages from a bare act and wiped his tears. The content of those pages was deleted from the original act.
I thought the tear-soaked version was what the original Act got amended to.
Kian wanted to censor this conversation. He couldn’t cuz he knew the concept of free speech was invented by an NLS student
There were 60 students in the NLS batch of 2010. NLS placed 300 students that year.
Who then went ahead and held off Xerxes, shouting, "This is Nagarbhavi!"
Suds K: And you would get more of the glitter only if you do as told.
NLS alumni got recruited so much that current students don’t even sit for placements. They just cite alumni achievements
Yes, just like the union government cites 'scientific' achievements of ancient India.
Is that why the Karnataka government now wants to convert it into a state law school?
No, you didn't get the comment. You should go and ask Sudhir for a demo pre-CLAT session for yourself.
That's why we are talking about it in a thread apart. In reverential tones, no less!
Use bullet points, no! Would have been fun to add on to each of those then. Of course, it's NLS, so the bullet should be fired first, made next, and then only the gun would come into existence.
NLS was not born, the alient left in earth as weapon to destroy human.
NLS is the only university which can make salt lake city even more salty? Cause I can taste salt here
NLS got us independence and liberalisation both. That's why the current VC is now trying to get independence from the consortium and liberally taking away student privileges.
We can't be envious of NLS, because NLS purged the world of all the Sins way back.
Everybody, please! It's NLSIU not NLS. National Law School of India University. It's so great that it's both a school and a university.
That's why it holds classes for schoolchildren too now, for CLAT prep. Living upto its own name finally after 35 years of formation.
Not allowed to name any other institute in this hallowed thread. Don't blaspheme.
Regarding destruction of ancient NLS campus by Mughals, is it true that IIM Bangalore was built on its ruins?

#nlsvahibanega
NLS students are not getting placed magic circle law firms because they believe in rationale, not magic
I’ve heard they also rejected offers from White and Case & Mayer Brown because they found the names racist?
I thought it is because their students are so square that they think that a round circle won't be befitting of themselves.
NLS students rejected multiple PPOs from TTA because they don’t believe in swords and guns but only non violence
There was no place to drink and party in Nagarbhavi so NLS students established the bar council of india
Birbal and Chanakya both aced CLAT in their times and subsequently joined NLS. What a legacy of this university!!
The number of objections to the comments on this thread is so few because in an LI thread about NLS, the gavel of objections behaves like Mjolnir, and only the worthy can lift it.
Heard Suits season 11 is being fired just so that Harvey will insist on hiring people only from NLS.
No, he insists that they should be inducted as named partners straightaway.
You're wrong. Rajini's hometown is Bengaluru where NLS is located. That explains Rajini's fame.
You are both wrong. Rajini had taken the MBL distance course from NLS. That's how he got the key to his success.
You're wrong too. Rajini's hometown is Bengaluru where NLS is located. That explains Rajini and Bengaluru’s fame.
I am from a TLC but the fact that i had gone to NLS for a moot(just a participation) caught the attention of a Tier-I firm and they offered me a position with a complete disregard for my TLC credentials.

If this doesn't explain the greatness of NLS, I dont know what will.
Most relevant post on LI. With the rise of top 3 mafia on LI, this applies to all of them.
Yo R, I think you should not censor my roast of top 3 NLUs, I think people will take it in a fun spirit
I do admit that I did spend a considerable time on that thread proposal on whether to publish it or not or publish with edit or not. Also I no longer understand what fun spirit is. It is still under consideration.

- R
R, you didn't post my question about NLS in which I asked that, does NLS still deserve to be at the top. Please reconsider ❀️
Wrong thread. In this one, you are only allowed to explain how NLS defines the top, the bottom, and everything in the middle. Rest are mere footnotes.
This is one of the craziest thing read. Lol.
I was thinking people will abuse, but it's actually funny and smart.
Nicely written.
stop belittling nls. first of all everyone wanted to go there. I am not even in a lower nlu. they never said they were great. stop creating ruckus here and shut up is incessant whining. we should focus on our own life.
You must enhance your reading skills. We are aggrandizing NLS, not belittling it. It's not whining when we sing paeans of NLS, it's ritualistic prayer. Freedom of worship.
Wait for 2 years. Gnlu is already at 2 and will overtake nls very soon!
Don't mention little state law colleges in this thread. Glory glory NLS.
Don't know about others, but the writer definitely dreams about NLS all the time. Else why waste so much creative energy on a non-issue?! Seriously, is nothing happening interesting going on in your life?
NLS has got a monopoly on dreams, reality, and the Matrix. In fact, REM sleep is what happens when NLS students actually frame answers to the questions that next year's NLAT will ask.
Got defined to express the way NLS students feel when they occasionally have to acknowledge that other law universities actually have the temerity to exist on the same plane.
Felt like this should be revived again given the monotonous threads on LI rn ;)
When NLS students feel the first pang of monotony on a wintry Monday evening, they go ahead and write Nobel prize winning literature.
NLS students don't need a pump to fill air in their bicycle tyre. They do it with their mouth.
NLS students' bicycles drive themselves and still help them stay in shape.
wow so much jealousy from
people who would have enrolled in nls over their college any day
atleast hide it
makes me value my nls degree more
at nls we are never obssessed with other colleges like this
You are obsessed enough to have visited this thread and commented here. In a rather poor display of English too, to boot.
I'm not afraid to admit it that I have privilege. If you are visiting this forum and commenting, then so do you. That doesn't invalidate what I said.
Are you sure you graduated from NLSIU? You obviously did not detect the sarcasm in this entire thread
Law School is so great one had to write India in its name - the "National" Law School was not enough, lest other countries started claiming India's greatest national asset as its own.

NLSIU, by virtue of its name, pre-empted WW3.
I read somewhere that Gandhi got shot because he didn't graduate from NLS.
The ball in the Triwizard Tournament derives its legitimacy from the annual NLS ball. Except the latter comes down on you like a wrecking ball.
NLS is so great that the Beatles borrowed the name of their song from its fest
The Supreme Court regional bench will be established at Nagarbhavi, so that more people from NLS can join the Bar.
How bitter we be
That we missed NLS
And it does not miss us
-

Entrance exam
NLS is so great that other college kids started a thread to avoid feeling like they missed the ranking in the entrance exam.
NLS kids
would cringe starting such a thread for anyone. All their fights and insecurites are internal.
When a NLS grad appears in court, the judges draft the plaint and the NLS grad adjourns
NLS grads don't appear at court, the court goes to Nagarbhavi to get the next date of hearing.
A 5-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.