Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Grapevine says that Shreya Rao has left AZB. Where is she going? With her departure, AZB's Private Wealth Practice in Bangalore will be severely hit
She has started independent practice and likely opening her own boutique firm with private clients and tax practice
She is setting up her independent practice. In fact recently there was a post here where someone was inquiring about tax internships I think in Bangalore and Shreya herself commented saying she is looking for interns.
who is shreya rao? how does it matter if she left azb or not. there are so many like her!
She was very good at her work and always helpful - very sad that that group’s curlture did not allow her and others who are leaving to carry on
She taught me direct tax at law school. Amazing as a prof too - I don't practise in the area but her classes gave me whatever I know of it.
Extremely knowledgeable and good tax lawyer. If she has moved out, she must be looking for people to join her as well. People interested in the subject should definitely try and reach to her
Thanks folks :-) Just to set some stuff straight:

1. Yes I have left AZB.

2. Yes I am setting up independently and will be focusing on international tax and private client work going forward.

3. Yes I am actively looking to hire, particularly if you love direct tax or are good generalists. Interns with the above profile are welcome also, but I’m only taking one or two a month. Feel free to look me up on LinkedIn for contact information + ask folks who’ve worked with me before if you’d like feedback. I’d like to think I run happy teams.

4. I’m currently pegging pay scales at a 20% discount to Tier 1 scales and interns get a 10K stipend per month. Again, pls ask if you’d like to know. Pay related questions are important and I’m happy to be upfront about them.

Mods, please make sure to clear this and feel free to get in touch if you need to verify that it’s me. Thx
Hi Shreya,

Never worked with you directly, but have admired your work ethic and capabilities. Best wishes, we'll all be hyping you :)
Heard only good things about you. Wishing you all the success for your future.
Hey Shreya

I am a batch of 2025 student and my area of interest is taxation, international taxation particularly. I am open to learn and explore more.

I have a few questions.

What is the hiring process?

What is the exact pay scale you'll be offering?

Are you looking to hire for the 2025 batch?

Are you looking for long-term interns?
Hi - really hard to have a conversation on this forum. Please email. My contact details are on Linkedin. Brief responses:

1. Hiring process: Hiring is through internships. I'm taking one or two interns a month. They work with me closely and are selected on the basis of a technical round. All internships are assessment internships. All internships are eligible to a stipend (see above). That being said, I'm not planning to hire in huge numbers (only hiring 2 freshers in 2024, for eg.) so there's a one in 12 chance (maybe less than that) that internships will convert.

2. Pay Scale: 20% discount to Tier 1 scales. We are in the process of mapping what that means based on LI and other data. Let's speak - I recognise the importance of pay transparency so there are no unwelcome questions/ interventions.

3. Hiring for 2025: Yes

4. Long-term interns: Not sure. Let's speak.
Hi Shreya, I have heard a great deal about your work and have been following you.
I was trying to look up, but could not find, where your offices are in Bangalore. Would be great if someone could tell.
A 4-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 125-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.