Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I recently graduated and joined a law firm. Work has been hectic and keeps me busy during the week, but after coming home or during the weekends, not having a partner hits really hard.

I do meet my friends 2-3 times a week but still feel lonely. Maybe because I live alone, idk.

Some weekends, I just prefer working instead of being free and lonely. At least it helps me divert my mind.
Its a part of the process. Grind it out in your initial years buddy, trust me its all worth it 6-7 years down the line.
If you think this is bad, you have no idea how depressing and lonely the UPSC process can be.
Lol, you must be 22-25 ,

LI also has readership of single people between 28-40s
Trust me after 2-3 years into marriage, you wouldn't even want to come back to home unless you have kids.
Dont live alone man, It's a really bad idea. I lived alone for the 1st year of law firm and that mentally drained me as I had no one to come back to (friends or a partner).

Please move in with your friends (even strangers and turn them into friends) or you will compromise on your health (as you cant manage food living alone) and social life, eventually burn out and leave the career altogether.

Learn from my mistakes.
I am such a lawcel or so much deep in the trenches with this field I read partner and interpreted as some partner of a firm

I really need to get a life
Finding someone on dating apps is also so difficult unless you look a very particular type of way.

No wonder people keep saying, 20s are lonely years. I would much rather prefer to live at my hometown with my parents and family, if only that town had any jobs :(
Bhai, I just had a break up with my long time girlfriend, I can't tell you how much trauma this break up has given me.

The pain is such that I have decided to become recluse.
Loneliness in big cities is rampant but not often discussed. Travelling to new city means uprooting your life and starting afresh. It doesn't help that due to our 12 hour work schedules we don't get time to go out in the city and meet new people.

https://www.livemint.com/news/business-of-life/loneliness-in-the-city-1541394566948.html

You are mentally sprinting and probably dealing with 100 issues at your law firm job, so when you come back home, you need immediate respite, which is why several people often turn to drinking or other harmful activities. This gets worse when you see your peers/ friends having fun on Instagram while you are miserable at home.

Actionable advice: Join a yoga session, dance class or some cycling group. You can also try going for the weekend excursions organised by local groups (Several groups on Instagram - just search them)

The idea here is to join some group where:

1. You have a guide/ mentor actively teaching you and tracking your progress and checking up on you (unlike most seniors at law firms)

2. You have a peer group of your age with whom you can bond in a social casual setting, and talk about something apart from work (as corporate settings does not always allow us to let our guard down)

Keep these two things in mind, and I'm sure you will notice a mood shift.

All the best!
Get on a dating app.

Bumble should give you decent options. Go out on dates and see if you can vibe with the person.

Even if it doesnot work out romantically, you still can make a good friend or more out of that person