Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
I am such a lawcel or so much deep in the trenches with this field I read partner and interpreted as some partner of a firm

I really need to get a life
Loneliness in big cities is rampant but not often discussed. Travelling to new city means uprooting your life and starting afresh. It doesn't help that due to our 12 hour work schedules we don't get time to go out in the city and meet new people.

https://www.livemint.com/news/business-of-life/loneliness-in-the-city-1541394566948.html

You are mentally sprinting and probably dealing with 100 issues at your law firm job, so when you come back home, you need immediate respite, which is why several people often turn to drinking or other harmful activities. This gets worse when you see your peers/ friends having fun on Instagram while you are miserable at home.

Actionable advice: Join a yoga session, dance class or some cycling group. You can also try going for the weekend excursions organised by local groups (Several groups on Instagram - just search them)

The idea here is to join some group where:

1. You have a guide/ mentor actively teaching you and tracking your progress and checking up on you (unlike most seniors at law firms)

2. You have a peer group of your age with whom you can bond in a social casual setting, and talk about something apart from work (as corporate settings does not always allow us to let our guard down)

Keep these two things in mind, and I'm sure you will notice a mood shift.

All the best!