Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Do share your own interview experiences afterwards. Thanks!
At NLS, they focus on pedagogy. It's more like a conversation, but you don't know how tou have done. I also gave for a private uni where they asked what I vould teach except my specialization and started asking questions from there. In many places, it is like a viva.
During your interviews, how much did they emphasise on research in both the places? Thanks.
A lot in NLS. They may ask questions from whatever you have published. Not so much in the private university I interviewed, but some might.
Thanks for sharing. Did they also ask for a teaching plan, like expecting you to design a curriculum for a particular class?
Not at the places I have my interview. But NLS does ask about pedagogy.
Good to know. I wonder if other NLUs also emphasise pedagogy during interviews.
No sir, pursuing right now. Waiting for course work to be completed
Good. All the best. How has been the coursework so far?
What is this experience like if you are switching to full time teaching after about 10 years as a practising advocate - assuming you get to teach the subject of your choice ? Do they still treat it like a viva?
Mostly it will be a conversation. They will ask a bit about your professional experience nad how that would translate to practice.