We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Now a partner in a London firm
There is no rocket science in law
I had another friend who appeared 3 times and did not make it
He is now practicing in Kolkata HC after studying at TLC
Doing really well.
Believe that you will eventually succeed and follow your intuition. Give it your all. game is just beginning
This however? I'd suggest you at least join a good private institute like Symbi, NMIMS, NIRMA or Jindal - if you then still wish, you can give CLAT once more.
I got through a T2 NLU on my first attempt as a GC student, but would have gotten a T1 if I hadn't burned out from the variety of exams across fields my parents forced me to give (IPMAT, BBA and so on) - I also have ADHD so it is hell to focus on a timed exam.
I planned to give CLAT again the next year, but COVID was the kabab me haddi, plus it didn't seem worth it to me to risk COVID to give CLAT again when I already had a decent NLU.
I did well enough for myself here, and I suggest you buckle up for the same. I've said all of this to give a perspective; yes top NLUs are prestigious, but it is not the end all be all.
- CLAT 2023 - 13000s (12th std)
- CLAT 2024 - 3000s (GK + Math hogaya hota toh would have landed a tier1 nlu) + drop year tha
i prepped heavy for clat 2024, realised shortcomings in the GK and Math section. I have been the top of my classes for an entire year, My gut feeling says taking a partial drop and writing clat 2025 one LAST TIME with all my might in the last 4 months, I know i have the potential and there's room for growth. I just wanna go ALL OUT ONE LAST TIME.
People on Legally India please answer realistically, i would really appreciate advice from experienced people hailing from NLUS NON NLUS PRIVS ETC... Thanks a Lot!!1