We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I would be really helpful for me pls.
Here's my mail id.
can you pls mail me here??
My advice would be to build good habits before starting Tier I job and have as much fun/travel.
What good habits?
Regular Physical Exercise, Emotional Support System, Personal & Professional CRM (law firm can be isolating and you need to grow your network on your own.)
Light feel hota hain but kuch din me sab normal ho jaata h lekin neend achi aati hain.
I bought xbox immediately after getting placed. Bhut maja aaya 4 months jum k khela nd now I'm about to join the firm.
Exams, assignments, etc everything stops mattering. No stress and anxiety.
BUT, now since you are completely idle for 12 months (in my case 1 year ago)- you get frustrated, anxious, super bored. Let me tell you that none of the distractions like gaming, TV shows, books will help. Travel might but if you're rich enough to travel abroad or something.
Till you join, there is a gaping hole in your life. It's like a big fear of missing out because you see other people working, interning, studying and you basically just need to pass your exams. My days mostly went sleeping, watching shows, reading books and doing house chores (BORING).
Have a whole year left, so I might travel and read more. Watch the famous shows and movies so that when I join I can easily make conversation and seem aware. Also start waking up early to follow basketball