We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Or better yet, add me on discord: icecold_21
This goes for everyone who wants to reach out and help each other.
What you have to do while reading a judgment?
1) try to understand the issue
2) understand the matter between the party and the legal issue, if arising
3) the conclusion.
How will this help?
You'll get a hang of the legal language used in the judgments. At some times you won't understand what's happening in it, but even if it's a paragraph you understand, it's an achievement.
Leverage linkedin- lawyers nowadays post various cases and short summaries of important cases or analysis of law. They'll help you over time.
It'll take you over a year gradually to get a hang of it. It won't happen in a day.
You could also try improving your focus while doing a particular thing no matter how much time it takes. Try to set attainable goals for yourself.
I find it incredibly hard to express myself clearly without writing walls of text. Simple tasks like keeping up with the news, doing groceries, or even understanding emails are a challenge. I can spend hours reading up on something, but I just can't seem to grasp it. I can see and peceive the words, but not process their meaning. When someone explains things to me, I zone out in a weird self-aware way. It's frustrating because I'm really trying to understand. Even short sentences take me forever to articulate properly despite full attention to subject matter. Even though I'm 24, mentally I feel at least a decade behind having somehow coasted through life to get to this point.
Coming back to my main problem, I've done a few internships, but they didn't give me the experience I expected. It is as if I've never done them at all. Actually, all I did during my internships was ask chat gpt and other interns for help regarding every other proposition because I couldn't figure out shit on my own.
Has anyone else been through something similar? I am afraid I'm on a steady cognitive decline ever since class 12th, idk why. Any advice on how to improve my comprehension and communication skills? What jobs should I seek rn? I struggle with both studying and doing practical everyday stuff. I'm apprehensive even if I do land up a job.. it will be like a ticking time bomb till I'm fired for being too dumb and incompetent. Where do I begin? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.