Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Long story cut short: My uncle is super sick and is in the ICU. The doctors say he is critical and they are monitoring. We don’t know if he’ll make it or not.

I have a final hearing matter listed for Tuesday, conferences for which are today and we are short staffed on it.

I’m getting drowned in guilt because my family has said twice now to show up because we never know while on other hand I have a boss who’d taunt the life out of me and general throw a stink that I abandoned the matter. I don’t think I need to give him any personal details about except that a relative is sick and I need to bounce even if this is last minute.

I hate that I’m still thinking how can I take these calls. To top it all, I need to drive out station to be able to see him
Hey

Assume you caught cancer and need a day off. Or maybe car accident. Or maybe unbearable pain in stomach. Or maybe you went blind.

Take a freaking few hours off and ensure you are mostly able to work remotely if you care so much about work (that you are looking for excuses to justify a call on your conscience)

Wishing you sanity.
You should go see the uncle if you want to or are close to him. Work and money don’t matter when there is life and death. A lot of senior people have a tendency to say that they never took leave for such things but that’s to them and you need not follow that. I will again urge you to go and let your senior be. Career are not only built on going for a hearing when your loved one is fighting death, there are many other things.
Leave tonight. Sunday you can legit disappear without too many questions.
I guess the 24 people who downvoted this did not get the obvious satire.
We are lawyers, Money is more important,

Paisa hoga to sab relatives aayenge milne
As a litigator, I can say with near certainty that in situations like this most judges will give some time. That said, if you’re not critical enough for the judge to give time for this, then surely it’s okay for you to take a leave as well.
A 6-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.