Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Storytime:

I interned at a Tier 1 firm for a week but at a weekend party broke my ankle.I did go to the office the next day as I assumed it was a sprain but couldn’t concentrate the entire day due to the excruciating pain. I was limping and miserable and couldn’t work.

Next day after office, I couldn’t stand on my own and my parents had to fly in to Bombay.

I had to abruptly leave and I had informed my Partner and my buddy.

Went back and an additional liver problem was diagnosed. Turns out I have typhoid and an broken ankle.

I was hospitalised and during the time my father just let my buddy know I ain’t in the condition to even take calls which was true tbh. Mentally atleast. He handled all the exit formalities.

That was the end of communication.

The associate who gave me the most work is now working in the T1 I will be joining and a different team but same practice area.

Back then I had only informed my Buddy, HR and the Partner. Kinda forgot about the team.

After I recovered a month later I was too embarrassed to message or email anyone of them.

As somebody with Social Anxiety, now that I have to meet this associate again it’s gnawing at my insides.

Irresponsible yes, but I do not know how to explain all of this without seeming too irresponsible or dumb.
I mean the total course of the internship was only 2 weeks but still. IYKYK
You need not notify every single person. HR would have done it. These processes exist for a reason.

Your Associate (if she still remembers you) would know the circumstances and if she is a nice person, would ask you how you are doing health wise.

I don't think you need to worry about this really.
Do you think associates of these T1s who come across hundreds of interns remember each of them? Even if they do remember you bhai itna koi nai sochta ki 2 saal pehle isne internship bina bataaye chhod di thi. Chill bro