We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I interned at a Tier 1 firm for a week but at a weekend party broke my ankle.I did go to the office the next day as I assumed it was a sprain but couldn’t concentrate the entire day due to the excruciating pain. I was limping and miserable and couldn’t work.
Next day after office, I couldn’t stand on my own and my parents had to fly in to Bombay.
I had to abruptly leave and I had informed my Partner and my buddy.
Went back and an additional liver problem was diagnosed. Turns out I have typhoid and an broken ankle.
I was hospitalised and during the time my father just let my buddy know I ain’t in the condition to even take calls which was true tbh. Mentally atleast. He handled all the exit formalities.
That was the end of communication.
The associate who gave me the most work is now working in the T1 I will be joining and a different team but same practice area.
Back then I had only informed my Buddy, HR and the Partner. Kinda forgot about the team.
After I recovered a month later I was too embarrassed to message or email anyone of them.
As somebody with Social Anxiety, now that I have to meet this associate again it’s gnawing at my insides.
Irresponsible yes, but I do not know how to explain all of this without seeming too irresponsible or dumb.
Your Associate (if she still remembers you) would know the circumstances and if she is a nice person, would ask you how you are doing health wise.
I don't think you need to worry about this really.