Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
Read the DU copyright case first, along with basic principles of IP including the fair use exception.
What is your problem dude? Not everyone can afford to buy these expensive books. Just let us survive.

Are you so scared of people having a level playing ground
Well good for you. But college libraries like mine do not have sufficient copies. Moreover they don't have all the books needed for the curriculum.
Why bring in 52(1)(h) when the concerned section is 52(1)(i). Anything used in the course of instruction. The extent is not important, what's important is that it's used in the course of instruction.
You're reading the wrong provision. The relevant sub sections are 52(1)(a) and 52(1)(i), neither of which has a quantity limitation.

The sub section you have quoted pertains to reproduction of published extracts in collections or compilations.
So law is only for the rich and well off.? First the fees, then the extracurricular and now the books. Awesome .
Is there a chance that some of the people whom you've seen with these PDFs may have vision/print disabilities that aren't apparent/visible, meaning they might be using these PDFs for accessibility reasons?
I don’t believe in copyright law. I watch only pirated movies and use only pirated books. There are millions like me. That’s because we are middle class people and cannot afford it.
Highly unlikely. My law school has dedicated state-of-the-art devices for the visually impaired, and all the visually impaired students I know only use those.
No school in the country has state of the art anything for the differently abled.
Please never use singlelogin(dot)re or Anna's Archive. Piracy is very bad yes πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈβŒ
A 10-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.