Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
as is the case with any online platform, shouldn't the moderation policy here be the opposite to what it is rn, i.e., a comment should first be published unmoderated and if someone reports it or otherwise, it be taken down under moderation? The mods approving every comment only reinforces the notion that LI would allow one to speak what they want to, and that there really is no "free speech" on here. thoughts?
Not really. A comment targeting a specific individual even for an hour can be dangerous. Imagine someone accuses you of sexual harassment on LI and then the screenshot is circulated all around your circle. I do believe that LI moderation is a bit too harsh nowadays but moderation should exist before publication of a thread/comment.
The biggest problem lies in the fact that they don't moderate/promote what needs to be moderated/promoted. The NLU d!ck-waving and constant political debates and mindless defamatory gossip attract the most attention here wheras people seeking genuine salary and Practice area advice and suggestions just get ignored or "bumped". I earlier posted about the 6 month cool off period and whether law firms actually have that, got no responses but the moment someone posts something about Rahul Gandhi's bathroom routine, LI seems to go berserk
Yet many genuine queries do seem to get answered with genuinely helpful and amazing comments (but yes, for some reason, some also do not). The question is whether those would also get answered if the more popular 'Raga toilet routine' topics weren't also discussed? Is it only a question of visibility / bumps or maybe some topics don't have easy answers / are harder to engage with?
No, man. The number of real solutions or advice on this platform has taken a nosedive over the last year and a half. Writing this as a reader who has been here since inception.
Visibility is definitely one of the factors. When you published the cool-off period qns, I could only see them after scrolling a lot.
Not a big fan of this idea, the site would be full of spams. Censorship is a must, although I was curious to know what kind of free speech are you not able to exercise rn? Unless and until we've a good enough reason not to publish, we publish it (quite evident from so many random threads that fails to transform into a sound discussion).

Would love to hear from ya!
bro apart from the targetted defamatory comments, you all don't publish so many trollish comments as well. I had made a joke on someone's post on BJP a while back, didn't get publish for what reason I don't know. It did not mention of any individual at all, and at best, only trolled the original poster.
you all take an eternity to even publish comments. it naturally kills the entire point of any discussion.
why don't you all hire law school students @LI? I will do all the moderation for you 247365 if you are willing to pay me 5-10k per month. You all can focus on your firm work.
In a country with jobless people filing FIRs at the drop of the hat from far off places, I think it is wise to not leave the forum open.

If you want something more open you're free to open your own website and deal with the FIRs in your own time.