Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
In one of the biggest news today, GNLU has once again shown its mettle after bagging the Rhodes scholarship for 3 times. GNLU's own 2021 graduate student, Anmol Rathore has secured a stupendous rank of AIR-7 in the just concluded UPSC Exam 2024. It is the ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮

Even as GNLU has long surpassed NLUJ in all aspects, it looks that it is closing in on NUJS with the Big-4 of NLS, NALSAR, NUJS and GNLU giving a tough competition to each other to maintain their positions.

The link of the news story:-

https://www.dnaindia.com/education/report-meet-anmol-rathore-j-k-girl-who-cracked-upsc-cse-2023-in-third-attempt-her-air-is-7-civil-services-exam-3085656
Those still refusing to admit that GNLU is a T 1 NLU are doing so at their own risk. The performance of students has been outstanding and the Guj govt is backing GNLU big time. By 2030 GNLU will be in the top 3 of CLAT preferences.
2036: Gujarat hosts the Olympics and GNLU becomes India’s #1 NLU. Save this post.
Are you Modiji? Because you keep shifting the goalposts to Achhe Din.
If that actually happens, credit would go more to nujs than gnlu
This girl is just 24 years old and super-talented. In fact, I saw that there was a post on her in LI before. where she cracked the J&K civil services as rank 1. Great that a girl from a non-privileged background in J&K made it.

She is the true NLU star to be admired, not the law firm-ites!

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/275756-gnlu-girl-gets-rank-1-in-jk-civil-service-exam
just one thing- she cannot be 24. Must be around 26 since she graduated 3 years ago
She's actually 27, will turn 28 when she joins FC. I personally know her. Great kid.
See her interview. She says her yer of birth is 1999. That makes her 25. That’s also a bit young for a 2021 law grad. But remember also that in small towns it is a common practice for parents to either backdate the year of birth or have their children start school early. Either way, she is brilliant.
it was a mock interview. not necessary for her to have stated her real details there.
Happy for her personal success. But having said that, can't believe it's come to this now that tier1/2 NLU grads (that too a high performer) now write state government public service exams. I remember in my time, grads of top NLUs wouldn't even think of joining any civil service other than IAS/IFS/IPS, or tier 1/2 corp jobs, or foreign study. Now even NUJS grads are writing state judiciary exams.
Because state judiciary doesn't deserve bright people to work there? State judiciary affect people's rights on grass root level more than SC ever does.
Dude... State judiciary exams are tough to crack... Plz go and do a proper research.
Here is her interview at her coaching centre, by two retired UPSC officers. She gets some answers on legal GK wrong, but that's also because she is working right now as a non-lawyer and out of touch with law. What I admire is that she is from a modest background from a remote region, yet speaks with fluency and confidence that can match any elite big city kid. She is obviously very driven and will go far in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPRCiNUwOw
In fact ,she says in her interview that she studied in a village in a Hindi medium school till class 6. That too in a remote place like J&K. Just amazing. This is also a case for reforming the reservation system to encouragement people who are disadvantaged in other ways. It's her third attempt. She deserved to be selected in her first attempt.
Mod - please edit the title. The higher-ever UPSC rank by an NLU grad was by Gitanjali Brandon of NLSIU (rank 6).
It's true. (Although, Trollish because of the last remark)

Highest-ever UPSC rank was secured by Jaydev (NLS) rank 5, then joint second highest Geetanjali (NLS) rank 6 with Sakshi Sawhney (NALSAR). Technically, this stands as the third-highest rank achieved by an NLU grad.
Astonishing and disturbing to see this NLU vs that comments here on this post. Can we just appreciate what this fellow has achieved rather than pulling down institutions?
Bro, she is a girl, not a "fellow"! What's astonishing is YOUR comment! Yes, she has a name usually given to boys, but you should check the news reports and videos.
From the Cambridge English Dictionary:

"fellow

adjective [ before noun ]

used to refer to someone who has the same job or interests as you, or is in the same situation as you.

Example: She introduced me to some of her fellow students."

I guess the Cambridge Dictionary really cooked you with its literal first example.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fellow
Also, other than the fact that the Cambridge Dictionary cooked you, stop your misogyny right there. Women are WOMEN, not girls, unless they are children. Do not project your misogyny to other people pretending to be woke.
I am from GNLU, both LLB & LLM, and I've given two interviews myself. So before you start running your mouth, understand the content & context. You're a lawyer at the end of the day. Improve your comprehension skills.

My comment simply states that congratulate the candidate, not the institution, since it was not the institution's job to help her excel in CSE. GNLU or any NLU does not provide classes on CSE. It's a law school, not a CSE coaching institute. If this was the judiciary, then it would have made sense since the institution is in line with judiciary and allied exams. However, people here & all over LI are tooting their own horn, whether it's NLS, GNLU or any other NLUD.

CSE, if you've given it you would know, is unlike other exams. It's more your preparation than the institutions. This is like those coaching institutes that admit 100 aspirants and when one succeeds with their own hardwork, they hijack it as their own.

Grow up. No NLU prepares you for competition exams. It's all on you. So congratulations to the candidate not the institution.
GNLU just needs to hire a few decent faculty known for their expertise in their chosen fields. That's been the thing missing from there in all these years.
Amazing job, I'm sure he worked extremely extremely hard. But the college plays no role here, stop hogging their individual achievements as NLU XYZ achievements.
Exactly as I commented above. CSE is never about the institution, it's more about the individual. Having given this exam myself, I know plenty of people who have come from colleges that one may have never even heard of and still cleared this exam. People congratulating GNLU or NLS only for the selected candidates, not realising that there maybe more from the same universities who haven't even cleared the prelims. So stop the a$$ kissing
Glad this woman made it, but UPSC success is nothing new to Tier 1 NLUs. At least four people from NLUD also made it this year.
From the interview she seems to be a pleasant and sincere girl with no airs, despite her success. It’s hard to find such types of girls (or boys) in NLUs these days. Most of them are super arrogant and think themselves to be god’s gift to mankind. So I wish her the best of luck and hope she continues to be this way.
A 41-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 88-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.