Read 75 comments as:
Filter By
https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/FR-CSM-23-engl-160424.pdf

Spectacular results from NLUs this year, as more and more graduates are cracking the civil service exams. Do add to the results, as and when they're identified.

1. Rank 7- GNLU
2. Rank 55 - NLSIU
3. Rank 100 - GNLU
4. Rank 243 - NLSIU
lol the only thing that can save NUSRL from being irrelevant.

Because placement wise, barely 7-8 people got placed in the current lot. That too out of a batch consisting more than 115 students. All tier-2 law firms and only one Khaitan PPO
PPO? lmao, it was an internship and that got translated into a job offer barely months back! NUSRL students don't even see the light of day zero and this fella\ow is talking about PPO.
PPO nehi tha meri jaan, internship tha. NUSRL ain't that good for PPOs.
Unreal domination by NLUD indeed. Futhermore, out of the 5 candidates who cleared it, 2 are from the 2023 batch who did it in their first attempt.
How is this domination compared to the results of the other NLUs mentioned here? Good for sure, even excellent. But by no means anything superior to the results shown by NLS, GNLU etc.
domination because this is not the first time, last year also 5 got selected and you know the history
4 have cleared the exam from GNLU and NLS combined. There are 5 from NLU Delhi alone- one of them being in top 50. That explains the domination
The fact that this inaccurate comment got four upvotes just shows the NLUD hate on LI. This jealousy is sad.
The college will put up a post on LinkedIn in a few days, you can verify the 5 (or 6) people who have qualified. Till then, enjoy marinating in mediocrity and stewing in jealousy (that made you comment it is "patently false").
Almost all the ranks mentioned here have got downvotes, but trust NLUD stans to feel victimised.
We need more NLU grads in the UPSC. They are any day better than the humanities products from JNU, BHU etc who flood the services.
IJBOL. Have you even studied in these universities? I am a product of a tier 1 NLU & JNU as well, and let me tell you that the difference between intellect between these two universities is huge. NLU grads have an advantage in legal studies, however the rest of the things are oblivious to them. JNU grads have a better understanding of all subjects in humanity. Moreover JNU has been providing the services since day 1, NLUs have just recently started providing grads to the service, otherwise everyone was busy in being a corporate stooge. Moreover, even DU has more in service than NLUs.
Anyone willingly calling themselves a "product" of xyz university is weird at best. Please do not dehumanise yourself like that boo
Genuinely the most retarded thing I've read today. God help the twitter kids. How is that dehumanization? Do you really think they actually consider themselves a "product" in its normative meaning, and that it was not just a way to let you know they studied in those colleges?
You said it yourself. Anyone can crack UPSC. Even a simple humanities graduate. I don't think so being from NLU adds any special flavour to you as far as UPSC is concerned. It is a dumb exam where you can become a revenue officer while taking Sanskrit as your optional and History as your UG gabbling by rote anything in between. Medical colleges are know by the quality of doctors they produce and NLUs should be known by the quality of their lawyers. That's it. You can in between try entrepreneurship or UPSC or acting or whatever you want, but that does not change the basic metrics by which a NLU or a AIIMS should be measured.
NLSIU - been dominating for long, another great year.

GNLU - been killing it in recent years

Other NLUs - Curious to know about NALSAR and NLUD, which have done well in the past. NUJS, of course, has always lagged behind.
NUJS has had plenty of students crack the UPSC over the years, both fresh out of law school or later. Even this year, at least two people have made it. However, we don't believe in making a fanfare about it, because as one has pointed out, the UPSC success barely has anything to do with the law school that one is from.
hn tikhe bhai how did law school even contribute to this? this is their personal achievement
As a PPo holder from a Tier 1 to begin working in few months, I'm suddenly motivated to study for civils. Have people cleared it before with a Tier 1 job earlier? Given that I'll almost start from scratch? Or will CAT be easier to prepare given the corporate bend.
College plays no role in civil services. Limit your nlu d'ck measuring to placements and moots
What nonsense, please pull out stats of how many NLUites have cleared it in the past 5 years, you will get your answer that NLUD is way ahead of the pack.

Really not trying to be a troll here - NLUD may not have the most active placements, but in terms of career outcomes with respect to Delhi judiciary (possibly the toughest judicial services exam to clear) and UPSC, NLUD leads the pack by a mile.
You answered yourself. When a college does not have high placements, recruitments and a good corporate law culture they end up preparing for govt jobs because of the lack of options. Why else do you think traditional humanities graduate from traditional universities dominate UPSC? Beacause that is their "only" exit option. Any top NLU, top IIT or top IIM will have campus placements or professional career in their course of under graduation as the top option. So NLU D used to have more people joining civil services because of the same reason. Its placements are still not matching other tier 1 colleges.
When I graduated years ago, anyone who wanted a job got one. The people prepping for UPSC were obviously not the dregs of the batch with no options - more likely than not they were people with privilege who did not need to earn too much.
In almost every year, there are several NLUD students who opt for alternate careers after they realise that they cannot land a job through campus placement. That's a fact.
Facts need to be backed by data. You're objectively wrong. Even in shitty placement cycles, almost everyone who wanted a job got one. People don't just wake up one day and decide to go for these government exams. The college being in Delhi is a major factor - I have batchmates regularly attending coaching.
You say I'm objectively wrong. I say you're not objective about the placement scene at our university and hence wrong.
NLUD got 6 selected in total, including 49, 276, 303 and more. i guess the reason you didn’t include them in the thread was because they’ve been doing it year in-year out 😂
What are the other ranks? If you know three ranks but are saying that six have been selected, then you must know the other three.
RGNUL Patiala

AIR 65

AIR 332

AIR 800s (From 1 of the old batches,don't know the exact rank)
GNLU Anmol Rathore came close to the all time highest NLU rank this year, with 7. NLS has the 1st (rank 5) and joint 2nd (rank 6) with NALSAR. Hope an NLU grad can break into the top 3 next year, and maybe even the all-India topper. That would be a great day.

This is great motivation for all NLU students.
At least 5 from NLUD that I know of. 5 also got through Delhi judiciary in the last iteration of the exam. Had 5 UPSC selections last year as well.

For years people kept quibbling about why many at NLUD don't sit for placements. You have your answer.
All the NLUD trolls keep saying 5 or 6 people have made it, but nobody can cite the ranks other than 3. NLUD's love tryst with stats continues.
CNLU and NLU lucknow has more students in judicary
Looks like tier 3 students prefer judiciary more
Why are GNLU people so salty about NLUD.

This Gujrati PR model does not work everywhere.

In fact it ticks off people.

Fun fact I'm not from NLUD
Nalsar three alumni secured 328, 357 and 384 rank in upsc 2024 result
Look at the haters downvote even factual comments. Slap on the faces of those who keep hating on NUJS.