Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I’ve seen few Tier I give consultant designation to hires. These are either majority in-house experience candidates or tier III law schools and law firms. What’s the reason?
Your question answers itself. When a candidate doesn’t fit the bill experience or background or quality wise, but they need hands, they try out. These hires don’t become the part of the regular growth or designation trajectory. That’s why most of these get frustrated, get the tag and leave in a few months time. The tag remains obviously. Hehe
Some get fired also in a few months. Tag’s the real free bonus for these ones.
Then please explain how does a person graduating from NLU Bhopal and then Columbia go from a Partner to being a Consultant at CAM.

Your logic is not logic-ing.
That’s the SBI ex chairman consultant category as written above. If I’m not wrong the OP is asking about associate level designation entry into tier I
Consultant at associate level - the comment is valid

Consultant at partner level - the comment is not applicable πŸ‘πŸΌ
I presume your question is not for hires like ex SBI chairman. If not - then the reasons are obvious. They don’t fit in so trial. Make shift.
Don’t think so - because these Tier Is have consultant tags only and they would call out.
OP seems to be asking a career trajectory without hardcore law firm background at associate level to be consultant at a Tier I. The question to me seems to be on entry into a tier I without relevant experience. The senior level consultants who come as experts is a different trajectory I guess