Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
Tesla chief Elon Musk will visit India this month to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is expected to make an announcement related to his plans to invest and open a new factory in India, two sources with direct knowledge said.

The billionaire executive will meet PM Modi in the week of April 22 in New Delhi, and will separately make an announcement about his India plans, said the two sources, who declined to be named as the trip details are confidential.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/elon-musk-to-meet-pm-modi-in-india-may-announce-new-factory-report-5413607/amp/1
unfortunately, WB is the only large state which does not have a vision plan for industrial development, the only thing that they do is sign MoUs and visit EU once a year for public paid foreign trips.
Can you share the video where he had promised to deposit 15 lakhs in every bank account and also quote the exact words that he had said?
He was giving an estimate of how much black money exists in India. He did not promise to deposit in every bank account. You can say that Demonetization was a failure which I believe it was, you can say that his estimate was wrong or that he had no backing for making that claim but you can't say that he made a promise to deposit the amount in every citizen's bank account.
He had said that he would be able to bring back all that black money and use it for public good. Even before this election he has claimed to โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Anyone who has got the slightest knowledge of law doesn't say such things in good faith. He keeps saying such things knowing well that most people don't know any better. Keeps accusing others of corruption while welcomes corrupt leaders into his fold. Starts shady scams like electoral bonds and PM Cares. Keeps reducing free market capitalism and competition by making rules different for his cronies. This man and what he represents are cancer for this country.
Moderator, the part that you have redacted has already been covered by MSM, so there is no reason for not publishing it.
Not a bad idea. Those who fail there go on to make it big in the sector ;)
Hindu BusinessLine is running a poll on this. IMO Modi will push for UP rather than Gujarat, because UP is more electorally important and it will be too much favouritism to again promote Gujarat

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/todays-poll/where-should-elon-musks-tesla-set-up-its-unit-in-india/article68053187.ece
UP needs favour

Gujarat never did

We are self sufficient

We created Mo*i, he didn't create us.
The election is already won my dude. UP is irrelevant until the next 2-3 years. Tesla will most likely be set up somewhere in Maharashtra or Gujarat because of the possibility of tie ups with Ambani. Even otherwise UP is irrelevant for setting up an automotive manufacturing plant since there hardly are any such setups there when compared to Maharashtra and Gujarat. Gujarat also seems to be unlikely since it is difficult to move top talent there. So maybe Karnataka if not Maharashtra.
I think it will be in India. Cheap labour, flexible laws, easy to bribe cronies, make India a relatively great place to produce.
Gujju lobby has already held meetings with the supreme leader even before elon
Most likely either Mah/Guj. But either way, I like this kind of competitive federalism between states to attract large companies to set up manufacturing hubs. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ/acc heavy manufacturing ftw!!!
Chennai is long regarded as the Detroit as Asia and Tesla is in active talks to setup their manufacturing base there.
It will be in the south, because thatโ€™s the tech capital. So Karnataka probably.
Boss the development in Karnataka is just Bangalore and nothing more than that. And Bangalore just has IT supremacy. It isn't much of a manufacturing hub except for some defence industries. Strong contenders from South will be Chennai and Telengana for Tesla plants.
A 23-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.