Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.inc.in/media/manifesto

- constitutional amendment to raise the 50 per cent cap on reservations for SC, ST and OBC

- aid SC and ST students to study abroad

- enact a law with reference to Article 15(5) of the Constitution to provide for reservation in private educational institutions for SC, ST and OBC

- establish a Diversity Commission that will measure, monitor and promote diversity in public and private employment and education

- , minorities to have personal laws

- study abroad scholarships for minority students

- bring a law to recognize civil unions between couples belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communityrin

- all student educational loans will be written off and the banks will be compensated by the government

- 1 lakh per year to every poor Indian family as an unconditional cash transfer

- reserve one-half (50 per cent) of central government jobs for women starting in 2025

- more women are appointed to high positions such as judges, secretaries to government, high ranking police officers, law officers and directors on the boards of listed companies

- reject the β€˜one nation one election’ idea

- amend the Constitution to create two divisions in the Supreme Court: a Constitutional Court and a Court of Appeal.

- More women and persons belonging to the SC, ST, OBC and minorities will be appointed as judges of the High Courts and the Supreme Court

divisions in the Supreme Court: a Constitutional Court and a Court of Appeal.
l reserve one-half (50 per cent) of central government jobs for women starting in 2025

on reservations for SC, ST and OB
Heh heh… voting pattern confirms that most NLU students are liberals who support the Congress. That’s cute, but who’s gonna tell them? 😜
How the tuck they will fund the waiver of all loan more free money credited to poor people. Simple it will come back as increase in income tax rate, costly electricity, petrol, and other normal amenities. Inshorts middle class or lower middle class. Freebies im short will become burden for govt and this burden will pushed on people.
They have also promised to pay one woman member of each family in India one lakh each. I’m guessing that would cover around 500 million people at least? I did the math. In USD that comes to USD 625,000,000,000 = USD 625 billion
I by no means support hindutva politics of BJP but it seems like INC makes tall claims of uniting india against hegemony but simply wants to give BJP a shoe-in victory
What is up with reservation for foreign education. Is INC admitting that Indian education is sub par in ameliorate the so called deprived castes?
I have always been a congress supporter, and was gonna vote for them until they started with this 'quota' politics. Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi - none of them wanted more quotas. Even Manmohan Singh govt never engaged in such petty politics. Now when Rahul Gandhi knows that raising issues like inflation/unemployment has not given them election wins, he and his ilk has decided to resort to the last plank i.e. caste. Dividing India on the basis of caste portraying general category to be the enemy. This insane person does not even know the long term repercussions. Central govt jobs already have 60% quotas (50% being caste based), where does the need to grant more quotas arise? What exactly will taking quotas to 80% achieve? Would the so called reputed educational institutions still be relevant, when they would only cater to castes and not merit? I belong to a government college and hypothetically, if all the reservations INC's manifesto seeks are implemented here alongside state's domicile quota, the number of unreserved seats left will be 8 out of 100.

What started out as a noble method to seek representation of oppressed communities has only reduced to a source of votebank politics. "Not winning elections? Impose a quota." Everyday, we have a new community demanding backward status and the political parties cater to them because otherwise how would they secure their votes. Marathas, Patidars, Jat quota agitations are the prime examples. The talk about imposing quotas on private educational institutions is super insane because I am sure the man does not know about Article 19. While in their speeches, he has even talked about imposing quotas on private jobs, the same is not mentioned in the manifesto just so he does not lose the 'vote-bank' of people handling businesses and corporates.

I really hope Congress is reduced to less than 30 seats this time around, so this man can take retirement and let party be with the few sensible leaders, who are still left in the party. The India of 2024 does not need this Congress. India needs to move forward. Any effort to slow it down must be resisted.
hi, i read through the entire manifesto and while what you've included here is not false, it does appear to be cherry-picked to your interests. I'd highly recommend that everyone read or at least skim through the entire manifesto
A 30-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.