Read 60 comments as:
Filter By
Hi

I’m planning to create a tier list of Indian law colleges, and I’d like to gather your opinions on my initial draft. Once I’ve gathered feedback, I’ll refine the list and post it here.

S Tier: NLSIU, NLUD

A Tier: NALSAR, NUJS, NLIU

B Tier: JGLS, GNLU, NLUJ, MNLU-M

C Tier: SLS,HNLU, RMLNLU, RGNLU, GLC, CLC

D Tier: NLUAS, NLUO, MNLU-N&A,CNLU, LC-I, ILS, IIM Rohtak’s IPL

E Tier : Every other undergraduate admitting all college in the country.

Questions:

1) Should JGLS be in the A tier, considering the profile of their faculty and their amazing infrastructure (from the perspective of an NLS student)?

2) Is NLIU at the same level as NALSAR and NUJS, or should it be placed in the B tier?

3) Considering its decline in recent years, should ILS even be in the D tier now?

4) What’s your opinion about IIM Rohtak’s IPL? It's quite new, but I've still placed it in the D tier because of the overall brand reputation of IIMs.

Please do share your thoughts and opinions on these questions. Thank you!
Lol, not really. NALSAR really isn’t that special anymore. Definitely not above NLUD except on account of older alumni.
Jindal above GNLU and NLUJ ??? lmaoooo

Jaake padhai karle TLC ke first year
I am not enrolled in a TLC, though I see no problem with them. As mentioned in my 1st question, I am a student at NLS. It seems you may need to improve your comprehension of the English language.
Yeah, but is student quality the only criterion to determine institutional worth? We must not forget that JGLS has good infrastructure and a competent faculty.
Again, please give me a reason why NLIU is not above GNLU AND NLUJ.

GNLU was indeed leading ahead of NLIU in recent times however they have severe student issues like sexual harassment etc. Infant just today a committee has been set up under retired judge Indu Malhotra to deal with true same problem.

NLIU on the other hand has RGNCLC.
Correct T1 and T2 list:

T1

NLSIU

NALSAR

GNLU

NUJS

NLUJ

NLUD

T2

HNLU

NLUO

RMLNLU

NLIU
No one and I mean, no one, would put NUJS above NLUD today. Not a single CLAT aspirant would choose NUJS over NLUD unless they’re so home sick that they can’t leave Kolkata. And you can keep shouting placements, but everyone knows NUJS students intern throughout the year without attending classes, have zero academic rigour, and artificially inflate grades and use all their alumni pull to keep considering themselves as tier-1.
The fact that you used a hashtag is enough to show you why NLUD is better than NUJS.
The fact that you couldn't engage on the substance of the argument is enough to show otherwise, though I am not from NUJS myself.
No. They’ll choose NUJS because they couldn’t crack NLUD. And let’s be honest, if NLUD ever joined CLAT, it would be preferred above NALSAR and perhaps even over NLS considering how it’s now the only NLU without some quality-diluting domicile quota.
You shouldn't make comments that you cannot substantiate factually.
It’s a fact that NLUD is the only NLU without local domicile reservation. It is also a fact that a substantial number of toppers drop NLS and NALSAR for NLUD today. What more facts do you need?
The second fact is not backed by any stats. The first fact has not made any difference to the level of education offered at the other NLUs. Hence neither is relevant for the purpose of this discussion.
Probably an NLIU stan, tried provoking with NLUD in S-tier. But fell flat, everyone caught on when he quietly slid NLIU above GNLU and NLUJ

NLS and Nalsar: Tier S

NUJS, GNLU, NLUJ, NLUD: Tier A

NLIU, Jindal, NLUO: Tier B
Dawg, NLIU ain’t Tier-B lmao. It is on an equal footing with gnlu and Nluj at least.
Happy by downgrading NLIU? Now go sleep with satisfaction. Very easily NLIU is above GNLU in terms of placement. You can write ten more paragraphs to justify your point on "NLIU should be placed below GNLU." Reality is well known to everyone.
If NLUD isn’t S-tier, NALSAR certainly isn’t. And at this point, with NLS’ declining placements and massive batch size, NLS is A-tier, max. By the time Messiah’s leaves, it might struggle via-a-vis even NLUJ.
For the record, GNLU placed the most, only below NUJS. NLUD less than 30ish Wahahahahahahahahahah
Why are you creating this list exactly? What purpose does it serve apart from generating more needless comments fuelling the silly di- sorry, NIRF measuring contest?
Ahhn not another NLU D troll. Bro forget NALSAR or NLS, NLUD is not even better than NUJS and definitely at par with NLU J and GNLU. It is good for govt exam preparation much like any other good college of Delhi University. But if placements is your goal then there are other better law schools.
as always - a ranking without methodology is no better than tarot readings
We have an official government ranking, which is NIRF. Only that matters.
You have tried well.

I think NLS Bangalore is way ahead other NLUs for its faculty, alumni, reputation and everything.

Tier 1A: NLSIU

Tier 1: Nalsar, NLUD, NUJS, JGLS, NLUJ, GNLU, NLIU

Tier 2: HNLU, RML, RGNUL, NUALS, SLS Pune, MNLU Mumbai, GLC, CLC, ILS Pune

Tier 3: CNLU, NLUO, Christ, Nirma, NUSRL, MNLU Nagpur, NLU Trichy, NLU Assam,

Tier 4: All other NLUs, Symbiosis Noida, GGSIP University etc.
delusional list cnlu is put in last preference, also how is jgls at par with gnlu?
JGLS is ahead of GNLU on all parameters like Faculty, Infrastructure, Academic Resources, Library, International opportunities, Internships and Number of T1 jobs in last 5 years. JGLS puts double or triple the number of students in Oxford, Cambridge or Ivy league Universities compared to GNLU. JGLS faculty has published double of all NLUs combined when it comes to the Scopus indexed journal articles in law.

GNLU probably has good overall student quality due to CLAT intake. That alone won't make it superior.
Jindal ahead in T1 jobs, academics and LLM applications? What are you smoking bud?

Jindal has a batch strength of 900 and only 30 get placed in T1 and like 60 in T2 and T3 firms. GNLU places 150-160 students out of a batch strength of 200 in T1 and T2 firms. Rest of the students get placed in house, crack UPSC and Judiciary, pursue foreign LLM and are also Rhodes Scholar. Jindal students (your toppers) envy our academic rigour , placements and faculty quality. How many Rhodes Scholars does Jindal have, GNLU has hundreds of Law firm partners in T1 firms and T2 firms. We have hundreds of judges in the lower judiciary, we have IAS IRS IPS and other civil services officers, we have lots of people having successful practice in litigation, many of the alumni are working in senior positions in foreign law firms. Graduates of GNLU actually serve the country, unlike people at Jindal who just need a single excuse to leave the country.
The second last statement is not accurate. JGLS claims it as PR, but factually it is not correct. JGLS' per faculty annual scopus publications isn't higher than the top NLUs, who don't do any PR about their publications. JGLS has more faculty, hence their absolute number of publications is higher. Even then, on an average only half of their faculty publish even a single paper in scopus indexed journals every year. Despite having greater salary and access to funding than any NLU faculty.
I think someone has caught exactly what OP was trying to do. OP purposefully placed NLUD above NALSAR to create ruckus. While his motive all the time was to slyly place NLIU above NLU J and GNLU and thought no one will notice. Hahha not so smart!
S tier - NLS

A tier - NALSAR, NLUD, NUJS

B tier - NLUJ, HNLU, GNLU

C tier - NLUAS, NLUO, MNLU-N&A,CNLU
A 5-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.