Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I always have wanted to go abroad to study just for the experience. I was thinking of doing a foreign LLM but it's really expensive and since I want to work in India, it's pointless. I still want to experience foreign law school once and was thinking about LSE Summer school. It's still a very big investment tho, is it really worth it? I was thinking of their course in International Financial Regulations.

But again the problem is the fee is like 8 times my law school fees. Do you think it's an experience someone should not miss and atleast have once in their life? I am in my third year of a non nlu.

According to me the expense including food accommodation tuition and flight will come to around 7 lacs, which is not really terrible for my family it is still a huge chunk. But given that LLMs are even more expensive, it seems like a viable choice. Someone who has already done a course like this do you have any advice or recommendation?
Wait what? Rs 7 lakhs for a summer school? Most people pay Rs 7-8 lakhs for a semester exchange abroad. The summer school is totally not worth it in comparison, also because most of your peers at any summer school but especially LSE will not be young bright students but middle-aged people with broken English and without a spark in their eyes anymore
i thought exchange semesters were fully funded! they aren't? are there no scholarships like DAAD WISE for law? (thats engineering/research fully funded scholarships in germany)
Usually the tuition is fully funded but you have to pay for accommodation/food etc, but yeah some places have scholarships. It varies a lot
As a former attendee, worth it, I learned a lot that I put to use professionally. But not as much bang for your buck, and not a substitute for a master's degree. If time is on your side, and it's either summer school or LLM, save up and go for an LLM.
What about an online LLM ? Does it have the same value ? For some it will cost 3-4 lakhs only.
Geneva summer school is better. LSE is really an opportunity for them to make some quick money. Unless you get academic credit at your home university or have that kind of cash to of it casually and not think about twice - then do it. I got in last year and didn’t go because it didn’t seem worth the money.
Faculty is also at the TA level and hired for the summer in some cases.