Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
Saw a LinkedIn post where a guy posted - feel like saying to CAM associates ki Mai toh nahi sehta. What's the context of this
Let's give her a moment's benefit of doubt and say, her feedback is spot on about the two associates.

But:

1. Has she ever confronted the said two associates about their behaviour?

2. What is the culture that you set, by an email like this, the more powerful get to shit all over the less powerful, regardless of fault?

Makes no sense to be sending out emails like these with the world copied- not only spoils the careers of the associates in question, but also shows Avaantikaa in very poor light to potential recruits and quite frankly, even clients (like myself).

She could have chosen to simply Fire the said two associates- that would have been better. But alas', the adage that with great power, comes great responsibility, is lost to almost every law firm partner.
This is the most sensible comment I have ever come cross on Legally India
Highly doubt you are a client. Looks a bit like you are trying to make this sound more damaging than it is. 99 percent of the clients don't give a rats ass to team culture and want stuff done as of yesterday. So if associates have to sacrifice their Diwali or Holi so that a draft can sit in their inbox, they are happy to pay it.
Maybe they are not a client. Maybe they don't give a rat's ass. what harm are you trying to mitigate? do you understand the difference in bargaining power between associates and partners? the only damage here is tangibly going to be borne by the associates. people like you get kicks out of being servile and kissing boots to compensate for your below-average IQ and scarcity mentality.
Highly doubt that you are indeed a partner or a PA, ingrained in these outdated thoughts. In an over supplied supplied market, let's say you are a GC highly doubt, you'll ever make one, with this attitude, would you rather give work to someone who you know is nice (or atleast not horrible) and competent or would you give work to someone who is horrible and competent? There comes a stage, when there is little to differentiate between senior partners- ultimately choices are driven by prejudices or likes. For sure, being horrible, is not like a + on your profile?

Please stop being horrible to your juniors, just because somebody else was horrible to you, when you were incompetent as a kid. We were all incompetent at some stage. Time and tide, fixes us.
Was the CCI application drafted by these associates not reviewed by anyone before filing with the CCI? Whichever way you answer this question, there's a problem. I wonder which is the bigger problem.
idk about you, but most students looking for a job don't have so much choice
I would rather remain jobless, but never work with a partner like Avaantika.
The email is written like it was from a school principal. Trippiest shit i have seen. Now that the partner has so clearly identified the persons how difficult would it be for them to survive in the firm and in light of the email leak will anybody else employ them in the future?
who ever employed CAM ex associates lol, they usually move tier 2 anyway, ab woh bhi nahi hoga. collateral damage
Shows the work ethic of the person who leaked a confidential communication. I hope that person is caught and fired!
what about the partner? who writes a mail like that and cc everyone? is she not human?
If identity is not figured out all of the 3 will be fired wholesale, hope you realise that
Absolutely disrespectful, what I don’t understand is - how can these associates stay quiet on this. This is insulting to a next level.
Guys immediately put your papers! Its not worth it! You guys can make it anywhere.
As an incoming AO at CAM, I am bracing for impact. Sharing all this to my family so that they know what I will go through.
Who leaked it? What will be the consequences?

There are a lot of people in the email

Will Avantika Kakkar or CAM HR find this out?
Both will be fired 100%

This is not a tribunal they don’t need to establish chain of custody before firing

A0s are most disposable in the law firm world
That CAM partner ranting about the associates making mistakes and not READING properly has herself spelt incompetent wrong in the email. Oops forgot to proof read?
Shows the seniors incompetence if such a grave mistake is getting overlooked before the draft is finalised. What even do you do if you don't even check the work of the a0s.
Her anger (not her tone or her specific words) would be somewhat justified if she was responding to a first cut sent for internal review to her, not the cut FILED with a regulator.

Avaantika needs to review everything leaving her desk a thousand times over. If there was a mistake in some math, it's her responsibility to catch it when Associates send the draft internally for review. Those Associates didn't sign on the draft filed with CCI, she or another partner did.

As someone on client side, I would be livid and fire them immediately. Simple professional responsibility aside, what exactly am I paying Partner rates and many billable hours for if this is the draft filed at the end of it?
A 22-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.