Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I am a law student and will be starting my college this year. I know that lawyers have to do lots of reading. I am not a reader and have never been into reading that much. I want to start reading to prepare for law. How do I start, pls help me!!
its a skill like any other. the more you do it the easier it becomes. Start by reading your favorite fiction and then transition to non fiction and then to academic work.
just start!!!! just pick a book, any book and start reading. Even if you dont like the book or find it boring, keep reading, this will help a lot in reading judgements.
I was on the same boat as you. Never read anything other than the coursebooks till class 11th. Start with the newspaper and read it for 30-40mins at a stretch without moving. Then slowly increase this. Also, download apps of media houses: Economic Times, Bar and Bench, LiveLaw etc. They will keep spamming you with notifications, read the news that excites you, this way, you will develop a reading habit. Start with these before delving into long, boring essays..
Actually if you really want to make reading a lifelong commitment, you should read whatever you like and just be consistentπŸ‘
The advice I have heard on and on is that you should make it a habit to read few pages a day and then, increase as time goes on. Do it for 21 days then it would become a habit.