Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
The advice I have heard on and on is that you should make it a habit to read few pages a day and then, increase as time goes on. Do it for 21 days then it would become a habit.
Actually if you really want to make reading a lifelong commitment, you should read whatever you like and just be consistentπŸ‘
I was on the same boat as you. Never read anything other than the coursebooks till class 11th. Start with the newspaper and read it for 30-40mins at a stretch without moving. Then slowly increase this. Also, download apps of media houses: Economic Times, Bar and Bench, LiveLaw etc. They will keep spamming you with notifications, read the news that excites you, this way, you will develop a reading habit. Start with these before delving into long, boring essays..
just start!!!! just pick a book, any book and start reading. Even if you dont like the book or find it boring, keep reading, this will help a lot in reading judgements.
its a skill like any other. the more you do it the easier it becomes. Start by reading your favorite fiction and then transition to non fiction and then to academic work.
I am a law student and will be starting my college this year. I know that lawyers have to do lots of reading. I am not a reader and have never been into reading that much. I want to start reading to prepare for law. How do I start, pls help me!!